Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why we didn’t go for some of the players we had been previously linked with seeing how much they cost:

- Ings for 30 million pounds was a steal imo. But seeing our squad now, I guess Paratici wanted someone younger.
- Sabitzer just went to Bayern for 15 million euro which is a bargain. Less than what we initially offered for Tomiyasu.
- Kim Min Jae went to Fenerbahce for 3 million euro and is already regarded as one of the league’s top defenders. Wouldn’t mind him later if he proves there.
- Not sure if we were officially linked with Boateng before. He was free, but I guess his age just didn’t meet Paratici’s requirements.

I'm not an apologist for Jose. I'm just pointing out that what he h8ad to work with was not really acceptable and the quality of the squad has been declining for years. We're now turning that around. Which is a good thing.

He signed Hart.
He presumably gave Toby's new contract the thumbs up.
He also added to the issue by signing Doherty.

......But yes; the refresh is welcome.

For the

No, we have an option.

I've said it and linked to the story with every single major news outlet previously.
Option, not obligation.
What I do believe is that Atalanta can't stop us making it permanent and the intention of option over obligation is to send him back if he had a serious injury.
That reporting is wrong, it’s an obligation. At least according to both Fabrizio Romano and Alasdair Gold.

Gollini is the only one with an option.

No, the PL and EFL windows have now closed.

Last year the EFL one closed later (I think?), meaning clubs in the EFL could take players from the PL but not the other way round.
Spursidol Spursidol .

I thought we could still loan players to the EFL but not vice versa?

Rules are very poorly publicised, but my understanding is there is a 'domestic' transfer window allowing loans from PL to EFL clubs, which might be open until 6 October.

Rules are very poorly publicised, but my understanding is there is a 'domestic' transfer window allowing loans from PL to EFL clubs, which might be open until 6 October.
I think you may well be right because we have a lot of academy guys who need loans and if the deadline was yesterday deals would surely have been done by then.
Unless Nuno is gonna play loads of kids in the ECL??

I hated the football under Mourinho, but this guy makes a good point. Our squad has had big problems in it for years. I'm glad we're finally addressing them
I agree about the football and it is a good point. Makes you feel like throwing him under the bus to distract from the ESL was almost unfair. Unless it was all his idea and the only reason he would come was if we were going to be 'London Spurs' and buy him a new squad every season...

:tanguyhuh:

So many cried for Jose to leave. Conte turned us down cause he saw the shitshow approaching. Now we left with Jose 2.0 and pretty much the same players.

It's the third coach with these players. Each one of them started brilliantly. Two of them hit a wall, because there was no reasonable backup for what got us to the top in the first place.

Third time Lucky? I wouldn't bet my money on it. We started off, 'Just Leicester to beat, this league is ours'. Then, 'We making Top 4, Yes, we'll be playing in the Champions League. Now it's, 'We have a Good chance of winning the Conference League."

Spot the 💩.

So many cried for Jose to leave. Conte turned us down cause he saw the shitshow approaching. Now we left with Jose 2.0 and pretty much the same players.

It's the third coach with these players. Each one of them started brilliantly. Two of them hit a wall, because there was no reasonable backup for what got us to the top in the first place.

Third time Lucky? I wouldn't bet my money on it. We started off, 'Just Leicester to beat, this league is ours'. Then, 'We making Top 4, Yes, we'll be playing in the Champions League. Now it's, 'We have a Good chance of winning the Conference League."

Spot the 💩.

Hoping Nuno refrains from using as many of the remaining deadwood players as possible. Can drop one of the 2 CB donkies in favour of Romero. No need to use Winks. Aurier gone. No need to use Doherty.

Thanks everyone. This table is pretty much what I was looking for (10 players in, 15 out):

...and this one, that puts names to our numbers:

It's nice to see an overview of who's left and who's arrived, all in one (or two) places.

I still think Romero's 50m should be included in that figure in real terms - as all we've done is delayed the payment - and most purchases by all clubs are paid in instalments anyway. The point being we've effectively committed to purchase the guy this summer. That would give us an 80m net spend.

I guess it will show up in next summer's figures, so will even itself out. but in reality it's a purchase commitment made this summer.

Not sure why we didn’t go for some of the players we had been previously linked with seeing how much they cost:

- Ings for 30 million pounds was a steal imo. But seeing our squad now, I guess Paratici wanted someone younger.
- Sabitzer just went to Bayern for 15 million euro which is a bargain. Less than what we initially offered for Tomiyasu.
- Kim Min Jae went to Fenerbahce for 3 million euro and is already regarded as one of the league’s top defenders. Wouldn’t mind him later if he proves there.
- Not sure if we were officially linked with Boateng before. He was free, but I guess his age just didn’t meet Paratici’s requirements.
Sabitzer was heavily linked with Spurs before transfer window and eartly weeks, but once Bayern showed an interest player only had eyes for Bayern - mind you they had problems in finding money and creating space in their squad, so it was only in last few days of window the deal went through.

Spurs ideally would definitely have liked someone youger and less injury prone (historically) than Ings - but equally Ings was not to keen to sit on the nbench to watch Kane playing. So not sure how likely that deal ever was.

Why won't people read the words....!

Why aren't you reading ALL the words....???

Romano's tweet is contradictory.... Presumably bad English.

Gold's claims both clubs say different things.

Conclusion = It's not clear if it an option or an obligation.

Even if it does turn out to be an option that can only be a good thing so just forget about it and move on, FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom