Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want Toney , think he is class . Hopefully Ange could handle the dickhead persona ( if true?)
Say what????

A professional footballer with a dickhead persona??

Will Smith Fainting GIF

RE: Brennan Johnson, the potential is clearly there, last season he was top 7 percent for xG, top 13 percent for expected assists, he just needs to develop some composure. He's just 22.

Getting the right winger is imperative but if we don’t get a striker that can control the ball with his back to play and bring others into the game we will always come up short. Our front three give it away more than they keep it and we can’t continue playing this way.
Spot on. Striker is the most essential position for us to buy this summer bar none. Son can't play with his back to goal and Richy can't stay fit (and isn't good enough in any case).

We need other positions too but we can muddle along without a RW or a new DM. Without a proper hold up striker who can bring others into play we are toast.

13 goals and 13 assists at 22 in the PL. Not many people his age with that output. Maybe Saka?

Does Son add much more than he does?
I'm a big Johnson fan and think he will do well this season, but Sonny is still a few levels above him. Sonny's numbers are great every year. He is a great winger and could score 20+ goals a season if he plays as striker, also nobody presses as well as Sonny. Hopefully Johnson can learn things from Sonny while we still have him.

Openda and Sesko dropping STINKERS today but Toney got an assist yesterday and played a key role in England winning but we're all ageist and prefer shiny new foreign toys from Temu I guess
Toney is a very good player.

People here have convinced themselves otherwise cos he plays for little old Brentford, doesn't bag 30 a season, and can be a bit of a knob in interviews. Big deal.

He's always a handful for defenders, can hold up anything chucked in his general vicinity, great first touch, can play with his back to goal, his link up play is top drawer, and he brings other players into the game. Plus he's cold as ice in the box.

We could do a LOT worse than him this summer, especially as you say by blowing 60-80m on one of these flavour of the month types on the continent like Sesko who could be very hit or miss in the Prem. Scammaca, Nunez, Hojlund; buying expensive strikers from the continent is risky business.

I'd wait til Brentford drop their price at the end of the window and then offer them 30-40. He would ball in a Spurs shirt I guarantee it.

Last edited:
Toney is a very good player.

People here have convinced themselves otherwise cos he plays for little old Brentford, doesn't bag 30 a season, and can be a bit of a knob in interviews. Big deal.

He's always a handful for defenders, can hold up anything chucked in his general vicinity, great first touch, can play with his back to goal, his link up play is top drawer, and he brings other players into the game. Plus he's cold as ice in the box.

We could do a LOT worse than him this summer, especially as you say by blowing 60-80m on one of these flavour of the month types on the continent like Sesko who could be very hit or miss in the Prem.

I'd wait til Brentford drop their price at the end of the window and then offer them 30-40. He would ball in a Spurs shirt I guarantee it.

If we could get one player from Brentford for me it would be Mbuemo

Back
Top Bottom