Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I dunno mate, but my faith in what "everyone thinks" and what "everyone" thinks they know about Ange is ever decreasing.

.......According to those with such insight, Ange is not a plan B guy and will drill plan A into the ground rather than switch things up. As crap as it was, us going 442 with 2 target men at half time last night didn't really ring true with that.
TBH, last night seemed to be more straight up chaos than a proper stylistic alternative to his usual tactics.

I know Joan Thomas promised you all we’d get Lenglet but it looks like she was wrong…

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1696869206724120875?s=46&t=LZlJuZ1uaIN4QMovCQVkvQ

waterboy-colonel.gif

No starting PL goalkeeper will play their team's first game in this competition. I would guess that none has for years.
I was at the Lane for the 3rd round against Middlesborough in the successful 07/08 campaign and it was pretty much a first team right down the line. Robbo was in goal and the only notable change was Defoe for Robbie Keane. Keane was brought on as a sub late in the game and made the first goal:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpCP3DhhwPI

Jenas got a lot of abuse from the stands in that game and there was a lot of pressure on the players to deliver a result. Martin Jol might be a martyr figure these days but there were plenty of people in and around the ground saying "If we go out in the 3rd round to Middlesborough, he's got to go." A month later, he was gone.

ones less injury prone and can offer more so we dont have to paly skipp or hojberg, also with gravenberch he can be like bissouma in that park and whats more hes 6 foot 3 and offers a presence there too

"Hey Gravy.... How'd you feel about swapping Bayern Munich's bench for Spurs's bench instead........? No CL...... No Europe at all....... Easy money... Job's a good'n, bruv..... You in?"

Funny how after one defeat all the whiners and ENIC-outers have all of a sudden swarmed the transfer and Ange threads.

Keep it up guys. Show the rest of us how a true fan should behave.

Back
Top Bottom