Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports: Spurs have to sell Kane for a big fee, but PSG doesn’t have to sell Mbappe.

This guy: PSG has to sell Mbappe for a big fee, but Spurs don’t have to sell Kane

Me to both:
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I thought they wanted us to sell him for any fee!

The fiasco over Mbappé should show the world now how PSG's owners care little for any financial fair play. The charade is over. Money has no meaning to them. World club football will now become a battle between Qatar and UAE - two royal families who hate each other. Chelsea also with their Russian oligarch owner are also part of the corruption. PSG, City and Chelsea's ridiculously corrupt spending is putting the whole of football in danger of killing itself. Truly big teams like Real Madrid, Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern Munich cannot compete. We have all sat here cursing the Spurs owners because we will not be drawn into paying fees which are completely over the top. We offered £30 million for Traore but no, that is not enough! We have to spend £50 million to get him! He is really worth about £20 million at the most. His value is plainly being measured by other completely over-the-top fees like £100 million for Grealish! He is good but just not worth that much!

Big thumbs up for this entire first half of your post.....

"Fuck 180m we're happy to lose him on a free next year" is yet another financial watershed moment courtesy of this plastic shit-show..... Just like when they paid 230m for Neymar..... Just like wheh they spunked another 200m on Mbappe a week later in the same window.

Hands down the most soulless cunt of a club on earth.

Top of the league after 3 weeks is not really very close to being top 4 or in the CL at the end of the year.

But if you think we should be making judgements on the team solely on the first 3 weeks of the season and not based on the past as well go ahead.

I am sure the table is always the same after 38 weeks as it is after 3.
We know that the club will not be in the top four come may but top 6th or 7th is where we should be based on where we are at ambition, spend and squad.

Probably time to close this up and move on ,

Before we do though.....

Would anyone who swore (repeatedly) that we would sell Kane on deadline day whilst not replacing him care to admit they were absolutely wrong?

:sonhmm:

Last edited:
Big thumbs up for this entire first half of your post.....

"Fuck 180m we're happy to lose him on a free next year" is yet another financial watershed moment courtesy of this plastic shit-show..... Just like when they paid 230m for Neymar..... Just like wheh they spunked another 200m on Mbappe a week later in the same window.

Hands down the most soulless cunt of a club on earth.
The reverse is also true, Madrid who plead poverty to create a breakaway league offering 180m to get a player a year early to prove they are still a big team.

Sky Sports: Spurs have to sell Kane for a big fee, but PSG doesn’t have to sell Mbappe.

This guy: PSG has to sell Mbappe for a big fee, but Spurs don’t have to sell Kane

Me to both:
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

You have a curious habbit of badly equating 2 significantly differing scenarios together when it comes to defending the ethics and operations of the petro clubs vs Spurs.

You think PSG/Mbappe and Kane/Spurs are mirroring scenarios??? .....Really???.

The reverse is also true, Madrid who plead poverty to create a breakaway league offering 180m to get a player a year early to prove they are still a big team.

.......Or they're just further risking financial ruin trying to keep up?

.....Already did this by paying 100m for Hazard.

Too dumb to learn lessons from FCB clearly.

.......Or they're just further risking financial ruin trying to keep up?

.....Already did this by paying 100m for Hazard.

Too dumb to learn lessons from FCB clearly.
Too dumb to learn from themselves saying that they are skint and organising a breakaway league. Offering the 180m is as bad as not accepting it.

Top of the league after 3 weeks is not really very close to being top 4 or in the CL at the end of the year.

But if you think we should be making judgements on the team solely on the first 3 weeks of the season and not based on the past as well go ahead.

I am sure the table is always the same after 38 weeks as it is after 3.
no - I'm an adult who has been watching football since the late 60's

the only thing I'm judging here is you.

Spoiler
You don't come out of it too well.

Too dumb to learn from themselves saying that they are skint and organising a breakaway league.
Offering the 180m is as bad as not accepting it.

Make no mistake; the only reason PSG weren't on-board with the ESL is because of Qatar being in bed with FIFA over the WC...... Same as Munich albeit different reasons. Commercially and profile wise; Ligue Un and the Bundesliga ain't worth shit to them by comparison.

I think FCB & RM have been operating on fear and desperation.... Hence the poor logic and ham-fisted explanations behind such actions and transfer dealings. Desperation to cling to a status that they likely won't win back...... Even in the advent of an ESL there'd still be a financial pecking order that they'd struggle to keep up with.

I confess I’m not really sure what the complaint about Mbappe is.

No suprise here.....

Financial doping, sports-washing, immoral regimes, blood money yadda yadda yadda.

"Fuck 180m we're happy to lose him on a free next year" - The above being the only reason a no-mark club like PSG can afford to make such sacrifices that are beyond any other club (bar 1!) in the game.

.........I accept your mind is not for changing; but for you to once again just shrug your shoulders and equate such goings on to Spurs, leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.

Last edited:
Probably time to close this up and move on , got January to look forward too :levystare:
Imagine if you were allowed transfers anytime
We know that the club will not be in the top four come may but top 6th or 7th is where we should be based on where we are at ambition, spend and squad.
yep. 5th very good, 6th good, 7th ok, 8th bad. That’s probably levys targets for nuno. Below 8th & he probably pulls the trigger on nuno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom