Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is why our season consists of trying to win a cup and get in the top 4. Look at the money on players we thought were going to be class and have flopped spece Ryan sess gill are 3 straight away jack Clarke the list can go on and on

I don't think Chelsea and United are the benchmark for spending money wisely on players

True but the trophy cabinet don't lie or the history books. We get tagged spursy

Bro... in the last 2 years united spent 65 mil on Mount and 95 mil on Anthony (euros)

Sure they have many more trophies than us in the prem league era but their transfers the last few years have not been anything to crow about.

As for the term spursy ... if you're triggered by it then you're just reacting the way they want you too...I really wouldn't worry about it

Bro... in the last 2 years united spent 65 mil on Mount and 95 mil on Anthony (euros)

Sure they have many more trophies than us in the prem league era but their transfers the last few years have not been anything to crow about.

As for the term spursy ... if you're triggered by it then you're just reacting the way they want you too...I really wouldn't worry about it

And 75 million on Sancho.

It's freakery how we have failed to win a trophy in however long.

Some will always say we haven't spent enough but it's only ever going to be enough when we win something. We have spent and wasted a lot of money.

It's a flat argument.

And 75 million on Sancho.

It's freakery how we have failed to win a trophy in however long.

Some will always say we haven't spent enough but it's only ever going to be enough when we win something. We have spent and wasted a lot of money.

It's a flat argument.

Agree that we need to spent smartly, but also feel that a calculated punt on high cost talent is the difference between competing for something and winning something.

Some people take this "it's all about scouting" argument too far and explain that money doesn't equate to quality. Then a few weeks later claim that we should care about top 4, stadium and hotels over a mickey mouse trophy because it allows us to attract better talent.

View: https://x.com/iskaholic/status/1793590785192964290

Animal.

But yeh he doesn't look like a natural sitter to me. His energy & harrying is one of his best attributes and if you force him to sit in the #6 you'd be taking away a huge part of his game. More a Gallagher alternative than a complementary to me.

Have a look at Bissouma's heatmap this season and McGregors from last season. Ange doesn't play with a "sitting"#6.

Have a look at Bissouma's heatmap this season and McGregors from last season. Ange doesn't play with a "sitting"#6.

Heat maps are deceiving, especially for central mids. Of course there are gonna be times when Bissouma ventures from his spot in front of the defence, doesn't mean he's not primarily a sitter and doesn't mean Ange doesn't use classic #6s.

Admittedly sometimes Sarr, Maddison, or Bentancur would rotate into the role in the build up to provide passing options and passing angles, and Biss would sometimes drop to the fullback role or advance up the pitch into the space vacated, but out of possession there would almost always be a sitting 6 there, and when Biss was on the pitch it was mostly him.

Back
Top Bottom