Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be nothing short of amazing. Carney Chukwuemeka is one of the most exciting young English players and I guess it’s only Bellingham bettering him at that age. Imagine a good version of Dele, then you get Carney. I’ve only seen him as an 8 for Villas youth but the little cameo he got against us, in the second last game of the season, he played more advanced. Managed to hit the post even though he didn’t come on until the 89th min. Straight swap for Winks and I think the Villa fans can feel hard done by

Its the Villa players older brother who is a 19 year old versatile forward at Northampton, often plays as LW.

Would make a lot of sense as Spurs youth weakest position is AM's - only 2 or 3 good ones (but still to see whether they are top class). David Pleat is supposed to be driving the deal through - and he's possibly the best youth scout we've ever had ?

Levy would have been lynched for selling Eriksen. he was a wonderful payer for us and we back to being deemed a "selling club" where "Levy only cares about money" Levy clearly didn't want to lose Eriksen and we fans were the same.

Agree, and that in a sense was a problem

But biggest problem was Spurs semed incapable of buying promising talent (like Eriksen from Ajax) - and switched to buying 'ready made' players (sissoko, Aurier) who were those who never improved !

He wants to go and I think it is time, but I will be very sad to see Toby go. He was maybe the most consistently quality player I have ever seen at Spurs and always a professional. We were very spoiled with the Toby and Jan combo all that time.

The Qatar link is very odd. I always figured it was back to Belgium for him.

Its the Villa players older brother who is a 19 year old versatile forward at Northampton, often plays as LW.

Would make a lot of sense as Spurs youth weakest position is AM's - only 2 or 3 good ones (but still to see whether they are top class). David Pleat is supposed to be driving the deal through - and he's possibly the best youth scout we've ever had ?

Well that’s just disappointing…without knowing anything about Caleb

Regarding Kane, if he stays another year, how much will we lose then?

Contract run down more.... maybe lose £50m. Which would mean we're effectively losing £1m per week.

So unless he signs a new contract...... be as well selling now.

But if his goals helps us to a CL place in the top four, or a cup success? Then he might just stay?

Works both ways, unless you are an eternal mop thy brow, told you so, pessimist that delights in bad news giving.

I bet you have tried to book a post lock down cruise with the wife and kids on the Titanic?

Levy would have been lynched for selling Eriksen. he was a wonderful payer for us and we back to being deemed a "selling club" where "Levy only cares about money" Levy clearly didn't want to lose Eriksen and we fans were the same.
If we sold Eriksen and signed VVD or similar quality then no-one would have lynched him

I am have no issue with most of our defenders being shipped out on the proviso we get 2 decent CB’s. Romerio and someone else along with a RB.

Toby is good but clearly has been on the way down, Sanchez hasn’t lived up to his billing and, Dier isn’t good enough, Aurier is going and If we replace them I have no issue with Davies and Doherty being shipped out.

I cant' see Davies or Doherty being sold.

Both are solid defenders, and will likely be used (especially Doherty) but if not both will figure in early stages of the three cup competitions we will be in.

I cant' see Davies or Doherty being sold.

Both are solid defenders, and will likely be used (especially Doherty) but if not both will figure in early stages of the three cup competitions we will be in.
Doherty solid? Not saying he’s a bad player, he can clearly do bits in the final third but he looked anything but a solid defender. Are you mad?

Igula Igula Any tips on what I should change Matt1882 's avatar to?

I was thinking perhaps a I <3 Levy sign; but that may be too harsh as he'd be inundated by at least 50 abusive messages a day by ArcspacE ArcspacE

I do not know the poster so I do not really know what would be a good avatar to annoy him.

I like the Levy idea as any Spurs fan should hate having that and it brings more focus on how terrible Levy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom