Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rating

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate our window

• 10/10

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • 09/10

Votes: 144 53.7%
  • 08/10

Votes: 78 29.1%
  • 07/10

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 06/10

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 05/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 04/10

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 03/10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 02/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 01/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
8/10. Bale and Requilon made the window and changed the perception of where the club was going. Hojbjerg seems an unglamorous but very useful signing. Only 8 as we've failed to move some players on, we still have issues with the homegrown rule and no Jan replacement. Would have taken all this at the start of the window though.

Generous.

I'll give it a solid 6. No more, no less.

I think a lot of us are voting on the euphoria of the last few results.. The adrenaline rush taking a hold and getting to our heads. Understandable. No harm in that.
But I prefer to say it as it is, rather than pander to the crowd.

And in the cold light of day, we've failed to improve certain positions like centre back, maybe marginally improved right back, we still have Winks and Sissoko, and we've taken Burnley's 3rd choice keeper with the soapiest hands in football and promoted him to No 2.

Hojbjerg looks solid. Could be good business, and Regullion looks the stand out of the window, although the buy back clause kind of belittles us as a club in my opinion.

Bale. Most exciting thing to happen for over a decade. But it is , after all, a loan. And well done to Daniel for wrapping it up, but considering Bale said Spurs was the only English team he would consider, he couldn't really say no.

We have one of the greatest managers in the history of the game. Respect for Daniel Levy for putting him in place :adesalute:

Only time will tell wether this transfer window has given him the tools he needs to keep that record intact .

COYMFS!

6 out of 10.

Ridiculous, and shows your anti Levy agenda to a tee.

It's not a 10 out of 10 window as I agree about the CB position.

But marking down as Bale is "only a loan" is stupid. You do know we have the option to extend by a year don't you. If we do that, hell be 33 by the end of the two years and, considering his injury record and the way he plays, well past his prime. He will have lost at least some of his pace. So a loan with option to extend is very very clever business.

6 out of 10 my fucking arse.

No need to reply. Just go polish that big bald bonce of yours.

🤘

Great window. Great work by Mr. Levy who has backed Mourinho.

This window was great and we took care of some position that were really thin so next time we can just focus on getting another quality CB. Attack, midfield and fullback positions are sorted for now.

Fair point, once you reach 20m you're looking at teenage superstar money and that's something Rodon is definitely not ... 7/10/12m probably OK but 20m? I agree that would not be great value.
You'll be very lucky to get championship players that have been linked to a prem move for 7-12m these days. If we can develop him into a great talent then 20m is worth it.

Generous.

I think a lot of us are voting on the euphoria of the last few results.. The adrenaline rush taking a hold and getting to our heads. Understandable. No harm in that.

And in the cold light of day, we've failed to improve certain positions like centre back, maybe marginally improved right back, we still have Winks and Sissoko, and we've taken Burnley's 3rd choice keeper with the soapiest hands in football and promoted him to No 2.

Hojbjerg looks solid. Could be good business, and Regullion looks the stand out of the window, although the buy back clause kind of belittles us as a club in my opinion.

Bale. Most exciting thing to happen for over a decade. But it is , after all, a loan. And well done to Daniel for wrapping it up, but considering Bale said Spurs was the only English team he would consider, he couldn't really say no.

We have one of the greatest managers in the history of the game. Respect for Daniel Levy for putting him in place :adesalute:

Only time will tell wether this transfer window has given him the tools he needs to keep that record intact .

COYMFS!
I think the 'selling' part of the window is definitely a 5/10 for me - wage thieves like Rose and Sissoko are still here

Considering we were short on money and no one else seemed to have the money or inclination to buy the players we wanted to sell its pretty amazing that we have ended up with the squad we have

Generous.

COYMFS!
I wonder if the signings contributed towards the Results in the last few games, thus contributing towards the Euphoria? :harrysmile:
People seem to forget as well we have kept everyone we wanted to as well, to just give this window a 6 probably says a lot more about your agenda then it does our incomings!

9 for now.

Reguilon will be a top PL lb. Hojbjerg looks the type who'll grow with the move to a bigger club. Doherty I'm unsure about, but good to have rotation at RB. Untested backup striker, hopefully he's good. Bale could range anywhere from injury riddled expense to league winner. Moving for a well regarded Championship CB is a move I much prefer to getting in a Stones/Rudiger. And Joe Hart.

You can't judge a window until the end of the season surely?

That is my impression as well. How can you 'rate' a window a day after it shuts when it's impossible to judge whether the players will be good for us or not in the longer term?

I think you can only really cast judgement on the excitement it gives us as fans and the apparent ambition shown, rather than its success.

Question for you all:

If we sign Joe Rodon in the next 2 weeks, will it affect your score?

For me it would add +0.5 (so up to 8.5), at least if Levy negotiates a better deal than the 18m-20m reported.

Given the reaction from Swansea fans that even 18 million is far too low (and the reaction from Cardiff fans hoping we sign him) I think if we get one of the championship's best CB's for 14 mil or less it's a good investment. Most of this window has been more focused on the present (which I love), but doesn't hurt to bring in one for the future if the opportunity is right. No reason he can't be a starter in the Europa either, especially if any other CB's get injured. And according to swansea fans, Birch knows the dire financial situation Swansea are in, and may be looking to exploit that.

Same. Would add 0.5 for me too, but my score would then be 9.5 out of 10

It might be that the right decision is not to bring in players, for all sorts of reasons (though as it happens I agree with your perspective on that example).
It just seems the goal posts are constantly being moved,i honestly think we could win the league and some people would moan as we didn't go unbeaten, we could also win the EL this season and some would complain that it's not the CL, for me its a successful window already as Levy has backed his manager and he hasn't flogged any of our first team to finance that, people have short memories as i remember the days when our best players would always be a season away from playing for united

I’m a man who is hard to please so I’m gonna give it an 8/10. Skriniar would have made it a 10/10. A CB for me was a top priority, probably 3rd or 4th on the priority list for this window. Very surprised we didn’t get that deal over the line.

On the plus side we’ve finally addressed our back-up striker. We’ve gone and upgraded both our FB positions which was one of the top priorities. This seems to have had the added bonus of lifting Aurier’s performances awho seems up for the fight for his position. Hojbjerg looks like a great bit of business and then you have Bale, although probably wasn’t a priority position for us, he is the one that’s got us all buzzing and our first marquee signing for many a year.

Keeping Dele and Aurier also represents good business. The only sour point on outgoings is still having Rose on the books.

Looking forwards to future windows it’s clear now where our focus lies. A CB must be the priority and as Jose likes to play with two more defensive CM’s an upgrade on Sissoko and Winks is priority number two.

The squad is 90% done for me which is really positive

Main thing is competition. Aurier performing well cannot be a surprise when we now have Doherty, Davies will you his game as well. Being able to rest Kane will be a big blessing as the season drags on.

Back
Top Bottom