Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree. There seems to be an awful lot of expectation management going on. Look at our bench yesterday. 4 kids who will probably be out on loan next season. We only had 5 injuries and 1 of those was Tanganga. How does that squad push the top 3, play champions league football, with 5 subs next season and a world cup slapped in the middle?
They won't all be superstars. Watch any Inter game from 20/21 and at around 62mins there's a good chance you'll see Conte make a triple sub to change the pace of a game. He won't be our coach next season if we don't give him that over the summer.

Champions League football, a front three to match any in Europe and a truly elite manager.

Levy simply has to give Conte and Paratici the green light for serious investment this summer. We cannot make the mistake we made a few seasons back when we failed to invest for two transfer windows. It's largely why we slipped for the past three seasons.

This is a golden opportunity. A quality RWB and LWB would allow us to execute proper Conteball. But the addition of a LCB, a more creative minded CM and an improvement on Bergwijn or Lucas (whoever leaves) would turn us into a frighteningly good side.

All very true.

And I would want to add that THE TIME IS NOW !!!

These situations do not last forever -
- Conte's contract runs until end of next season - if we want to even dream about him prolonging it, we NEED to keep him happy. And we need to give him tools.
- Son is soon 30; Kane soon 29; Lloris 35 and has played >400 games for us. They will not stay forever. Both Son and Kane are at peak of their abilities. This is limited time offer.
- Newcastle is raising force - soon we have to consider them as one significant competitor ; ManU will get a new manager and spend fortunes once more; Chelsea might see some turbulence with change in ownership
- We already have made part of the calculation - with 2 windows we moved on 13 players out of whom 10 were playing for us last season in Hart, Alderweireld, Sissoko, Ndombele, Alli, Lamela, Lo Celso, Aurier, Bale, Vinicius - we have made room. We need to find permanent solutions to Ndombele and Lo Celso situation, but while moving on 10 players we have added only 4 (Romero, Royal, Benta, Kulu). So there is room AND need for depth if we play in multiple levels

So once more THE TIME IS NOW. Chance is here, let's fucking take it now!
Let's not let it slip.

No chance he gets that. Does the number of players increase every month or maybe the journos are just making things up.
Considering how many we will let go, maybe it's possible. All rumours point towards Conte getting backed like no manager in Tottenham's history under ENIC.

Considering how many we will let go, maybe it's possible. All rumours point towards Conte getting backed like no manager in Tottenham's history under ENIC.

Let's wait and see. I suspect they will give him what he wants or what's the point?

I'm not in a huge rush this window to get players in at the start either. I want the right players, not just any ones. If it takes till August thats what has to happen. Season starts on the 6th though so we will need some in early doors but I suspect the majority of deal will still happen towards the end of the window.

1 x GK
1 x LWB
1 x RWB
1 x CB
1 x CM
1 x Attacking forward/winger
1 x ST

That’s very reasonable. I wouldn’t be surprised with 2 CM’s if Conte wants to revert to his traditional system 352, he can’t really do it with us at the moment but if he had Skipp, Bentancur, Hojbjerg and 2 more he would have the depth to use that system. Be interesting to see if he tries to retain 343 or uses his original 352.

As much as I think we’d benefit from having Eriksen, I really don’t like the idea of him leaving when things were going downhill and just parachuting back in when we are on the rise again. It doesn’t set a good example/precedent for future players and generations. Loyalty, grit and putting the badge first should be rewarded.

It’s Summer transfer time lads.

Arise Hercules!!!!

will ferrell anchorman GIF

Where would you play Eriksen? Conte rarely deploys ACM. Yes, there wasn't any at Spurs - apart from Ndombele & Lo Celso both of whom he loaned out - who fits that description but I doubt he'll change his formation to fit in Eriksen.
Eriksen sure helped Brentford improve as a team but they weren't performing badly even before he arrived, so saying he carried Brentford is stretching it...
He's not built for a MF-2, and he doesn't oust Son, Kane or Kulusevski for the attacking spots. And with the coming WC coming up he wants to play regular 1st football to make sure he gets into the Danish squad.
I am not against signing him up but I am not that bothered about getting him either. And he was rather "uninspired" in his last season at Spurs when he had his sight set on leaving long before the season ended.

Well, I kind of think that Conte might have a way to use him.
Given that, well, he did use him at Inter. In total 60 matches and 2800 minutes across 1,5 seasons.
Mainly as central midfielder. He does not have to be CAM.

I think that Conte saw that in this season we were outplayed in midfield in some games.
And that it could be possible to use same 3 CB + WB system in bit different way.

I could for example totally see us playing

--Eriksen---Bentancur---
------------Skipp----------

Trio behind Kane and Son. That would take some play-making obligation from Kane and would let us use him in most efficient way.
Also in terms of attacking/finishing quality - there is massive gap between Kane+Son and all others.
Kulu could also play instead of Eriksen in this lineup.

Just at times I feel we need 3 CMs not to be overrun. I even believe Conte would have been interested in something like this if we had more options this season. But if you have Winks as only CM to bring from the bench... it aint happening.

Lots of positive noises coming out of the club mouthpieces right now isn't there. Fingers and everything crossed that the club follow through. If they can't do it now in these circumstances, then it truly is never going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom