Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unbeaten in the last 5 trips to Stadium of Light. Won 3 out of it. All wins were 2-1 scoreline. Could have won by the same scoreline again last season if not for Kane own goal in the 82th min.

....as Eric Morrcambe once said to Andre Previn: we're playing all the right football, just not necessarily in the right order!

Remember that!

Eric kept calling him Andre Preview!

:eriksenlol:

Son going to play and get a goal. Once he does I'll be like:
1L4Hd7u.png
You'll be like Steve Perryman?? I'm sorry, I don't get the connection!

Oooooh the trembling can be felt all over Europe

You could put Trippier and Wimmer in there if you want, making it 4 players that have never kicked a ball in our shirt
Yes, usually when you buy new players that is the case. What new players would you have brought in that have played in our shirt before?
You love an argument so much you even contradict yourself. 'why haven't we bought this and that new DM'
Well I would say with 99.9% certainty that your new DM would have ' never kicked a ball in our shirt'
Dier has, so does that give him the edge?

Cue alert notification, 5,4,3 2, 1......

Yes, usually when you buy new players that is the case. What new players would you have brought in that have played in our shirt before?

My point is that we could have 4 of our outfield players on the bench that have never played for us. That would not be the case if they had been given some minutes to date now would it.

You love an argument so much you even contradict yourself. 'why haven't we bought this and that new DM'
Well I would say with 99.9% certainty that your new DM would have ' never kicked a ball in our shirt'
Dier has, so does that give him the edge?

Where is the contradiction in me thinking that we should have signed a DM and given him some time on the pitch in the last 4 games, and saying our bench is weak?

Cue alert notification, 5,4,3 2, 1......
Why ask questions if you dont want me to quote you back?

Last edited:
Exactly, which makes them not match fit....my entire original point.

Maybe you took offence to the use of the word fatigued? Who knows?
I could mention that the window left us unprepared at this stage, but fuck it.
You said our players are fatigued. I wouldn't class returning from injury as fatigue, they're regaining match fitness.

You provided a link for Kane - accepted that one. Fucking hate those comments by Poch, mind you. Publicly stating he is too tired to play 90 minutes of football in August. FFS.

My point is that we could 4 of our outfield players on the bench that have never played for us. That would not be the case if they had been given some minutes to dat now would it.

Where is the contradiction in me thinking that we should have signed a DM and given him some time on the pitch in the last 4 games, and saying our bench is weak?

Why ask questions if you dont want me to quote you back?
Not the answering back, it's was a sarcastic comment about the speed in which you do it.

No, there is a contradiction in saying you want new players and then slating new ones for not kicking a ball in our shirt before.

Stop being pedantic and selective.

Let's get to the point you made when I said the bench could have been Vorm, Son, Njie, Fazio, Davies, Bentaleb & Pritchard if all fit.
You said:
'Oooooh the trembling can be felt all over Europe. You could put Trippier and Wimmer in there if you want, making it 4 players that have never kicked a ball in our shirt.'

I said it's called new players.
Even if you would have got in the others you wanted, like a DM, they would have 'never kicked a ball in our shirt'

You then said.
My point is that we could 4 of our outfield players on the bench that have never played for us. That would not be the case if they had been given some minutes to dat now would it.

So, let's look at giving those 4 new players minutes,

We haven't been that far in a lead to give a run out to Wimmer or been doing so bad defensively.
N'jie is not up to the fitness levels expected.
Son has just got international clearance etc and could not have had any.
Tripper has been unlucky not to get some minutes.
We also haven't had any cup games or Europa league fixtures yet. I assume they will be getting minutes then.

So, it's not really feasible for them all to have had first team minutes is it?
However, people who have argumentative personalities usually make statements without thinking too much and then furiously defend them.

You don't have to reply. You don't have to selectively clip.

I can see your brain ticking over now. Your inevitable response may feature the words, transfer window, early , pre season & players.

I think it is time we won a fucking match.

Stoke been abject and yet we allowed them back in.

Even Watford have got a win now.

Typical Spurs, chaos in the PL and we struggle to get points on the board.

