Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A major no from me. Guy has never played a full season of football in his life, he's a man hospital bed hybrid.

Best scoring season? 8. In the mighty Croatian league, which is about League One level.

Sure...good feet, versatile, can score & assists a few, got a great goal vs Brazil the other night. But no way he's built for PL football. He'd be out 3/4 of the season and whenever he'd play, one challenge and he's flying a la Gil.
I think he is better than what you think he is.
But I cannot envisage a scenario where Levy could negotiate with a Red Bull club.

Brentford have put a move for Antonio Nusa on hold and will reassess in the summer.
A club-record fee of £31.5million, including add-ons, had been agreed with Club Brugge, but the medical raised a number of concerns and the 18-year-old was sent back to Belgium.

I think he is better than what you think he is.
But I cannot envisage a scenario where Levy could negotiate with a Red Bull club.
It's not about what I think or how I rate him. Stats don't lie. His injury record is atrocious and he's nowhere near the A-list in terms of production.

Since 31 Dec '23 and the reported injury concerns that saw us duck out of a possible transfer (bad back and floating cartilage IIRC):

Conf Lg: 1 app > 6 mins
Int friendlies: 0 app (1 bench)
Belgian league: 6 apps > 313 mins
Belgian cup: 1 app > 70 mins

= 389 mins total.

+ 1 hamstring injury > 15 days
+ 1 spell off for “rest” > 8 days

Not much there to significantly ease any previous concerns.........

Last edited:
All the recent links like this guy, Gudmonsson, Marmoush.. all seem to be wide #10 types like Kulusevski

Which is what Eze is a combo of too and lots here are keen on him.

.............Truth is most of us are expecting to see the back of both GLC & Gil in the summer so there's a logic to such links.

Also; I keep saying it, but there's been little suggestion from the coaching/performance of our current crop that Ange is determined we play with trad. width and wing-play.

Last edited:

View: https://x.com/thespurswatch/status/1773346391181439378?s=46&t=fbqxNuG9CT4qTaiJx8mBjg

Most likely Spurs baiting from Fab but if the summer passes and we haven’t added a genuinely elite WF and CM, there’s arguments left, this isn’t a club interested in winning

Far too vague.

Nico Williams isn't a "superstar" yet he'd improve us and is exactly the right profile we need.

I imagine he means we won't be going out and spending upwards of 100m on someone like Leao or Kvara

Fabrizio is a clown, pointless trying to decipher what he says these days.
Hahaha

He’s bang on. We need to hope our rivals get their deals done early for Oshimen and Toney (Chelsea and Goons), so we get a run at second tier cheaper options and have a chance of closing the deal by 32nd Aug

Hahaha

He’s bang on. We need to hope our rivals get their deals done early for Oshimen and Toney (Chelsea and Goons), so we get a run at second tier cheaper options and have a chance of closing the deal by 32nd Aug

Yep. Sadly we might end up with cheap options like Vicario, Udogie and Sarr and second tier options like van de Ven.

Blasted club.

Back
Top Bottom