Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ha, is that really the best you can come up with?!

Yeah, I suspect even you are starting to realise what their priorities are and it's certainly not competing for trophies.

I mean I really can't be arsed to get into another pointless debate with you.

So yeah I agree ENIC and evil, let's not act like keyboard cats and set up a protest, you with me?

Ronaldo wasn't their star player and they didn't sell him. They practically sacked him

in 21/22 he scored 24 goals for them

Fernandes got 10 and Rashford got 5

Who the fuck else was their star player?

What is even going on here? What are you arguing?

None of the teams I mentioned had direct replacements lined up for the goals they lost by getting rid of the players they did.

Funny that Ange says how much he wanted Mitoma at Celtic.

I wonder if everyone thinks he’d have played him RW?

I dunno mate, but my faith in what "everyone thinks" and what "everyone" thinks they know about Ange is ever decreasing.

.......According to those with such insight, Ange is not a plan B guy and will drill plan A into the ground rather than switch things up. As crap as it was, us going 442 with 2 target men at half time last night didn't really ring true with that.

So looks like some positive news coming in. If last night taught us one thing is our 2nd 11 are not scaring anybody.

It's obvious right now who our first 11 are, but injuries to any of those leave us massively exposed.

Johnson I would expect would eventually replace Kulu on the right as Solomon is not reliable enough. Equally that allows Kulu to move into a central role if needed.

Son does not have the pace anymore to play out wide, Perisic does not have 90mins in an Ange team playing out on the left either now, so makes sense someone like Fati coming in to bolster that area, again freeing up Son to play down the middle.

All this points to Richarlison not being the long term future, i fully expect to see Richarlison on the bench for some games with Son down the middle, even potentially Dane starting ahead of him.

What im interested to see is what happens with Veliz, is he currently injured? I've not seen him training or with the younger squads, I have a suspicion that we will see him on the bench towards the second half of the season with a view to getting him minutes as much as possible.

He's likely Kane and Richarlisons successor, something about this purchsse is nagging in my mind that he's likely to be very good, as the younger forwards we have are all decent quality, so what made this Veliz an essential purchase? Especially if rumors of bigger clubs trying to persuade him to join them while enrroute to the UK were true?

There's alot of silence around him currently, and I'm intrigued as to why

Back
Top Bottom