Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rating

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate our window

• 10/10

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • 09/10

Votes: 144 53.7%
  • 08/10

Votes: 78 29.1%
  • 07/10

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 06/10

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 05/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 04/10

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 03/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 02/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 01/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's quicker to say players I'd keep.
Kane,son,bale,lucas,tanguy,PEH,skipp,hugo,tanganga,sess,rodon,lo celso 1 more season,lamela,reguilon. That's not even that strong but it's the best we've got. The rest can fuck off and I genuinely mean every player I've left out.

Last edited:
I always maintained that not getting the CB means the window couldn't be more than a 7 or 8/10

Also it turns out that people like Doherty were not good signings...

I always maintained that not getting the CB means the window couldn't be more than a 7 or 8/10

Also it turns out that people like Doherty were not good signings...
I think 4 of those signings were sticking plasters, 1 of them was a Hail-Mary job, and 1 of them looked like someone we could maybe make a profit on somewhere down the line.

I have been impressed with Andersen at Fulham who looks to have a bit about him or someone like Dunk at Brighton or Mee at Burnley. Centre halves that can defend and score from set pieces.
Something we haven't had since before Daws.
Got to be better than the colander that we have now.

Bring Tanganga, Skipp, Clarke, Devine, Scarlett, Cirkin and Sessegnon through to having more responsibility, sack off Sanchez, Sissoko, Bergwijn, Winks, Vinicius, Davies and Lamela or Bale in like for like moves to free up money.

With that money as well as that made in the following, replace Aurier, hopefully Doherty, Dier and Dele with Aarons, Lamptey, Milenkovic and Sabitzer.

We need a complete attitude overhaul and if money is an issue for the love of god don’t keep the prima donnas around for a window longer than we are able to. This lot were shit under Pochettino, are shit under Mourinho, will be shit under any other manager under the sun. It’s one of Levy’S biggest balls ups is not noticing when to cut his losses, it’s set us back 5 years in him being unable to do so.

First XI next season: Lloris, Lamptey, Milenkovic, Rodon, Regulion, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sabitzer, Son, Kane

Squad depth Hart, Austen, Aarons, Tanganga, Alderweireld, Cirkin, Skipp, Devine, White, Lamela (or Bale), Sessegnon, Clarke, Scarlett, Parrott.

25 man squad sorted, not great but won’t cost the world and will finally get rid of all the shit people still don’t point fingers at. Time for the rotten ones to finally fuck off, what happened the other night was nothing short of a disgrace, let’s get some hungry youth thrown in a little more. (Maybe replace White with someone who won’t cost the earth like Sander Berge)

Only players worth a starting position next year really are Lloris, Regulion, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sonny and Harry. 7 players from a 25 man squad.... how the fuck can we still be greasing so many broken wheels?

Also, surely Foyth was better kept than flogged for the calamities we see at CB, RB and DM? All 3 positions where he’s been given a run out this season for Villarreal.

Spursidol Spursidol

26 people, actually. Or 10% of the vote

Your best imitation of Putin yet - lying for lying sake

Nobody (or may be one which I haven't seen gave the window 10 out of 10 .

You just invent stories just to try to validate your hate of the owners

Same story as when you invented lots of 'facts' to assert the stadium woud never be built with enic in charge

Hello hologram in Tottenham High Street ! And yes its a great way to remind everyone as to how accurate 'Moaner Thomas' is,

You could, of course be a man, retract your post and apologise for yet another pathetic, ungrounded slur on my character.

Are you a man, or a mouse?

In 1972, Chinese premier Zhou Enlai was asked about the impact of the French Revolution. “Too early to say,” he replied. Given that the French Revolution of 1789 had occurred nearly 200 years before, Zhou Enlai was expressing the long view of history in a very witty and Oscar Wildean way.

In 1972, Chinese premier Zhou Enlai was asked about the impact of the French Revolution. “Too early to say,” he replied. Given that the French Revolution of 1789 had occurred nearly 200 years before, Zhou Enlai was expressing the long view of history in a very witty and Oscar Wildean way.
But at the time, which is exactly what I and others were referring to.

Spursidol Spursidol

26 people, actually. Or 10% of the vote

You could, of course be a man, retract your post and apologise for yet another pathetic, ungrounded slur on my character.

Are you a man, or a mouse?

So you are rejecting that for probably 5 years or more you were posting that no stadium would ever be built under Enic ? And the 'facts' supporting your view

That's not an isolated mistake is it ?

Its a continual sustained 'mistake' ?

Yet you still repeat the same tired lines every day you post. Every thread you try to divert into some sort of debate about the owners.

That's why people are fed up with your posts - why don't you join your mate ArcSpacE wherever he is. I'm sure like minded would have a great time. And give us some piece

9. the CB position needed to be sorted for it to be a 10. like the lenglet signing but we still needed one more to come in straight away and make us not only more solid but give us more quality on the ball back there.

So you are rejecting that for probably 5 years or more you were posting that no stadium would ever be built under Enic ? And the 'facts' supporting your view

That's not an isolated mistake is it ?

Its a continual sustained 'mistake' ?

Yet you still repeat the same tired lines every day you post. Every thread you try to divert into some sort of debate about the owners.

That's why people are fed up with your posts - why don't you join your mate ArcSpacE wherever he is. I'm sure like minded would have a great time. And give us some piece
So no apology then. :disdain:

But you'll at least admit you've had your pants pulled down again claiming I was lying when I said some people rated the 2020 window 10/10?

172b1ad9299ef82e3cd790d78afd8700.gif

And I don't think I've even mentioned Daniel Levy for weeks!

So no apology then.

But you'll at least admit you dropped a howler claiming I was lying when I said some people rated the 2020 window 10/10?

Moaner - you were putting forward 'facts' to justify your lies that the stadium would never be built for about 5 years .

And if you don't think they were not lies - at least call them a continual monumental error of judgement........ as that hologram in Tottenham High Road should remind you.

Remember your catch phrase 'Not one Brick'

Maybe you should show some humility and admit your judgement is unreliable at best.

And that's why you would be better off commenting on something you understand - because its quite clear you understand nothing about Tottenham Hotspur football club. Aside from anything you make up about the owners

My bad. This was the last post I mentioned him
And to clarify once again, I think we've had a decent window so far. Still a few areas that need improving, if, as Antonio himself says, we want to be more than just top 4 contenders.
But I applaud Daniel Levy for the hard work he's done in A) appointing him and b) finally keeping hold of our best players like Kane and Sonny

:contearms:

Moaner - you were putting forward 'facts' to justify your lies that the stadium would never be built for about 5 years .

And if you don't think they were not lies - at least call them a continual monumental error of judgement........ as that hologram in Tottenham High Road should remind you.

Remember your catch phrase 'Not one Brick'

Maybe you should show some humility and admit your judgement is unreliable at best.

And that's why you would be better off commenting on something you understand - because its quite clear you understand nothing about Tottenham Hotspur football club. Aside from anything you make up about the owners
But we're talking about your pathetic slur that I was lying when I claimed some people rated the 2020 window 10/10

You fucked up mate. Jumped the gun. Made a silly fool of yourself.

Be a man and just own it for fuck sake 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom