Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Young players are inconsistent and Farke was playing him different positions to teach him the game.

35m not spent on him means very little to me it’s not my money and there are crazy deals going on all over the place. 33m for Minteh to Brighton etc

End of the day if they get the business done that they want to then who cares but we already regret it with Wharton, let’s hope we don’t with Gray but based on the times I’ve seen him play, well regret it before Christmas.

'It's not my money' but you'll be the first go grumble because the club 'only' spent x amount and missed out on another player due to finances, clubs generally have a budget, we are no different.

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1807331205357904130?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Maybe this June 30th mini deadline ends up carnage after all.

Maybe Leeds also got an offer for Summerville from Liverpool because Newcastle don’t need to sell Gordon anymore?

I knew all the talk of a hijacking from the journalists made this feel very odd.

So it's not totally surprising that Brentford didn't end up signing him. Wouldnt surprise me if he signs a new deal.

I would say it has to be us that fucked up his move to Brentford possibly with Rodon and/or Skipp involved but it'll probably end up being Chelsea or a new contract at Leeds.

For what its worth watched Leeds a few times and he looks a really good young player. More technical than Wharton. Think he would be a very good signing as long as financially it doesnt impede on improvement to the first 11.

Last edited:
Young players are inconsistent and Farke was playing him different positions to teach him the game.

35m not spent on him means very little to me it’s not my money and there are crazy deals going on all over the place. 33m for Minteh to Brighton etc

End of the day if they get the business done that they want to then who cares but we already regret it with Wharton, let’s hope we don’t with Gray but based on the times I’ve seen him play, well regret it before Christmas.
I'm currently looking through a leeds forum and the general consensus is that he had an "ok season". Goes with what I've seen of him...just ok.

They think he has potential but they're not exactly waxing lyrical. I remember looking at a Blackburn rovers forum about Wharton and the tone was very different (they absolutely knew he would be a star).

I'm not sold at all.

I would say it has to be us that fucked up his move to Brentford possibly with Rodon and/or Skipp involved but it'll probably end up being Chelsea or a new contract at Leeds.

For what its worth watched Leeds a few times and he looks a really good young player. More technical than Wharton. Think he would be a very good signing as long as financially it doesnt impede on improvement to the first 11.
eh???? absolutely not.

765 pages for...........

Wait for it...........

2b1db6ce-77ac-4ebb-8eee-35ab6f33a420_text.gif

Wooooooaaaahhhhh

Timo Werner... ......:contefists:

On loan 😆
Annnnd up pops the biggest wet blanket of all.

AFTV have some snivelling little girls who embarrass their club, but you out-snivel the lot..

I'm currently looking through a leeds forum and the general consensus is that he had an "ok season". Goes with what I've seen of him...just ok.

They think he has potential but they're not exactly waxing lyrical. I remember looking at a Blackburn rovers forum about Wharton and the tone was very different (they absolutely knew he would be a star).

I'm not sold at all.

One thing I definitely wouldn't do is base my opinion on a player on a fan forum. I think he's England's starting #6 before he turns 20 but there you go.

Anyway, we are wasting our time here. We disagree on how good a player is and we aren't even signing that player.

tbh right now it looks like nobody was going to sign him because Leeds have pulled out after agreeing on a deal.

Just seen that Doue is in the France Olympics squad:

Actually a pretty stacked squad but point being that their first Olympics match is 24th July so any deal for the likes of Doue, Locko (we have been linked with him too), Lukeba, Bade, Kone, K Thuram, or Cherki would need to get done before the 24th most likely.

Wharton is a good player and whilst its difficult to predict with youngsters because of injuries, loss of form and whether they push on i think Gray will end up the better player whether he signs for us or not.

Wharton is like a Carrick type. Understated and keeps it simple but is effective with it.

Gray is a player with a totally different ceiling. He's already pointless to press because he's great at beating it and can carry the ball up the pitch, make the smart line-breaking passes as well as ping the crossfield Hollywood passes. He can strike the ball as well. He's honestly not like an English CM that we have produced before.

One thing I definitely wouldn't do is base my opinion on a player on a fan forum. I think he's England's starting #6 before he turns 20 but there you go.

Anyway, we are wasting our time here. We disagree on how good a player is and we aren't even signing that player.

tbh right now it looks like nobody was going to sign him because Leeds have pulled out after agreeing on a deal.
you wouldn't base your opinion on the opinions of a set of fans that have watched him play every game for a season? but you base your opinion on watching a handful of games?

I'm looking at their comments through the season...not just after a fee was agreed with Brentford.

Leeds fans forum.
They think he is worth £40m and that Chelsea and Spurs are interested but will loan him back.

We ain’t paying £40m for him to loan him back. Chelsea might spend that but we’d be mad to.

Back
Top Bottom