Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a separate thread for SC ITK tweets.
Made one for ya
angry GIF by CBBC

Twice I've had to say this now, I'm NOT grumpy or pissed off. I am at a loss as to why Spurs fans are sucking the shlong of Abramovoic though!!!

I'm ONLY and have ONLY rebuffed the notion that as the other poster specifically said that they've been brilliant because they have a "winning formula". That's absolute bollocks, the formula is they have one person (their owner) spunk the largest sum of money ever (£1.7b) into the Club as an interest-free loan, that will almost certainly never be repaid. That's it. There's nothing clever with what they've done, the club hasn't built an academy that feeds their first 11 with Talent, they hire the same managers as us, go after the same players as us, have the same DoF as us. They've not disrupted the game because they've created something sensational, they've just spunked £1.7b they have never ever earned.

Yet you and the other guy seem to be pushing back on this every time. Why?

IMO it's not more interesting since Chavs came along. It's been a closed shop between Chavs, Utd., Woolwich and now latterly City. This closed shop has come about because of the PL, prior to the PL, the First Division was far more movement from year to year (with the obvious exception of Liverpool dominance of the 70's/80's). Utd, Spurs, Villa, Forrest all getting relegated, with 2 of those teams winning the League and European Cup.

Since the formation of the PL there have only been 7 winners in the past 29yrs with only 2 coming from clubs outside the big 6 (Blackburn 26yrs ago! & Leicester a freak 5000-1!). Prior to the PL there were 15 clubs that had won in the last 34yrs of the old First Div, with 8 of those Clubs not from today's big 6!

I also don't see any drastic change to the top 6 either (City, Man U, Chavs, Liverpool, Spurs, Woolwich) in the years to come as still these clubs dominate the revenue of the other sides and are structured to maintain this hold. But within this small band of Clubs at the upper scale, there is Utd richest Club in the World, City 2nd most dopped Club in the World & will be in richest 3rd in the world if you calculate City Group as a whole, Chavs most doped club in the World, LFC 4th largest fanbase in the World, these revenues dwarf ours and Woolwich (2nd most supported club in the Wolrd), making 50% of the elite England clubs dopped clubs.
Woolwich? Second best supported in the world? WTAF

where’s the money gonna come from? Would be great to keep Kane and sign both but can’t see it happening. Even with selling some deadwood.

maybe I’m wrong?
Or maybe it's just a ploy to drive his value up. It's one thing if a team is interested in your star player and he wants to stay and a different proposition if he wants to leave. Would take more money to pry him loose, if the former.

EDIT: yeah yeah, I know, they will probably know if he wants to stay or go regardless.

Whats the deal with Martinez, did we bid for him?

My brothers m8 is a season ticket holder at Inter Milan and he reckons he's a brilliant player, genuinely 2 footed, etc. Reckons the Inter fans would be gutted if he left,

I'm all for this. Find out once and for all. He's not had a good Spurs career but let's be serious, he started under a broken Poch. Was struggling in England, got the Mourinho treatment of being thrown under a bus, showed to signs of improvement then the whole team went to shit. He has so much ability with a ball at his feet I feel like we need to see if a nice guy like Nuno can get a song out of him.

He hasn't really had 2 years. He was excluded for at least half that for various reasons. The world hasn't been normal since he signed.

I also don't see so many people clambering for GLC to be moved on who has hardly set the Premier league alight since joining at the same time.
Gio puts in a shift.

Romano said: “If, maybe, Tottenham and Manchester City are doing the Kane deal, Gabriel Jesus has always been one of the players offered from Manchester City.
“They also offered Laporte, but Tottenham said no to both players. Let’s see what happens in the coming days”
I doubt they said no to the players, they'd have said no to the offer as a whole.

Bin off Jesus, up the money and include Laporte, I reckon negotiations might start then.

This lad is very good from the bits I've seen of him.

I confess I've not seen enough of him to fully commit with a full endorsement on his ability but have read loads about him, which has all been very positive but every time I've seen him he's been a standout. Very rapid too.
I was up for buying him when Watford got relegated. I reckon he has a very high development ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom