Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He stepped in to get the Dragusin deal over the line, not sure we can have it both ways.
That might be the case , I seem to remember something being written about that . Why did he need to though , surely his role is to hire the people who do that . I am aware of the Paratici situation but that sits squarely with Levy . Not sure its praiseworthy cleaning up a mess of one’s own making

That might be the case , I seem to remember something being written about that . Why did he need to though , surely his role is to hire the people who do that . I am aware of the Paratici situation but that sits squarely with Levy . Not sure its praiseworthy cleaning up a mess of one’s own making

Sometimes people don't get jobs done, perfectly acceptable in any work environment where the Dir or CEO steps in to get a deal over the line, that's the whole point of having a team and an owner who has their back.

But for some reason in football or maybe at Spurs this is a problem, what a weird argument.

Sometimes people don't get jobs done, perfectly acceptable in any work environment where the Dir or CEO steps in to get a deal over the line, that's the whole point of having a team and an owner who has their back.

But for some reason in football or maybe at Spurs this is a problem, what a weird argument.
Levy having someone’s back LOL

He has sacrificed managers on the altar of deflection at the rate most people change their socks .

Anyway last time we did this neither of us shifted our opinion and I’m pretty sure we won’t again

Levy having someone’s back LOL

He has sacrificed managers on the altar of deflection at the rate most people change their socks .

Anyway last time we did this neither of us shifted our opinion and I’m pretty sure we won’t again

Those goalposts got shifted pretty quick didn't they...

Last edited:
Ok, let’s have it the other way and have the bald cunt absolutely nowhere near deals in that case

Maybe, not sure we should give a shit either way as long as he has his team fo the bulk of the work, if it requires his expertise on deals not shifting (like Dragusin) then he should be assisting if he can get the deal over the line.

People worry far too much about this crap.

Why would we sign a player that’s not in the picture to start?
I wrote "where in the picture" - which totally different than "not in the picture".
Players get bonuses according to how many games they play, and many adds-on transfer fees are based on games played.
But, fine, if you don't believe that players want certain assurances before signing for another clubs but simply sign without discussing or caring about potential playing time that's fine with me.

Not sure what goalposts I shifted

Debate started out as 'Levy should step away from the football side'

You shifted the goalposts to 'Levy never has manager's backs' which is interesting because you chose 4 words I wrote to attack my argument instead of the main crux of the actual argument.

The reason is because you're unable to relent from your bald bad man position, boring - can't be arsed to do these bad faith debates.

I wrote "where in the picture" - which totally different than "not in the picture".
Players get bonuses according to how many games they play, and many adds-on transfer fees are based on games played.
But, fine, if you don't believe that players want certain assurances before signing for another clubs but simply sign without discussing or caring about potential playing time that's fine with me.

I just can't see a world where any club would give any type of assurances.

Dragusin the perfect example. He can't have been promised anything because he'd be fuming by now. BUT he didn't come here at his age to be anyone's back up. He came to compete.

I don't understand why PSG would look to loan him out again, he got 8 goals and 13 assists in Bundesliga last season, they hardly pulled up trees again in the CL, surely they'd want to give him a chance? If they look to loan him again would not surprise me if the player refuses to move again unless it's on a permanent deal. He's 21 and put up very good numbers in his debut season in a new league, going on loan again seems like a pointless exercise, what more can he show them from a development loan? If there's talk of a permanent deal for him this summer I would defo want us to be in for him but unfortunately I think the likes of Bayern, Real, possibly even Woolwich/Chelsea/Pool/City would all be extremely keen also. He will be legitimately world class one day, amazed PSG would risk losing him.

Apparently it’s on the player side.

He doesn’t like PSG anymore. I think they poached him from the Barca academy promising a pathway and didn’t keep to it

Eze could be the next breakout star of the league. Hopefully he comes to Spurs for the new season. If he is our only signing of the summer we will have a better starting side than last season. Brennan Johnson will have a full pre season with us and should improve, and if we could grab a decent striker it could be a really good season.

I reckon we are in talks and it will happen. As long as we have a free run at him. If Cit’s come in and offer him a contract then we’ll be in trouble. I’m quite surprised the scum aren’t in for him too actually.

Really think most Spurs fans underestimate how exciting Gray would be as a signing.
If Angelos want him I am not against signing him and he looks to be a bright talent but Djed Spence is a proof that the EPL & the Championship are, yes, leagues apart.
Besides, Gray's future is as a CDM, where he's hardly played in the Championship.

Maybe, not sure we should give a shit either way as long as he has his team fo the bulk of the work, if it requires his expertise on deals not shifting (like Dragusin) then he should be assisting if he can get the deal over the line.

People worry far too much about this crap.
Yeah fair - end of the day it’s pretty obvious that it massively improved when Paratici came in, let’s see if that progression continues. Levy is far less than involved than under Poch and it shows

Back
Top Bottom