Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rating

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate our window

• 10/10

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • 09/10

Votes: 144 53.7%
  • 08/10

Votes: 78 29.1%
  • 07/10

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 06/10

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 05/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 04/10

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 03/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 02/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 01/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But we're talking about your pathetic slur that I was lying when I claimed some people rated the 2020 window 10/10

You fucked up mate. Jumped the gun. Made a silly fool of yourself.

Be a man and just own it for fuck sake

You were originally talking about the summer 2022 window (ie now), so really not sure why we've gone back to the 2020 window - 2 years ago.

You were originally talking about the summer 2022 window (ie now), so really not sure why we've gone back to the 2020 window - 2 years ago.

:pochshock:

Plus Rodon and also Vinucius on loan. The 2013 Bale money window rightly gets some hammer as does 2019 with Ndombele/Lo Celso but not sure 2020 was any better looking at that lot.

And a lot of fans on here and around the way were very pleased with that window.

A few gave it 10 / 10

I think I gave it 5 and took dogs abuse at the time.
Turns out I was being generous

Edit: more than a few. 26 people (10% of the poll)

Your best imitation of Putin yet - lying for lying sake

Nobody (or may be one which I haven't seen gave the window 10 out of 10 .

You just invent stories just to try to validate your hate of the owners

Same story as when you invented lots of 'facts' to assert the stadium woud never be built with enic in charge

Hello hologram in Tottenham High Street ! And yes its a great way to remind everyone as to how accurate 'Moaner Thomas' is,

:contefacepalm2:

Last edited:
93% of the forum thought it was 8/10 or above.

I guess they all must be "brainwashed" "Levy-lovers" & "ENIC-bots". :yawn:

......I wonder what a January 2022 poll would have looked like?

80% = "5/10 - Juve reject dross... Sack Paratici"

......?

Is there a lesson to be learned in there somewhere? :sonhmm:

Looking back at this poll…

PEH was obviously a bargain at 15m

Hart was fine. Free homegrown backup keeper

Doherty and Reggie is probably where it looked good at the time but neither player turned out. Can see why people rated it highly…. Because they were positions of need.

Bale maybe got everyone hyped.

Vinicius no good but low risk.

Rodon same.

Looking back I’d still go 7.5/10 based on what we spent. There weren’t any catastrophes like Ndom and Lo celso.

Maybe standards were low that season and this season a bit high with the cash injection.

Looking back at this poll…

PEH was obviously a bargain at 15m

Hart was fine. Free homegrown backup keeper

Doherty and Reggie is probably where it looked good at the time but neither player turned out. Can see why people rated it highly…. Because they were positions of need.

Bale maybe got everyone hyped.

Vinicius no good but low risk.

Rodon same.

Looking back I’d still go 7.5/10 based on what we spent. There weren’t any catastrophes like Ndom and Lo celso.

Maybe standards were low that season and this season a bit high with the cash injection.

Doh (EPL-proven) & Reg (Blossoming star in Europe) should (in theory) have hit the spot..... Hardly catastrophic judgement at fan level.

Doh (EPL-proven) & Reg (Blossoming star in Europe) should (in theory) have hit the spot..... Hardly catastrophic judgement at fan level.

I was well on board the Reguilon train & happy to admit that, but Doherty was a signing that never made sense to me at the time because we were playing in a back 4. Everything good I'd seen of him was very specifically wing back related stuff. I don't get how Jose/the club ever thought he'd make a good right back at all.

I was well on board the Reguilon train & happy to admit that, but Doherty was a signing that never made sense to me at the time because we were playing in a back 4. Everything good I'd seen of him was very specifically wing back related stuff. I don't get how Jose/the club ever thought he'd make a good right back at all.

Jose chopped and changed through all sorts of shapes at the back 3, 4, 5, wonky, flat..... Not sure there was a plan tbh, but he spoke highly enough of him the season before to assume that he was a so-called Jose-signing. Nuno followed in a similar vein and I think in hindsight Doh got a unfair rap (from myself included).... Poor bastard was scared to push fwd by the time Conte got his mitts on him.

Last edited:
Jose chopped and changed through all sorts of shapes at the back 3, 4, 5, wonky, flat..... Not sure there was a plan tbh, but he spoke highly enough of him the season before to assume that he was a so-called Jose-signing. Nuno followed in a similar vein and I think in hindsight Doh got a unfair rap (from myself included).... Poor bastard was scared to push fwd by the time Conte got his mitts on him.

Interesting side-story being that, people complained that we'd "cheaped-out" by not spending a further £21m on Castagne in addition to Doh & Reg, but he's proven to be pretty underwhelming at Lester since then.

That's not the debate, mate.

He claimed only 1 person max rated it 10/10 and falsely labelled me a liar for claiming otherwise.

Follow the thread. You've got a habit of jumping right in without thinking through what your posting

:dierpochhug:

He claimed only 1 person max rated it 10/10 and falsely labelled me a liar for claiming otherwise.

My post stands alone and had nothing to do with your convo (I'd not even read it at the time of posting)..... I'd have quoted you, if it had.

Wind your neck in.

Follow the thread. You've got a habit of jumping right in without thinking through what your posting

You mean EXACTLY like you've just done here. 💩🤡

Real angry teenager very triggered fella mate it's a shame but something must have happened to spark the rage.

Real angry teenager very triggered fella mate it's a shame but something must have happened to spark the rage.
Exactly. The only reason this thread was resurrected was because a fellow poster needed calling out for angrily, scandalously, and falsely labelling me a liar.

He's still not shown some balls and apologised 🤷‍♂️

Just a reminder of who Spurs have bought this transfer window:

Fraser Forster
Josh Keeley

Ivan Perišić
Destiny Udogie
Clément Lenglet
Cristian Romero
Djed Spence
Tyrell Ashcroft

Yves Bissouma

Richarlison
Will Lankshear

Not so easy to rate this window right now (and it's not even closed yet) because:
Udogie, is out on loan.
Forster, Spence & Lenglet have yet to play.
Romero was bought this window but joined a year ago.
Keeley, Ashcroft & Lankshear ...well, time will tell...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom