Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

It would be probably £20m now and the rest over the 5 year contract so has no impact on the £100m
If they take Winks it's even less significant
If you are going to value transfers like this, then transfers in the past few years would also have leftover principle that would need to be covered by payments this year (which would impact the 100m).

In other words, You can’t say no biggie it’s only 20m upfront and only count 20m against the budget but not count installments due from previous years’ transfers.

If you are going to value transfers like this, then transfers in the past few years would also have leftover principle that would need to be covered by payments this year (which would impact the 100m).

In other words, You can’t say no biggie it’s only 20m upfront and only count 20m against the budget but not count installments due from previous years’ transfers.

I've literally been saying this for the whole day,
We wouldn't have drawn this £100m out to go and blow on players this window. Business just isn't done that way.

I thought that for FFP purposes the full transfer value is attributed to the year in which a player is sold .

Eg Everton but Richarlison for 40m on 5 year contract.

3 years in theres 16m left on book value for accounting purposes.

However for FFP the full 40m loss was applied at the time he was bought and balanced (or not) by whatever other sales and purchases were made that season.

That is to say there is a difference between the definition of profit and loss for general accounting purposes and FFP.

Is that not correct?

FFP rules keep changing. But if you look at the slides below from Swiss Ramble this morning you will note an adjustment for 'Profit on Sale of Players'

That implies to me that the full cost of players is not deducted in year 1, otherwise the adjustment for 'Profit on Sale of Players' would make little sense.

So the Gordon link was a whole load of bullshit from two SSN reporters. Wankers, surely they've got better things to do with their time than just make up nonsense.

Why should they change the habits of a lifetime

Their Ad sales peak is at Transfer Window time so the more stories they can make up discover the better off Sky is and that may pay bigger staff bonuses !

would everton even agree installments for him considering their financial plight
Typically clubs would agree on a lower price for straight cash and installments would just mean a higher total price. Similar to interest on a mortgage or any loan (well this doesn’t work cause an intermediary supplies the loan). But think like a furniture company that is offering financing.

So if Everton is desperate for money now, 40m straight cash might be preferred to 50m paid equally over 4 years… especially with the recent inflation concerns (because the time value of a specific amount of money decreases over time due to assumed inflation). So for example, assuming 5% inflation each year over 5 years, getting 40m now is equivalent to getting 51.05m in 5 years. So for even installments, it would be somewhere in the middle and a proper value would be around 45m.

Imagine if Levy lost all 3 of his biggest ever signings for nothing.
e-mail GIF by Scott Gelber

Do you think anyone in their right minds will buy Ndombele off us? Lamela was part of the Gill deal but he can't have been worth much in that deal. David Bentley was a record signing or close enough iirc and we couldn't sell him. Shit happens.

With Paratici playing the field each window, why are there not more rumors around Torres? Is he not 3rd choice anymore, after Bastoni and Gvardiol?

Which brings up LoCelso and his future. Are we waiting for Atletico’s interest to drive up his value to help with a possible reduction in price for Torres in a swap deal?

Curious why this scenario has gone so quiet in the media.

Do you think anyone in their right minds will buy Ndombele off us? Lamela was part of the Gill deal but he can't have been worth much in that deal. David Bentley was a record signing or close enough iirc and we couldn't sell him. Shit happens.
Selling Ndombele would also mean a massive loss on player transfers as our accounting books have him as an asset that is way higher than we could sell him for. So we’d be selling the asset for a loss.

This would be a problem if we were close to not meeting FFP. But we are well within FFP limits, so it shouldn’t matter for shit.

Getting someone to buy him on the other hand..

With Paratici playing the field each window, why are there not more rumors around Torres? Is he not 3rd choice anymore, after Bastoni and Gvardiol?

Which brings up LoCelso and his future. Are we waiting for Atletico’s interest to drive up his value to help with a possible reduction in price for Torres in a swap deal?

Curious why this scenario has gone so quiet in the media.
I think we will see much more activity all over Europe starting July 1.

luc1986

Well-Known Member​

Hotspur88

Funny thing is, I work in education but don't have the time to spend 4 hours looking over every single post.

Not that I need to justify, but my posts on the whole are pretty spot on.

Anyway, to keep it on track, we do have an interest in Gordon and have explored the option of bringing him in. I know nothing more than that on the situation.

—————————————

Wow, ITKunt!!! And they are all licking his ass on there too 😂😂😂😂

Haha it’s beyond pathetic now really.

The guy has literally never got anything right and yet self-proclaims that all his posts are ‘pretty much spot on’.

He literally waits for media stories to break or copies other ‘ITK’ and posts relentless drivel like:

‘Names and deals are pretty sensitive right now so I have to be careful’

‘I can confirm we do have an interest’

‘There has been ‘movement’ on this one’

‘I’ve text my guy to see what the situation is’

‘My guy text me a list of names and he is on it’

I feel like he is a parody ITK? He just can’t be a real person who ‘works in education’?!

Back
Top Bottom