Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After that miss I wouldnt let him take one even if he wanted to as a coach...but maybe he was supposed to take one of the last two?
He has to step up, he's the star of the team and that's what he's supposed to do. All of his mates had done their job by stopping Portugal, either way, when the ball falls on the feet of the star of the team and he's supposed to show his value, he disappears. And it wasn't just that 1vs1, he took almost every decision wrong today and by the end didn't have the courage to take a penalty and let his team down one more time.

I have to admit I've never seen this guy play before, but he was awful today.

Yeah maybe but I do think youngsters in general get held back too much when they just need a chance. I’ve seen Donelly a few times in the u21s this season and he has been head and shoulders above the other players on the pitch, what more can he do? Lankashear too, top scorer in the league and can’t even make the bench when Richarlison was out
They have to be given chances at some point otherwise what is the point. Those youngsters will lose motivation as they will think their path is always gonna be blocked. Some of them would have been no worse than the players that were picked.

Yeah maybe but I do think youngsters in general get held back too much when they just need a chance. I’ve seen Donelly a few times in the u21s this season and he has been head and shoulders above the other players on the pitch, what more can he do? Lankashear too, top scorer in the league and can’t even make the bench when Richarlison was out
Donley is an unique talent, his football IQ seems very high and his passes, goddamn, I don't see anyone in our first team with that vision for a pass, the guy needs opportunities asap, either here or on loan.

Back
Top Bottom