Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably not a ‘neat and tidy’ HG, international MF

People are really overblowing this whole HG thing.

If we get 40 million for Winks, then buy Thiago for 30 million, sell Gazzaniga and use that money plus the extra 10 to get Aaron Ramsdale.

Boom our HG quota is the same, we improved our MF immensely and improved our GK as well.

So just to be clear you think that City are legitimately thinking of overspending to get a 24 year old player that would be at best their 7th MFer just to fulfill HG quotas?

You don't think would spend much less to get better players if need to fill a HG quota? Or address other areas of need to address their HG quotas?

And I am not sure what better rumour there is than including two big clubs in the PL and it seems to be working as there are people like you trying to justify how this clearly BS rumour could make sense.

Since when has spending money been a problem for City. 40 mill is fuck all to them. They didn't havd to waste 41 mill on Ake to fulfill the HG quota. By your reckoning surely they could havd found some one better and cheaper, if money was an issue :mourhandlaugh:

Maybe you underestimate Winks. For all we know Pep might be a huge fan of him. We shall see

Sure he may be. There is nothing at all to indicate this but anything is possible.

Messi might be a big fan of Spurs and tell Barca to sell him to us for 5 pounds. For all we know this is true.

But if I read a rumour from some hack journalist about Messi coming to Spurs on the cheap despite "for all we know" I'm not holding my breath on that move.

People are really overblowing this whole HG thing.

If we get 40 million for Winks, then buy Thiago for 30 million, sell Gazzaniga and use that money plus the extra 10 to get Aaron Ramsdale.

Boom our HG quota is the same, we improved our MF immensely and improved our GK as well.
Yeah. Easy. We’ll just buy a player that has no interest in us.

Since when has spending money been a problem for City. 40 mill is fuck all to them. They didn't havd to waste 41 mill on Ake to fulfill the HG quota. By your reckoning surely they could havd found some one better and cheaper, if money was an issue :mourhandlaugh:

Sure money isn't an issue but that doesn't mean they just spend it wildly on crap for no reason.

CB is a huge need for them. MF is the exact opposite.

Yes it may be a huge overpay but adding Ake at least makes sense. You could easily see him being at worst the 3rd choice CB for them.

Adding Winks as their 7th choice MF makes no sense.

Why not add the much, much better player in Thiago for 30 million and then swap Bravo for an English GK to meet HG quotas?

Or buy Lewis or Aarons at FB for 20 million to fulfill their HG quota? Or buy Ings to fulfull their HG quota.

You make it sound like overpaying Winks is the only solution to their HG quota.

Also. do you think they can't get Winks for 30 m or even 25 m or 20 m? Like even if they want Winks the 40 m is a ridiculous amount to pay.

Fuck off, they just paid £41m for Ake, if they want Winks we should be rinsing them for £50m minimum. However shit some on here might think he is, City can't really cite him being shit as a mitigating factor in their bid when THEY want to sign him...

On the subject of Thiago... Apparently Liverpool are dragging their heels over asking prices again...... First the Norwich LB.... Now this..... Tight cunts. :levywtf:

Its easy to drag your heels when your starting 11 is already set, you just won the league by 20 points, have been in two of the least 3 CL finals winning one and the purchase is a luxury not a need.

I am not sure why people keep trying to use Liverpool as they are some sort of comparable club to us right now.

Its easy to drag your heels when your starting 11 is already set, you just won the league by 20 points, have been in two of the least 3 CL finals winning one and the purchase is a luxury not a need.

They "needed" a back up LB.... They opted for a cheaper non EPL-proven 2nd choice option.....

Scandalous..... :harrysmile:

I am not sure why people keep trying to use Liverpool as they are some sort of comparable club to us right now.

It's ok I don't expect you to see the irony.....

Fuck off, they just paid £41m for Ake, if they want Winks we should be rinsing them for £50m minimum. However shit some on here might think he is, City can't really cite him being shit as a mitigating factor in their bid when THEY want to sign him...

True. That's why I'd tell them 75 mill or fuck off:levystare:

Then if they offer anything above 60 mill as a compromise I'd bite their hand off:levywhoa:

Ake’s 41m; Walker was 45m many years ago...Winks is probably more like 60-65 for the HG aspect alone (to City).

I can’t help thinking that if this is true it’s some passive-aggressive way of getting back at teams that have wanted them booted out of the CL. Especially now City seem to think they are cleaner-than-clean...

40m is good if we use it right but i doubt Levy would use it right so City just can fuck off.

For me a good transfer window realistically would be: Castagne/Wilson/lets say Brooks and Skriniar. Would improve our defence, of course, and add some fresh blood to attacking. Anything more is a bonus, lets say another CM or LB/RB cover, Deeney or whatever.

True. That's why I'd tell them 75 mill or fuck off:levystare:

Then if they offer anything above 60 mill as a compromise I'd bite their hand off:levywhoa:

.....How about this Foden kid that struggles for game-time?

Maybe he'd like the chance to jump-start his career under a manger that's known to give yoof a chance.... I'm sure we could arrange a whatsapp with Tanganga or MacTomminay as part of the pitch. :moursad:

PF + 30m = HW ??? :levyeyes:

Again ahead of who?

City has 6 better MFers than Winks already. Pep likes players that can push the ball forward, something that Winks is woeful at. He adds nothing to their team except for his birth country and if that is all he brings they can get that for way less than 40 million or can get a way better player for that same 40 million that fills the HG quota.
What 6? DM: Rodri, Fernandinho, No. 10 KDB, Foden, No:8 Gundogan and (Winks?)
David Silva is leaving.

Back
Top Bottom