Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if we can get lenglet and spence in, and gio, ndombele, reggie and winks out the door. 10/10 window! the only other addition would be another CB, but its not the end of the world if we dont get it.

give me a logical reason why an option isn't included in a deal for a player whose club are aboutley desperate to get rid?

I'm not saying I necessarily believe this tbh as it just doesn't make sense.
Id say barca don't want it because if he is crap for us we will just send him back anyway, even if the option to buy is in the contract and they are no further on. But if he turns into a beast then they will have clubs knocking on the door to buy him for alot more than we are putting on the table at the moment.

It's a risk worth taking for them i think.

give me a logical reason why an option isn't included in a deal for a player whose club are aboutley desperate to get rid?

Hypothetically....... Cos their immediate plight is wages..... If he plays well then Barca can ask a far bigger price next summer than if there was a purachse clause set based on his current form.

Regardless the odd logic was you suggesting we weren't that interested in the player?

Either:

We think he can be rehabbed... In which case why would we not want to buy him having fixed him.

or

Why would we even want him?

An option to buy would be entrely logical from our point of view..... (Whenever loaning players tbh.)

if we can get lenglet and spence in, and gio, ndombele, reggie and winks out the door. 10/10 window! the only other addition would be another CB, but its not the end of the world if we dont get it.

To me 10/10 window =

CM, LB, RB - all of which would be a first XI ready upgrade.
+ back up ST & GK2

Sadly; the RB looks like it's not on the menu.

Damn we’ve been had🤣
Very cunning and sly those foxes. They've had our pants down.

winks-spurs.gif

Many (perhaps 10-15) years ago I made a complaint about him to the BBC, and never really got anywhere. Whilst commentating on a game, two black players had clashed heads, and Wright said "they won't be hurt though because they're tough because they're brothers". The two men were not related. The clear implication was that a). he was using the term 'brothers' to mean black players, and b). black players are necessarily stronger than non-black players, a very old racist stereotype.

Initially the BCC tried to say that he must have thought the players were genuinely related, which I obviously rebuffed and ridiculed. Then they said that he hadn't meant any offence in the (totally racist) thing that he'd said. At that point I got bored with the topic, and said I'd let the matter go if he a). apologised on his next TV performance, and b). sent me a Spurs shirt on which he had written 'Ian Wright is a racist', signed by him. I never heard back from them. :(

I'm glad the BBC were like:

Blm Fight Me GIF by Holly Logan

To me 10/10 window =

CM, LB, RB - all of which would be a first XI ready upgrade.
+ back up ST & GK2

Sadly; the RB looks like it's not on the menu.
There’s still almost two months of the window left. We are going to get a RB. We there it’s Spence (who I don’t think automatically starts) or someone like Carrasco (who I think starts) is the question.

Walk on Memphis...

Memphis : " I need a team to play around me... So I can do my thing "

Translation :
" I need a team to work hard together, do my running, tracking & all off ball activities while I take the ALL the GLORY and praise while not tiring myself so i have time for all my social media accounts, posing, cigars, drinking and being papped leaving clubs at 5am in my shades"

Last edited:
Clément Lenglet contract runs until 30 June 2026 and his buy-out clause stands at 300 million euros (extension done in 2020).

Safe to say we will not be exercising or paying the buy out clause regardless of his performances at Spurs.

Good short term depth addition at LCB and maybe CCB

Memphis : " I need a team to play around me... So I can do my thing "

Translation :
" I need a team to work hard together, do my running, tracking & all off ball activities while I take the ALL the GLORY and praise while not tiring myself so i have time for all my social media accounts, posing, cigars, drinking and being papped leaving clubs at 5am in my shades"
He’s a bit of a cunt tbh. Failed first time around in PL, finds his form and now he’s all billy big bollocks again. Your translation sums it up really.
He is NOT good enough to build a team around
Players like that are rare as hens teeth.
He’s a cog in a wheel. No more than that. And I wouldn’t take a risk on him being a success in a team challenging in the PL.
strong swerve for me. Unless Tony has the hots for him. In which case, it’s all good

Back
Top Bottom