Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously a load of tosh. I remember Pep bigging him up after he came on that game on the cut up NFL pitch at Wembley, they beat us 1-0 and Lamela missed a late sitter.

It's way too random to be a load of tosh. 75 mill and they can have him

Re: the Winks story - the biggest factor that could make this true must be Man City trying to get as many Home Grown players as they can.

For the same reason we should be wary though. The guy bleeds Spurs and we'll quickly find ourselves falling foul of HG quotas when looking to replace him.

In my opinion we shouldn't be entertaining the idea of selling him this summer. Give him a chance to play next to Højbjerg and see how it turns out.

Guardiola has highly praised Winks in the past. He’d fit in nicely as a squad player in their midfield 3. There could well be something to this.

You're right when I think of players I often go KDB, Phil Foden, David Silva, Bernardo Silva and Harry Winks.

I do like Winks as someone who has come through our academy but if we are offered 40 mil for him we should bite their hands off , he is a fairly average player that isnt gonna improve any more

However this is clearly BS , no one is paying anywhere near that for him

Re: the Winks story - the biggest factor that could make this true must be Man City trying to get as many Home Grown players as they can.

For the same reason we should be wary though. The guy bleeds Spurs and we'll quickly find ourselves falling foul of HG quotas when looking to replace him.

In my opinion we shouldn't be entertaining the idea of selling him this summer. Give him a chance to play next to Højbjerg and see how it turns out.

Sell Winks and buy Grealish and Eze. Sorted

I do like Winks as someone who has come through our academy but if we are offered 40 mil for him we should bite their hands off , he is a fairly average player that isnt gonna improve any more

However this is clearly BS , no one is paying anywhere near that for him

They paid 41 mill for Ake

But Winks would be at best the 5th option in MF for them behind KDB, Foden, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and 6th if they are done with the Fernandinho CB experiment.

They would be better of listing Tommy Doyle in their line-up for the HG factor and spending the 40 million elsewhere. Or spending less and getting Alli from us who has a chance to actually fill in a role for them.

Or if HG players are a problem then ditch Bravo and get an English back-up goalie.

Sure they may want HG players but Winks for 40 million is the equivalent of cutting off your whole upper lip because you want to get rid of your mustache. There are much less painful and scarring ways to fill the HG quota.

But Winks would be at best the 5th option in MF for them behind KDB, Foden, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and 6th if they are done with the Fernandinho CB experiment.

They would be better of listing Tommy Doyle in their line-up for the HG factor and spending the 40 million elsewhere. Or spending less and getting Alli from us who has a chance to actually fill in a role for them.

Or if HG players are a problem then ditch Bravo and get an English back-up goalie.

Sure they may want HG players but Winks for 40 million is the equivalent of cutting off your whole upper lip because you want to get rid of your mustache. There are much less painful and scarring ways to fill the HG quota.

Fernandinho is almost finished, Gundogan is no longer the player he was

Easier said than done - how much more would Grealish cost than we'd sell Winks for?

Well then don't buy Winks, use Doyle as the extra man on the bench to fill HG quotas and they are fine as can be.

If they bought Winks who out of their current MF of: KDB, Foden, Bernardo Silva, Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundogan do you see him playing ahead of?

That is 6 guys deep they go already and that is if they don't add anyone else this transfer window. Plus Mahrez who could easily play in the MF and Zinchenko who is listed as a MF but I always remember playing FB for them.

Back
Top Bottom