Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you call him a one season wonder but you don't know how to scroll down on fbref. Colour me shocked.

97th percentile for goals p/90 in the Bundesliga last season.
88th percentile the season before.
99th percentile for goals p/90 in Ligue 1 with a goal every 0.8 games.
75th percentile the season before.

And it's not like he's just a goalscorer. He puts up consistently good numbers for pass completion, touches in the penalty box, expected assists, etc.

Thank you. So you’re looking at the bar chats. Sure he had a good final season at Rennes. His first season at Stuttgart didn’t seem to be anywhere as impressive. If you want to contribute that to first season adapting to a new league that’s fair.

I still don’t think anyone is speaking about him as a real option if he doesn’t put up 28 league goals last season.

I wouldnt mind us going after Sebastian Nanasi, a 10 at Malmö FF. 21 years old. The best player in allsvenskan so far this season, together with Bergvall. 14 assists and 5 goals so far, in 11 games

Last edited:
Thank you. So you’re looking at the bar chats. Sure he had a good final season at Rennes. His first season at Stuttgart didn’t seem to be anywhere as impressive. If you want to contribute that to first season adapting to a new league that’s fair.

I still don’t think anyone is speaking about him as a real option if he doesn’t put up 28 league goals last season.

11 goals in 23 games, but a goal every 99 minutes.

Ridiculously impressive

And he’s been scoring at that rate since Rennes in 2021.

Also very high level at bringing others into the game. The data on Guirassy is scary impressive tbh.

11 goals in 23 games, but a goal every 99 minutes.

Ridiculously impressive

And he’s been scoring at that rate since Rennes in 2021.

Also very high level at bringing others into the game. The data on Guirassy is scary impressive tbh.
That's all impressive, but I do generally feel the French league level has dropped off a lot since psg was taken over. The risk of him not being able to even halfway replicate his form in France is real.

Why are you surprised that we are more interested in a player who has had a massive season than we were before he had the massive season?

Aren't all clubs more interested in players who have been playing well, than players who haven't been?

Ederson, Eze, ...etc. That's what we want. No more 15 million pound punts, no more the next Lionel Messi. Once in a while is Ok but we need proven players

Let it sink in. "Man United in their worst season in over 20 years have still achieved more than our best season in the same Time frame".

Back
Top Bottom