Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He'e repeatedly doubled down on his willingness to stay on irrespective and has now, I understand, offered to take a pay cut.

:pochwtf:

Disclaimer: I work with hundreds of Barcodes and Mackems oop North, so this may actually be trolling. I can barely understand them, hahaha!

:sherwoodwtf:

(I know, I know! Think of what it takes to be sent to "The Wall" in Game of Thrones. It's like that, but slightly worse.)

:walkercry:

It's my Birthday and I've had a few scoobies/scoops.

:freundgoal:

COYMFS!

Bit of creative accounting with the sale no? Didn't Ellis Short say someone can have it for nothing if they pay the debt off? If so the club has no debt to outside people but would "owe" the new owner the sum they paid to eliminate the debt.

Bit of creative accounting with the sale no? Didn't Ellis Short say someone can have it for nothing if they pay the debt off? If so the club has no debt to outside people but would "owe" the new owner the sum they paid to eliminate the debt.
Wasn't the size of the debt absolutely huge? As in, far more than any League 1 club could possibly be worth, even if they were being given away for free?

I agree there's going to be more to this than meets the eye. I wonder if we'll be seeing their stadium being sold off or some other shite.

Wasn't the size of the debt absolutely huge? As in, far more than any League 1 club could possibly be worth, even if they were being given away for free?

I agree there's going to be more to this than meets the eye. I wonder if we'll be seeing their stadium being sold off or some other shite.

Yeah the debt is north of £200 million and there's players that where on £45-50k a week this season. No way to run a club in the position they're in

Coleman’s decision to join Sunderland is up there with the worst decisions ever in the game. Everyone could see this was madness.
Indeed. I've not got a clue what was going on in his head. He must have been aware that around Christmas-time tonnes of jobs become available. Sunderland was literally the worst club in the entire football league to plump for.

All the cache of taking Wales to the Euro semi-finals has gone down the toilet in a matter of months. Astounding.

Sunderland till I die is a fly on the wall documentary series on Netflix is a bittersweet, fascinating and often hilarious look at club succumbing to humbling second demotion in a row. You heart goes out to the people of Sunderland

Sunderland till I die is a fly on the wall documentary series on Netflix is a bittersweet, fascinating and often hilarious look at club succumbing to humbling second demotion in a row. You heart goes out to the people of Sunderland
Watched the first episode. Man, I don’t think the club had any thought of anything outside the top 6, let alone relegation. Painful. Can’t imagine what it’s like, especially for a club and city like Sunderland.

Watched the first episode. Man, I don’t think the club had any thought of anything outside the top 6, let alone relegation. Painful. Can’t imagine what it’s like, especially for a club and city like Sunderland.
It gets grimly addective as you know the fate me and my son watched 4 on the spin Simon grayson looks way out of his depth.

Can’t really sympathise if your ground holds 49,000 and you regularly have attendances of 8-13k

Highest they’ve had is 30k

All a bit fairweather to be honest

Back
Top Bottom