Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Using that as some justification for our lack of ambition or willingness to compete for the big players is one of the most ludicrous things I keep reading on this forum.
Every big club will have they're own Ndombele, and we're better equipped than most to absorb the hit.
It's bizarre how so many of our own fans seem happy to pay elite ticket prices but are prepared to accept a 2nd 3rd or 4th rate product. for their money.
It's called conditioning, the long term effects of unambitious owners.

hi bud!

Who should we buy to make us a "winning team"? please answer!
Ta

You're obsession with me is becoming borderline stalking, mate.....

7AbM.gif

Disturbing

I watched the Alasdair Gold YouTube this week and he says the following about transfers. .

ST
Winger or 2 (No Odoi)
CB
At least one FB

Ali personally thinks we'll look for a #6 AND a #8 - Gallagher links won't end

If we managed to do all that, a big if, then we will have done well. If we get our first choices of course.

I hope we get first-team signings of course but I hope we can pick up a couple more prospects like Bergvall and Vuskovic.

I think Roony Bardghji would be a great pickup and good cover for RW. 15 to 20 mill?

Plus would be club and nation trained as an 18 year old.

I hope we get first-team signings of course but I hope we can pick up a couple more prospects like Bergvall and Vuskovic.

I think Roony Bardghji would be a great pickup and good cover for RW. 15 to 20 mill?
Didn't something bad just happen to him? Can't remember what but he got some kind of serious injury.

Plus would be club and nation trained as an 18 year old.
If Leeds don’t get promoted today how about their young prospect?

We have wide attackers to spare. But no quality replacement for Udogie. And no real No 6.
Agree with that but I wouldn’t say any of our attackers at the level of the back 5, arguably not even Maddison / Bentacur levels (when both fully fit).

The front 3 could all be upgraded - that would be my target. A 9 and a wide attacker keeping Son and Kulu, moving on Solomon, Werner, Richy etc, poss BJ if there is interest

I watched the Alasdair Gold YouTube this week and he says the following about transfers. .

ST
Winger or 2 (No Odoi)
CB
At least one FB

Ali personally thinks we'll look for a #6 AND a #8 - Gallagher links won't end

If we managed to do all that, a big if, then we will have done well. If we get our first choices of course.

Based on the links and Ange quotes with a bit of what’s realistic, this is my guess at what we’re trying to do:

Striker (Gimenez, Guirassy, Toney)

WF (links a bit quiet atm)

8/10 (Sudakov, Baena, MGW, Eze)

8 (Gallagher, Ederson, Gray, James)

Versatile Defender (Calafiori, Simakan, Chalobah)

That’s 5 in and any more will depend on outs and which FB is less covered by the first defender we sign. As much as we all hate it, don’t rule out a late window move for Werner as well.

Back
Top Bottom