Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate. Things will never change under these owners. It's purely financial. They're just on the gravy train and will never invest what it takes to put a winning team on the pitch.
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

I think if we are keeping rich go for zirkzee who could be our isak type

Would they turn down a 40 mill bid who knows I like the look of him tho very unpredictable

Zirkzee is a wonderful player to watch and has a 40m clause.

Only questions I have are about how prolific he can be and how hard he wants to work without the ball. If they crunch the data and Ange watched the film to settle on Zirkzee I’d definitely not hate it

I know it’s all likely bollocks, but it’s irritating that we’re only being linked with youngsters.

We’re not fucking Brighton and we have to buy established players too.
You're right, but there's no sense in getting irritated by it, when we know that the VAST majority of these links are pure click bait.

I fully expect that we are looking at established players as well, but the club is keeping its cards VERY close to its chest on them.

Do you remember when we were linked pre Napoli and people were fuming, emptying their bowels with Levy soup and saying we always take the cheap option. The Danny Rose Google jokes were hilarious!
I do.

Thing is, the club had chopped and changed leadership, mangers etc it’s not shocking that fans didn’t trust the scouting. He was one of the early Paratici names.

Paratici could offer us a 3 legged Labrador now and most of us would trust his scouting network.

The 6 is less of a priority for me compared the other 5/6 bits of business we need to do first. Especially when it doesn’t look like anyone special is on the market. If an opportunity arises then go for it but I also think Sarr might be able to do a great job in that role too.

Sarr
Gallagher Maddison

That 3 would give us pressing, ball winning, cover for defensive transitions and some good technicians for creating chances.
I've wondered this about Sarr. He has all the attributes for a #6. Great defensively and on the ball. Just needs a bit more positional discipline, maybe that'll come with age. Would solve a huge problem for us if he could play there.

Do you remember when we were linked pre Napoli and people were fuming, emptying their bowels with Levy soup and saying we always take the cheap option. The Danny Rose Google jokes were hilarious!
I don’t actually think people were.

He looked incredibly exciting but he was such an unknown prospect, no one had a clue. For that reason, no one ever really criticised ENIC for letting him go.

Every team in world football would have bought him.

Napoli themselves described it ‘as like winning the lottery’.

Prime example of stats not telling a whole story. I wish someone would fire FBref in to the sun, it makes Bissouma look like the best DM in the world (I rate him, he’s good, he isn’t THAT good) because it’s so limited.

Osimhen is much better than Richarlison. No team on the planet would take the pigeon over Osimhen.
Osimhen was pretty shite this season, why is he much better than Richarlison?

I've wondered this about Sarr. He has all the attributes for a #6. Great defensively and on the ball. Just needs a bit more positional discipline, maybe that'll come with age. Would solve a huge problem for us if he could play there.

He has the attributes to be elite there.

Quietly one of our best passers as well. At least over mixed distances.

Osimhen was pretty shite this season, why is he much better than Richarlison?

Because one poor season (in which he still got 18 g/a in the league) doesn't discount a 30 g/a season in which he was one of the best strikers in Europe and absolutely terrifying teams. Richarlison has never even got close to that peak.

Osimhen, if available tomorrow, would be wanted by most of Europe. Richarlison, who has almost no stand-out attributes, would not. That says it all about how they're rated by top European teams. Osimhen is far from perfect but he is a level above Richarlison.

Back
Top Bottom