Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm really not sure about that mate.

Cbf to dig up the posts but you generally type the exact same type of message for every transfer we don’t pull off.

Not hard to find mate. Go in the January thread or just type Wharton and my username and youll see my annoyance with allowing Palace a free run at Wharton.

We messed up big time there.

Are people actually annoyed we haven't wasted 35m on a fucking 18 year old with zero Prem experience and less than a handful of decent performances that anyone has actually seen with their own eyes?

😂😂😂
Wouldn’t be surprised if most people that want him just going off that highlight reel from Chelsea game. Saw quite a bit of them back end of the season to see what the fuss was about and didn’t see too much. I know he’s young but all I saw was underwhelming.

Listening to some he was destined for all the top clubs to battle it out this summer. Going to Brentford bit of a reality check

Isn't the fact that he's gone to Brentford an indicator why Wharton chose Palace, looks to me that some of these young players are carving out a career for themselves and working their way up to bigger clubs, can't blame them actually.

If you're a young player then what's the benefit of signing for a club where you're not guaranteed first team football as opposed to one that is?

You can use similar logic as to why Bergvall chose us over Barca, we're not going to be his end station just like Brentford isn't going to be Grays.

Isn't the fact that he's gone to Brentford an indicator why Wharton chose Palace, looks to me that some of these young players are carving out a career for themselves and working their way up to bigger clubs, can't blame them actually.

If you're a young player then what's the benefit of signing for a club where you're not guaranteed first team football as opposed to one that is?

You can use similar logic as to why Bergvall chose us over Barca, we're not going to be his end station just like Brentford isn't going to be Grays.
Grays use to be good, not anymore a bit like spurs.

Point taken about the extra stadium revenues, but that still doesn't explain why we're paying WHL level wages.

Wages are rising fast, but from a low base when we had WHL revenues. Doubled our wages since 2017 and fastest growth of any of the big boys since 2017

Will take a while t catch up, but marginally ahead of Woolwich for first time in decades, and well above Wham type wages

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F080d021d-cc93-4556-b8ee-aaad147c9924_2256x1996.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F15fa320f-0b49-4bae-8fe0-04780b74f045_1860x1838.jpeg

All the talk of a hijack for Gray seem a bit weird.

Don't remember many transfers getting spoken of in that context almost like they jumped the gun with Brentford or Brentford didn't want any of it leaked and now its out there, others are aware of exactly what Leeds are happy to accept.

Strange.

Are people actually annoyed we haven't wasted 35m on a fucking 18 year old with zero Prem experience and less than a handful of decent performances that anyone has actually seen with their own eyes?

😂😂😂
If we'd signed him you'd be telling us what a fantastic coup it was. How this is the kind of signing we should be making. 🤣😂

Don't remember many transfers getting spoken of in that context almost like they jumped the gun with Brentford or Brentford didn't want any of it leaked and now its out there, others are aware of exactly what Leeds are happy to accept.

Strange.

2 months ago no one really wanted Gray, he wasn't a player anyone spoke of being a 'must need', he wouldn't push the needle for this club this season...just a talented player with high potential who would be nice to have but fans don't even think anymore, they align themselves to players, watch all the compilations, read all the articles and condition themselves into imagining that player turning out for us then when it doesn't happen have a meltdown and get upset.

Strange.

Either Journalists milking Spurs fans or Leeds leaked it to try and flush out another bidder

If we'd signed him you'd be telling us what a fantastic coup it was. How this is the kind of signing we should be making. 🤣😂
Once again, the ENIC cock suckers trying, to deflect their anger away from a singning that the club was linked to.
The other day, it was all about attacking football and signing young talent, now it's, he wasn't that good I wanted player B instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom