Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Leicester that got relegated? Yeah, I'm bummed. Silly us for remaining in the PL. Champo is where it's at.

Oh and in case you're wondering how much of a draw Spam is...

Don't you think you're arguing at crossed purposes here? Is he saying he would swap places entirely with these clubs?

Don't you think it's even more damning of us that relegated clubs and clubs consistently in the relegation mix are able to win trophies whilst we remain bereft on that front???

Surely with us being so much better than them we could expect more than one League cup in over two decades?

I just went for less flash......but yeah, I think he's the better buy. 😂

I haven't looked at stats or anything, just the eye test. Once he got over his injuries from earlier in the season he just grew and grew. He might go missing on occasion though but that could be just being part of that leicester team. Maddison did the same too with this knee injury that I expect will clear up ehe he moves clubs
Wait until he meets our medical staff...

Fucking stupid comment.

No stupider than peddling the notion that because WH won last night THFC suddenly became a worse team.

As much as some are petrified of oppo fan banter; as was entirely predictable, they're even more determined to generate new narratives in order to hate on us all by themselves.

If one envies perpetual relegation candidates and/or actual relegated teams as a means to undermine us then one needs to take a long hard look at themselves

No stupider than peddling the notion that because WH won last night THFC suddenly became a worse team.

As much as some are petrified of oppo fan banter; as was entirely predictable, they're even more determined to generate new narratives in order to hate on us all by themselves.

If one envies perpetual relegation candidates and/or actual relegated teams as a means to undermine us then one needs to take a long hard look at themselves
I don't think he's saying Spurs have become a worst team than West Ham, rather even teams further down the pecking order are winning trophies and we're not.

Fucking stupid comment.
Apparently everyone who hates ENIC is a gooner now.

Next season at the lane is gonna look like this

london football GIF by Arsenal

When have I said WHU were better than us.
WHU form in the league has been shit, but they have saved it for a cup run, they have not won anything since 1980, when I was 12 years old 😊
If we had applied ourselves to it a couple of seasons back, we also might have lifted it, but we didn't so there you go.
I did say however, that I was sent a picture of rice taking the piss out of Kane by a WHU mate, but certainly they are not better than us, real shame that we can't bag a trophy agree or not.

Don't you think you're arguing at crossed purposes here? Is he saying he would swap places entirely with these clubs?

Don't you think it's even more damning of us that relegated clubs and clubs consistently in the relegation mix are able to win trophies whilst we remain bereft on that front???

Surely with us being so much better than them we could expect more than one League cup in over two decades?
Any club, especially in a cup competition, can catch lightning in a bottle once. Spam has reached 2 cup finals in the past 43 years and they won one through sheer luck. In the same time period we have reached 11 finals, 6 of them under the current regime which includes the big one in 2019. And we have been unlucky in losing 5 of these 6, but that's cup football: in a one-off game anything can happen.

So it's not damning that lesser teams have won a trophy in their one shot at it. What would be damning is if those lesser teams consistently made it to cup finals and we didn't, regardless of what the results in those finals was.

When have I said WHU were better than us.

I didn't say anything in specific regard to you..... But I'm sure it would be relatively easy to find lots of examples of you doing what I just described.

WHU form in the league has been shit, but they have saved it for a cup run, they have not won anything since 1980, when I was 12 years old 😊
If we had applied ourselves to it a couple of seasons back, we also might have lifted it, but we didn't so there you go.
I did say however, that I was sent a picture of rice taking the piss out of Kane by a WHU mate, but certainly they are not better than us, real shame that we can't bag a trophy agree or not.

Of course it's a shame we are in the midst of a trophy drought....... Pretty redundant line of query, that.

Last edited:
So it's not damning that lesser teams have won a trophy in their one shot at it. What would be damning is if those lesser teams consistently made it to cup finals and we didn't, regardless of what the results in those finals was.
I think the point being made is if we'd have taken the same trophy as seriously as West Ham seemed to have done we'd have had a good chance of winning it to.

Even in this season's Champions League we seemed to throw the towel in against a poor AC Milan team.

He's such a fucking child, isn't he :disdain:
A child is someone with a single-minded obsession about something that cannot be shook off it and that keeps repeating the same thing over and over again, even though there is no evidence to support it.

Take a look in the mirror and you'll understand what I'm talking about, Mr. We're Not Building A Stadium.

adorable mirror GIF

You might be happy with being outdone by Spam and Leicester city but I'm not, it's fucking embarrassing.

I agree with you to an extent.

Spammers won a trophy but one that didn't exist two years ago. Good for them but they risked relegation in order to give it a proper go.

In the end they managed to stay up and lift a cup.

Our lack of trophies is shit but I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Supporting Spurs isn't much fun and hasn't been for a while now. Not much we can do about it really, I'm just not going to give them anymore of my money until they deserve it or ENIC finally fuck off.

They can't own us forever, right?

No Way Reaction GIF

Last edited:
I agree with you to an extent.

Spammers won a trophy but one that didn't exist two years ago. Good for them but they risked relegation in order to give it a poper go.

In the end they managed to stay up and lift a cup.

Our lack of trophies is shit but I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Supporting Spurs isn't much fun and hasn't been for a while now. Not much we can do about it really, I'm just not going to give them anymore of my money until they deserve it or ENIC finally fuck off.

They can't own us forever, right?

No Way Reaction GIF
As long as they continue making money they will stick around and no one will buy them out because we are overpriced and negotiations with ENIC are too much hassle.

Back
Top Bottom