We need to win tomorrow just so I can start taking some pleasure from Chelsea's start. Thanks to other results, a loss tomorrow will see us in the bottom 3.

While my lack of faith in Poch is well documented since before he arrived here, I was genuinely encouraged by our tactics against Everton so I think we'll sneak a 2-1 win.

Not the answering back, it's was a sarcastic comment about the speed in which you do it.

No, there is a contradiction in saying you want new players and then slating new ones for not kicking a ball in our shirt before.

Stop being pedantic and selective.

Let's get to the point you made when I said the bench could have been Vorm, Son, Njie, Fazio, Davies, Bentaleb & Pritchard if all fit.
You said:
'Oooooh the trembling can be felt all over Europe. You could put Trippier and Wimmer in there if you want, making it 4 players that have never kicked a ball in our shirt.'

I said it's called new players.
Even if you would have got in the others you wanted, like a DM, they would have 'never kicked a ball in our shirt'

You then said.

So, let's look at giving those 4 new players minutes,

We haven't been that far in a lead to give a run out to Wimmer or been doing so bad defensively.
N'jie is not up to the fitness levels expected.
Son has just got international clearance etc and could not have had any.
Tripper has been unlucky not to get some minutes.
We also haven't had any cup games or Europa league fixtures yet. I assume they will be getting minutes then.

So, it's not really feasible for them all to have had first team minutes is it?
However, people who have argumentative personalities usually make statements without thinking too much and then furiously defend them.

You don't have to reply. You don't have to selectively clip.

I can see your brain ticking over now. Your inevitable response may feature the words, transfer window, early , pre season & players.

Where did I slate our new signings?
I would have liked our new players to have had some minutes, 4 games into a poor start to the season, rather than carry on with the same bunch of numpties that struggled last season.
I see no reason why Trippier couldnt have replaced Walker and Wimmer Jan or Toby for 20 minutes in any of the first three games to be honest.
Or why Njie hasnt made the bench yet.

I want them to have played already. How is it slating them? Im criticising Poch.

The bench is weak, and having 4 people on it that havent been given time on the pitch doesnt help it.

Where did I slate our new signings?
I would have liked our new players to have had some minutes, 4 games into a poor start to the season, rather than carry on with the same bunch of numpties that struggled last season.
I see no reason why Trippier couldnt have replaced Walker and Wimmer Jan or Toby for 20 minutes in any of the first three games to be honest.
Or why Njie hasnt made the bench yet.

I want them to have played already. How is it slating them? Im criticising Poch.

The bench is weak, and having 4 people on it that havent been given time on the pitch doesnt help it.

This sums you up:
I choose a team, with the players available, in a match thread.
You reply with:
"well that leaves a bench of: Vorm, Lamela, Davies, Winks, Carroll, Pritchard, Fazio'

Nothing constructive about the team selection or anything.

Conveniently leaving out Bentaleb, who could be fit, and Wimmer and Trippier just so you could make your point, which is what 'championship bench'?

When I point out that if all our players were fit we could have a bench of Vorm, Son, Njie, Fazio, Davies, Bentaleb & Pritchard, you reply with:

'Oooooh the trembling can be felt all over Europe You could put Trippier and Wimmer in there if you want, making it 4 players that have never kicked a ball in our shirt'

Notice how you have now added the players you purposely left out to make the bench seem shittier, i.e., 'championship' bench.
Rather than admit that without injuries - which every team suffers & which Spurs have suffered less of under MP - the bench would not be that bad, you now want to include them to make a new argument of ' a bench with 4 players who have never kicked a ball in our shirt'

Always making rash, selective statements to cause an argument and then switching tact to continue it. Classic argumentative personality disorder.

'

Because Harry kane is playing striker because he is our best striker and will be no1 choice but when he''s not available or rested (possibly thursday)then you will people putting Son as a striker in their line ups.

Only out of absolute necessity, we have no other option. The second we can't play Harry due to whatever reason, of which there will be plenty over 50-55 games, we are immediately having to work with makeshift options that would be considered emergency in any other squad, not immediate second choices. Nobody would put Son there if we had Heskey let alone Beharino.

Back
Top Bottom