Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because one poor season (in which he still got 18 g/a in the league) doesn't discount a 30 g/a season in which he was one of the best strikers in Europe and absolutely terrifying teams. Richarlison has never even got close to that peak.

Osimhen, if available tomorrow, would be wanted by most of Europe. Richarlison, who has almost no stand-out attributes, would not. That says it all about how they're rated by top European teams. Osimhen is far from perfect but he is a level above Richarlison.
He's far better than Richarlison, but probably not worth his fee.

There are other high quality CF alternatives who are on our list: Gyokeres, Openda, Guirassy etc.

I'm more worried about the market for wingers than CF.

I've wondered this about Sarr. He has all the attributes for a #6. Great defensively and on the ball. Just needs a bit more positional discipline, maybe that'll come with age. Would solve a huge problem for us if he could play there.
I don’t think Sarr is great on the ball at all. He’s a midfielder who needs space in front of him to open up his legs and make runs. He’s not great in tight spaces and is quite untidy in possession. He’s the least likely of our midfielders that could play the 6.

You're obsession with me is becoming borderline stalking, mate.....

7AbM.gif

Disturbing
you haven't answered the question

you shit on our "ambition" and bang on about "window ratings" but refuse to give any indications on who you'd target, what your ideal window would be, how much we should spend to justify "backing the manager" what your 10/10 window would be?

why?

these are digs you constantly have but don't give your own view on.

you shit on our "ambition" and bang on about "window ratings" but refuse to give any indications on who you'd target, what your ideal window would be, how much we should spend to justify "backing the manager" what your 10/10 window would be?

why?

He’s never going to answer. Why bother? Just ignore him and get on with your life. Much easier.

All the players you’ve listed are either punts on youngsters or scraps ie maddison

I’m not denying they’re good players but they aren’t elite

VDV and Udogie will be but they were still punts

When is the last time we bought a fully fledged elite player? I can’t remember one, we’re a big enough team to attract them and have the money, we just refuse to spend it

If we want to be a successful club we need to start acting like one

If we wanted that kvaratshelia from Napoli we have the money and pull to get him, but we would never in a million years part with it
When has Spurs had the 'pull' in terms of desirability for top players / silly wages like some competitors. Everyone wants the best players, but sometimes you have to take a punt (Bale, Modric) which work out as a world class player but some will not.

I don’t think Sarr is great on the ball at all. He’s a midfielder who needs space in front of him to open up his legs and make runs. He’s not great in tight spaces and is quite untidy in possession. He’s the least likely of our midfielders that could play the 6.

Disagree.

Start of the season that was true, he’s made huge strides receiving in tight spaces and protecting the ball.

Would be a monster covering ground and winning it back in defensive transitions too

Disagree.

Start of the season that was true, he’s made huge strides receiving in tight spaces and protecting the ball.

Would be a monster covering ground and winning it back in defensive transitions too
Do not see him as a 6 in anyway. He’s not got the composure or awareness to play the 6. He’s a runner who gives you energy and that’s what he’ll be used for. He’ll never play as a 6 for us.

You're right, but there's no sense in getting irritated by it, when we know that the VAST majority of these links are pure click bait.

I fully expect that we are looking at established players as well, but the club is keeping its cards VERY close to its chest on them.

Ange has said a few times our summer plans are well under way so I expect we know who we want and are already trying to get deals sorted.

Like I said, I see it differently.

He’s very young and way more than just a runner imo. Can do everything you need him to do.
At the moment I only see him as a runner who’ll get goals the more he learns the position. I love that type of player and that’s what his biggest attributes are. Not receiving with his back to goal,playing around corners,one twos and firing it into front players. That’s what a sitting midfielder needs to do.

why?

I can't answer for individual posters but, how would you define "ambition".
For some time now, the club has been content to, grab fourth spot as a prize because of the huge financial bonus that goes with it.
Apart from that the club, has shown nothing in terms of achieving success both in the short or long term on the pitch.
We don't know how much the club has to spend, or whether they want experienced or younger cheaper alternatives.
The squad probably needs 6/7 to come in but, that is a lot to spend and. Integrate in one window.
I don't think anyone is expecting much, probably 3/4 in and, a much similar season to what we have had in terms of league position.

I can't answer for individual posters but, how would you define "ambition".
For some time now, the club has been content to, grab fourth spot as a prize because of the huge financial bonus that goes with it.
Apart from that the club, has shown nothing in terms of achieving success both in the short or long term on the pitch.
We don't know how much the club has to spend, or whether they want experienced or younger cheaper alternatives.
The squad probably needs 6/7 to come in but, that is a lot to spend and. Integrate in one window.
I don't think anyone is expecting much, probably 3/4 in and, a much similar season to what we have had in terms of league position.
Maybe "ambition" was the wrong word here, maybe more "direction" either way, JT shits on our transfer policy and anyone who says we have a good window or not without offering one opinion on what a good window would be to JT.

it's a transfer thread ffs. who would JT like to buy? is it that hard?

Do not see him as a 6 in anyway. He’s not got the composure or awareness to play the 6. He’s a runner who gives you energy and that’s what he’ll be used for. He’ll never play as a 6 for us.
He's 21 mate. Easy to forget when you see him at the top of his game, but he's still got a fair bit of moisture behind his ears.

Planty of time to see whether he can adapt to whatever role he's asked to take up.

Back
Top Bottom