Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There has to be zero chance Ange gets on the phone with this guy and says yes.

Lyon probably want to shift him and there is a discount applied.

Is pretty interesting we’ve been linked with players like Eze, Baena, Sudakov and now Cherki. Does seem like we are looking for someone to cover/compete with Maddison.
We need a Lo Celso replacement so it makes sense.

We'll probably end up with Gibbs White since Forest need to sell. His stats show promise so it might work out. Plus he knows how to head a football so it helps with the set piece problem.

We'll probably end up with Gibbs White since Forest need to sell. His stats show promise so it might work out. Plus he knows how to head a football so it helps with the set piece problem.

If they are charging 60m for Eze or the Sudakov kid then you are probably right.

MGW isn’t a bad footballer at all. More G+As than Eze this year and not as injury prone. Probably a bit underrated by our fanbase.

Need more than promise but he is a good player. Again though I’d advise looking beyond the stats. Eze may not have the stats but his overall play would lead to goal scoring positions for some one else.

Need more than promise but he is a good player. Again though I’d advise looking beyond the stats. Eze may not have the stats but his overall play would lead to goal scoring positions for some one else.
Of course, but I'm not going to rewatch Forest to see what Gibbs White has done this season and I don't trust comps either.

As for Eze, the stats do show that he's a good player. He's in the 90 percentile for goals, xG, shots and shots on target. He's 89 percentile for successful take ons and is very good off the ball as well when it comes to ball recoveries and tackles.

If they are charging 60m for Eze or the Sudakov kid then you are probably right.

MGW isn’t a bad footballer at all. More G+As than Eze this year and not as injury prone. Probably a bit underrated by our fanbase.
I wanted him when he was at Wolves. I'd be more than happy to see us bring him in. Very talented Footballer.

Osimhen?

Obviously won't happen for several million reasons but that's the quality of player we should be targeting, rather than the likes of Werner.
If I speak...

rich.jpg
rich.jpg

If I speak...

rich.jpg
rich.jpg

Prime example of stats not telling a whole story. I wish someone would fire FBref in to the sun, it makes Bissouma look like the best DM in the world (I rate him, he’s good, he isn’t THAT good) because it’s so limited.

Osimhen is much better than Richarlison. No team on the planet would take the pigeon over Osimhen.

Problem is we thought "big" with ndombele, and mistakenly confused Sterling pounds with the American pounds.

Hard to recover from that trauma.
Using that as some justification for our lack of ambition or willingness to compete for the big players is one of the most ludicrous things I keep reading on this forum.
Every big club will have they're own Ndombele, and we're better equipped than most to absorb the hit.
It's bizarre how so many of our own fans seem happy to pay elite ticket prices but are prepared to accept a 2nd 3rd or 4th rate product. for their money.

Prime example of stats not telling a whole story. I wish someone would fire FBref in to the sun, it makes Bissouma look like the best DM in the world (I rate him, he’s good, he isn’t THAT good) because it’s so limited.

Osimhen is much better than Richarlison. No team on the planet would take the pigeon over Osimhen.
Osihmen is clearly a better player than Richy but im not sure I want us to go big on him

Ok. Deuterz want Osimhen. What does that say. Stay away!

Back
Top Bottom