Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope he is gone soon, he's a rotten cunt and is the sun's locker room rat

Still has good instincts going forward but he's lost half a yard of pace and his game relies on his ability to get back and cover. Maybe he starts a few at the beginning of the season since we have the schedule from hell in September but I imagine he'd just be frozen out.

What all of them? Clark, Yedlin, Stambouli, Fazio?
Irrelevant.
The point was made that Levy chooses the players.
It’s been proven to be fake.

Ive proven that, I don’t need quotes from the whole squad saying Poch spoke to them before they joined.
Aurier
Llorente
Ndombele
Numerous reports of him calling for Coutinho

Can you find the quotes where the players say Levy came and scouted me and we spoke?

No. BF3 said Klopp wanted Lewis, but got Tsimikas. And you agreed with him.
For context, this is where I got this from just as an FYI for the discussion - James Pearce and Michael Bailey are both pretty connected so I don't think this was smoke when it was reported.

Norwich City have rejected an offer of £8 million rising to £10 million in add-ons from Liverpool for left-back Jamal Lewis, report James Pearce and Michael Bailey.

Norwich instead value the 22-year-old, who is under contract until 2023, at closer to £20 million and The Athletic understands the club are surprised to have received such a low offer. It remains to be seen whether Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards will now up Liverpool’s bid.

Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of Lewis and is keen to make the Northern Ireland international his first signing of the summer transfer window, as he searches for cover for established left-back Andy Robertson.

The Athletic understands that the player has his heart set on a move to Anfield and is happy to accept that he would be back-up to Robertson initially. He wants to continue his development under the guidance of Klopp and is hoping that a compromise fee can be agreed between the clubs.

Liverpool are understood to have a number of other left-back options under consideration. One potential alternative is Olympiakos’ Greece international Kostas Tsimikas.

Signing a left-back is a priority for Klopp. Robertson has only missed four league games in total over the past two seasons and, with no natural deputy in the squad, giving him a breather when he’s been carrying knocks has proved difficult.

James Milner has filled in admirably but, for all his defensive solidity, the 34-year-old midfielder can’t offer the same kind of attacking thrust.

The Athletic revealed on Wednesday that Liverpool valued Lewis at around £10 million and were prepared to pay £8 million up front.

---

The Athletic understands Norwich would have to reduce their demands significantly if Lewis is going to seal a move to Liverpool. Edwards values him at around £10 million and is prepared to offer £8 million up front, with a further £2 million to potentially follow in add-ons.

That is a significant gap to bridge, but Edwards has a reputation for sticking to his valuations. When he signed Alisson from Roma in 2018, Liverpool were quoted £90 million but only paid £65 million. They have walked away from potential deals they did not consider to be value for money.

Again did you read what they said?

Marbutt talks about his character, that has never been in question.

Southgate raises the fact that he is having issues at Spurs.

Shearer article is 3 years ago saying he should start 1 game, not exaclty saying how awesome he is or relevant to today.

Poch was talking about how he had played well lately in Jan of 2019, but also mentioned that he needed to do more.

The articles you posted do not say what you think they do. As I already mentioned but you just ignored.

So no it isn't either they are wrong or I am right because they are not saying that Winks is quite good at all.
The Shearer article is from 3 years ago and says he should start in a game. It isn't really heaping a ton of praise on him but I would say he was wrong

Southgate is dead wrong in his assessment of Winks

Let me guess
Anyone who praises Winks is wrong
Anyone who doesn't is right.

But you’re writing off players because they are from the lower half of the PL.
Now you’re claiming we need Division 3 signings again.
Id never seen Dele play prior to his move bar that Utd game but I’ve seen Hojberg many times and he’s been nothing but average

My point is around improving our scouting structure like when we used to sign players like Modric and Berbatov - true gems. We’ve now wasted millions on cloggers over the last 5 years

ATM, Rose is due back to be training with Spurs first team on Monday.

Is anyone expecting him to see out the last year of his contract at Spurs rather than going to Newcastle or Leeds or other club ?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah - he’s definitely part of our plans.....

:walker:

Back
Top Bottom