Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that as the deal is fixed. IE price, contract the lot.
I don’t think that’s a correct intepretation.

The club described Lo Celso and Gollini as loans, they did not describe Romero and Emerson as loans.

And we know Paratici was an innovator in the “obligation to buy” space at Juve, I think it’s fair to infer that.

I don’t think that’s a correct intepretation.

The club described Lo Celso and Gollini as loans, they did not describe Romero and Emerson as loans.

And we know Paratici was an innovator in the “obligation to buy” space at Juve, I think it’s fair to infer that.
Emerson isn't a loan?
And I don't see why you would "infer" anything when the words are written, every where, by everyone.

just how close is actually being top of the league (to being top 4) then? Is it Europe League close?
Europa Conference close?
relegation?

I thought being top of the league was seriously close to being in the top 4

Top of the league after 3 weeks is not really very close to being top 4 or in the CL at the end of the year.

But if you think we should be making judgements on the team solely on the first 3 weeks of the season and not based on the past as well go ahead.

I am sure the table is always the same after 38 weeks as it is after 3.

We were a top 4, CL finalist side we are not close to that now.

The point is Chelsea can afford to act a certain way in the transfer market because their squad does not require the massive improvements that we do.
It did last Summer, to the tune of over £250M pounds.

And it's there where I really feel we've missed the boat. We could, and IMO should, have made that kind of investment whilst the market was ripe for it.

So whilst I think the buys we've made have been good buys, I'm disappointed in this window because just a couple more high end acquisitions would have put us in a stronger position to challenge for top 4 now and other trophies.

Again, I draw your attention to the THFC official website.

No mention whatsoever of contract length anywhere in the announcement.

On the other hand.

Royal - 2nd paragraph

Gil - 2nd paragraph

Ok fair do’s but nowhere there does it say loan either? It’s all a bit vague isn’t it.

I’d rather it wasn’t an obligation, in case he turns out to be shit, but I’m pretty sure we are committed to this one in the same way we were with GLC.

Ok fair do’s but nowhere there does it say loan either? It’s all a bit vague isn’t it.

I’d rather it wasn’t an obligation, in case he turns out to be shit, but I’m pretty sure we are committed to this one in the same way we were with GLC.
Whenever I see GLC I read it as Goldie Lookin' Chain...

Anyway... hope Romero is a success and we have an obligation to buy him!! Sounds like he could be a really good player!

If we were willing to terminate his contract, I would hazard a guess any kind of fee would have been accepted? You don't go from "we wont take less than £20m" down to a free transfer. We must have been willing to accept almost any bid.

I just think, and I said this before the signing occurred, we were never going to allow 4 RB's in the squad and on the payroll. Emerson completed his medical very early on yesterday, but didn't sign until the evening. I would guess that we spent that time desperately trying to get Aurier out and the final solution was to terminate the contract.

It'll either be a lump sum pay off, a fraction of his annual salary, or we agree to pay him until he finds a new club. We just never would have had 4 senior RB's in the squad.
Yeah, & obviously having Doherty sit on the bench is no trouble. Where as aurier brings some attitude so he was the sensible one to get rid of. Yeah aurier would have come out of this with a decent wedge! I think he knew he had all the power so he stayed so we had to give him a big pay off.
Probably in hindsight should have sold him last summer when there was a bit of interest in him.

We were a top 4, CL finalist side we are not close to that now.

The point is Chelsea can afford to act a certain way in the transfer market because their squad does not require the massive improvements that we do.
Some people will never get buying from a position of strength compared to where we are at. We clearly need a lot more than Chelsea. They regularly win things, we don’t. They are a team who wins things, we aren’t.

The fiasco over Mbappé should show the world now how PSG's owners care little for any financial fair play. The charade is over. Money has no meaning to them. World club football will now become a battle between Qatar and UAE - two royal families who hate each other. Chelsea also with their Russian oligarch owner are also part of the corruption. PSG, City and Chelsea's ridiculously corrupt spending is putting the whole of football in danger of killing itself. Truly big teams like Real Madrid, Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern Munich cannot compete. We have all sat here cursing the Spurs owners because we will not be drawn into paying fees which are completely over the top. We offered £30 million for Traore but no, that is not enough! We have to spend £50 million to get him! He is really worth about £20 million at the most. His value is plainly being measured by other completely over-the-top fees like £100 million for Grealish! He is good but just not worth that much! And the players are also to blame. Grubby little cunts like Mbappé have egos so large that they actively let their agents seek these stupid fees. You just know the big headed shit desperately wanted to be known as the most expensive player ever. As for Kane, well I'm glad he is still with us but he has gone down in my estimation as he was actively trying to jump on the money-go-round to appease his ego. Trophies? Bollocks, he wanted the money!

The fiasco over Mbappé should show the world now how PSG's owners care little for any financial fair play. The charade is over. Money has no meaning to them. World club football will now become a battle between Qatar and UAE - two royal families who hate each other. Chelsea also with their Russian oligarch owner are also part of the corruption. PSG, City and Chelsea's ridiculously corrupt spending is putting the whole of football in danger of killing itself. Truly big teams like Real Madrid, Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern Munich cannot compete. We have all sat here cursing the Spurs owners because we will not be drawn into paying fees which are completely over the top. We offered £30 million for Traore but no, that is not enough! We have to spend £50 million to get him! He is really worth about £20 million at the most. His value is plainly being measured by other completely over-the-top fees like £100 million for Grealish! He is good but just not worth that much! And the players are also to blame. Grubby little cunts like Mbappé have egos so large that they actively let their agents seek these stupid fees. You just know the big headed shit desperately wanted to be known as the most expensive player ever. As for Kane, well I'm glad he is still with us but he has gone down in my estimation as he was actively trying to jump on the money-go-round to appease his ego. Trophies? Bollocks, he wanted the money!

Which is why I personally am sick and tired of ENICs "ambition" as their BS explanation for ticket and merc pricing.

The fiasco over Mbappé should show the world now how PSG's owners care little for any financial fair play. The charade is over. Money has no meaning to them.
Sky Sports: Spurs have to sell Kane for a big fee, but PSG doesn’t have to sell Mbappe.

This guy: PSG has to sell Mbappe for a big fee, but Spurs don’t have to sell Kane

Me to both:
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom