Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did try and beat up a Palace supporter though.

How can that be held against him in any way?

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Remove Ndombele and put someone who gives a fuck in his place then you might be onto something.

Until such time that Ndombele pulls him thumb out or further squad surgery is done; I'd run wth:

Gio / Skipp / PEH
Bench: Dele / John

If nothing else, there's plenty of industry there and all three can play a bit of ball.....

Last edited:
Ndombele ain’t doing shit here mate
Let’s hope he gets a chance - we’ve nothing to lose. Give him 20 games, 90 mins and then decide. Absolutely no point playing any of the low bar wastemen ahead of him. He’s the only midfielder with the potential to play at the top table, if he shits the bed for a third season so be it.

Let’s hope he gets a chance - we’ve nothing to lose. Give him 20 games, 90 mins and then decide. Absolutely no point playing any of the low bar wastemen ahead of him. He’s the only midfielder with the potential to play at the top table, if he shits the bed for a third season so be it.
He had two damn years already. No manager likes him. Nuno sent him to the dog house already and he’s been here for a month. The guy work ethic must be absolutely zero. We must sign midfielders.

I think not. Ferguson sorted out Cantona who was far more of a rebel than Gascoigne. Gascoigne was just daft.
Sad waste of a player. Would definitely have become. the best playerin the world .
Cantona for sure was not an easy player/person to deal with, but his case was very different than Gazza's. Cantona was confrontative and had a strong personality but also mature and had the insight to understand the importance of discipline and thus he could be harnessed .... while Gazza was immature, childish, and indisciplined. Gazza rebelled just for the sake of rebelling while Cantona needed a cause.
Just look at their lives after their careers...
But, yes, what a player Gazza was!

This is new.

Braithwaite would probably be an okay backup option to be honest. Hard worker that is willing to do the dirtywork.

Could do better, could do worse.

Smart of Levy: he used Vlahovic, Martinez and Messi as decoys to sign ...Braithwaite! No-one saw that one coming! No ITK, no Fabiano, no other clubs, no-one saw that coming! Not even Nuno 😁

Last edited:
You're one of these grumpy gits that can't cope with little old Chelsea being in our shadow pre 1990s are now blowing us out of of water, regularly.

They'd already over taken us by the late 90s.
Yes they're financially doped to the eyeballs. They weren't "cheating" when it started however. There was nothing in the rules that said it couldn't happen and it had already happened. Blackburn and Newcastle had a go with some success.

I maintain that had Chelsea not come along back in 2003 and really blew Man United out of the water, we'd still have a 1 team premier league today. United would be the Premier League equivalent of Bayern Munich. Pillage their nearest rivals every year with money no one else can ever earn because they are nowhere near able to compete.

So dirty money? Yes.
But it made the league more interesting.
Well, if the doping hadn't happened, it would probably be a 4-team premier league today: Manure, Woolwich, Pool, and us. Woolwich, Pool, and us being clubs that grew organically. Chelsea and City might also be thereabouts, but probably in Everton territory.

Until such time the Ndombele pulls him thumb out or further squad surgery is done; I'd run wth:

Gio / Skipp / PEH
Bench: Dele / John

If nothing else, there's plenty of industry there and all three can play a bit of ball.....

I don’t like the options behind Skipp/PEH if they get injured/tired so would like to bring in someone to rotate with them but that does look like the best option we have now.

I'm all for this. Find out once and for all. He's not had a good Spurs career but let's be serious, he started under a broken Poch. Was struggling in England, got the Mourinho treatment of being thrown under a bus, showed to signs of improvement then the whole team went to shit. He has so much ability with a ball at his feet I feel like we need to see if a nice guy like Nuno can get a song out of him.

He had two damn years already. No manager likes him. Nuno sent him to the dog house already and he’s been here for a month. The guy work ethic must be absolutely zero. We must sign midfielders.

He hasn't really had 2 years. He was excluded for at least half that for various reasons. The world hasn't been normal since he signed.

I also don't see so many people clambering for GLC to be moved on who has hardly set the Premier league alight since joining at the same time.

Im a big Ndombele fan, think he has heaps of talent and was worth the transfer fee (atleast at the time).

I do think it’s time we moved him on if possible though as it’s been 2 years now and multiple managers appear to have come to the same conclusion.

What’s frustrating is he could be a world beater if he could sort his fitness/hunger to succeed out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom