Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WALOB

he was checking fittings and small details like a project manager, all the while we wasted a golden opportunity to sign players and augment the brilliant 11 we had.
I’m afraid you’re the one talking bollocks! 😂

I spent a large proportion of my working life as a Capital Projects Accountant in construction and engineering.

It’s perfectly normal practice for a CEO or investor to sign off on the fittings as they are the tangible items you see everyday.

Using the stadium build as a stick to beat Levy with is a tad rich! 😂

Bastoni to his credit looked like the fuss may have been merited
Fucking lenglet mate

The sequence of events went:

Conte wants Bastoni

Inter owners in trouble and could use a sale.

Bastoni excited by the idea of the premier league and reuniting with Conte who launched his career pretty much.

Inter want 70m for the future of the Italian NT and potential Inter captain.

Spurs don't want to pay 70m

Bastoni's agent meets with Inter and Bastoni is a boyhood Inter fan who doesn't want to leave. Never wanted to anyway.

Lenglet on loan.

Stadium investment is already more than paying for itself. We got loans and historically outstanding rates.

As critics like to say, we went 18 months without signing a player. The benefit to that was we turned a big profit and got incredible rates during a general context when rates were low anyway.
Not saying it was not a good deal but that money staying in the club doesn't mean the squad. Does it? It was a question rather than a statement

Not saying it was not a good deal but that money staying in the club doesn't mean the squad. Does it? It was a question rather than a statement

Pretty obviously the groundsmen, tea lady and coach all want paying and the coney comes from the club coffers as do squad's wages. No different from any other club.

The sequence of events went:

Conte wants Bastoni

Inter owners in trouble and could use a sale.

Bastoni excited by the idea of the premier league and reuniting with Conte who launched his career pretty much.

Inter want 70m for the future of the Italian NT and potential Inter captain.

Spurs don't want to pay 70m

Bastoni's agent meets with Inter and Bastoni is a boyhood Inter fan who doesn't want to leave. Never wanted to anyway.

Lenglet on loan.

Straight lying 😂

Agree. Didn't see what the fuss is about. He got totally mugged off by Broja of all people. Tough to judge based on one game with the NT and there were concerns about Bastoni being 1 paced as well BUUUUUT, nah for me I didn't see a world beater.

Really?

I thought he was excellent last night. Smooth on the ball and not bothered defensively all game bar an elbow to the face by Broja.

He'll get his massive move on the back of this tournament. Juve probably.

Straight lying 😂
Mate, I shared the reporting of that in here many times.

people have selective amnesia because they don't want to admit they support a club who hired a coach known for winning things with a 3 CB system and when that coach asked for an expensive CB to win things, the club gave him Lenglet on loan and went to work on the PR damage control.

Broja elbowed him because he was hanging off him after getting left in the dust.

Broja isn't quick or especially smart.

Wouldn't say he got left in the dust. Hence why he got elbowed in the face.

He was levels above Bastoni last night, who again I've watched and thanked god we ended up with Romero instead.

Mate, I shared the reporting of that in here many times.

people have selective amnesia because they don't want to admit they support a club who hired a coach known for winning things with a 3 CB system and when that coach asked for an expensive CB to win things, the club gave him Lenglet on loan and went to work on the PR damage control.

One week into the transfer window, Bastoni just gives up on his Premier League dream.... Sure sure

Back
Top Bottom