Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fernandinho is almost finished, Gundogan is no longer the player he was

They are still both better players than Winks.

And I am not sure if Fernandinho is almost finished or not but as I am told here many times, it doesn't matter what we think because Pep loves him and plays him all the time. Doubt he sits Fernandinho and plays Winks at DM instead.

They are still both better players than Winks.

And I am not sure if Fernandinho is almost finished or not but as I am told here many times, it doesn't matter what we think because Pep loves him and plays him all the time. Doubt he sits Fernandinho and plays Winks at DM instead.

Well if the Winks rumour is true then I think il trust Pep on this one. He kinda knows what he is doing

Never said he'd start. But Winks would slot in absolutely fine in their midfield for cup matches etc. And as others have said, he would help with their home grown quota.

Again ahead of who?

City has 6 better MFers than Winks already. Pep likes players that can push the ball forward, something that Winks is woeful at. He adds nothing to their team except for his birth country and if that is all he brings they can get that for way less than 40 million or can get a way better player for that same 40 million that fills the HG quota.

Well if the Winks rumour is true then I think il trust Pep on this one. He kinda knows what he is doing

But of course it isn't true.

40 million is a ridiculous price for Winks. City is ridiculous team to buy him.

The rumour makes zero sense at all so no we don't have to trust Pep because this has nothing to do with Pep and everything to do with a journo looking for clicks.

Again ahead of who?

City has 6 better MFers than Winks already. Pep likes players that can push the ball forward, something that Winks is woeful at. He adds nothing to their team except for his birth country and if that is all he brings they can get that for way less than 40 million or can get a way better player for that same 40 million that fills the HG quota.
Pep also likes to train players, make them better than they ever thought they could be.

No-one’s selling Winks as a) Jose seems to like him and b) it’s well-established on here that he’s ‘champo’ level so a far better coach than Jose (as established on here) wouldn’t want him.

If someone is offering 40 million and we aren't selling then whoever made that decision needs to be fired. Jose might like him but guaranteed for 40 million he can get players he like a lot more.

Pep also likes to train players, make them better than they ever thought they could be.

For 40 million with zero history of being class or playing the way Pep likes to play.

If that is what Pep wants why would he spend 40 million on Winks when he can spend less on better players who better fit his style and are younger so better able to be trained by Pep?

But of course it isn't true.

40 million is a ridiculous price for Winks. City is ridiculous team to buy him.

The rumour makes zero sense at all so no we don't have to trust Pep because this has nothing to do with Pep and everything to do with a journo looking for clicks.

Clickbait??? Winks to City?? Im sure the journo can think up better rumours than that if he wants clicks

Clickbait??? Winks to City?? Im sure the journo can think up better rumours than that if he wants clicks

So just to be clear you think that City are legitimately thinking of overspending to get a 24 year old player that would be at best their 7th MFer just to fulfill HG quotas?

You don't think would spend much less to get better players if need to fill a HG quota? Or address other areas of need to address their HG quotas?

And I am not sure what better rumour there is than including two big clubs in the PL and it seems to be working as there are people like you trying to justify how this clearly BS rumour could make sense.

For 40 million with zero history of being class or playing the way Pep likes to play.

If that is what Pep wants why would he spend 40 million on Winks when he can spend less on better players who better fit his style and are younger so better able to be trained by Pep?

Maybe you underestimate Winks. For all we know Pep might be a huge fan of him. We shall see

Back
Top Bottom