Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy: but I already did a video for the shit eaters! How dare they! Fake news! Anyway, forget about that and bring your mates to the villa game then we'll talk.

Edit: I can't say I'm that impressed with the trust but I'd pay the price of a villa ticket to see levy squirm under questioning of this variety.

Last edited:
It's pretty blatant and have been for years.
It's mesmerising how so many still refuse to see it though. In a constant state of denial. With every piece of evidence that comes to light, the more they close the curtains and withdraw under the blankets.

Their numbers are slowly dwindling, thankfully, but those that remain are becoming more resolute and fanatical the further down the table we slide.

Bizarre.

There is ZERO evidence of Enic taking money out of Spurs in the last 15/20 years - no dividends for example or loans from enic at inflated interest rates (both of which Glazers use to take money out of Man U..

If you think otherwise, please post an authentic source such as the accounts - here are the 2020 accounts for ease https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/33788/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2020.pdf others are on the OS.

Otherwise please don't post falsehoods.

The money doesn't go "out of the club".

It's goes into the company. And stays in the company through real estate developments. Making the company worth loads more.

Which is what investment banking is all about. Which kind of makes sense. Since we are owned by investment bankers.

How that is supposed to be a defence of ENIC and TG, well, lol, that kind of Spurs supporters I will never understand.

I think you need to look at Sunday’s attendance to know the feelings of the Spurs faithful right now. 53,000 turned up, which might seem a lot, but considering our stadium is just under 63,000 seater, that’s nearly 10,000 Spurs fans either not attending or just not purchasing. That’s a lot of supporters and the more this goes on, the worse it will get. I for one am glad we got a lower attendance, as it shows the fan base are slowly getting fed up. The club will know this too and most definitely will be monitoring that attendance Sunday.

I think you need to look at Sunday’s attendance to know the feelings of the Spurs faithful right now. 53,000 turned up, which might seem a lot, but considering our stadium is just under 63,000 seater, that’s nearly 10,000 Spurs fans either not attending or just not purchasing. That’s a lot of supporters and the more this goes on, the worse it will get. I for one am glad we got a lower attendance, as it shows the fan base are slowly getting fed up. The club will know this too and most definitely will be monitoring that attendance Sunday.
I have said before that I personally do not mind paying top prices for things in life if I'm getting a quality product.
And it's the same with spurs paying top money for tickets season or just match day is fine but to justify that we should be competing and winning trophies on a more consistent basis, the bare minimum I would expect is top four otherwise anything else on those prices is underachievement.

244014873_277550594372429_2027166043189759391_n.jpg

Look who turned up tonight for the meeting. Some say he is positive that talks will go well and they'll see his side of things.

Never a good sign for the manager when he starts showing up

And here we are.

What we have been saying all along. The FC is nothing but lease taker to be milked.
That’s how it feels. The club has been used to facilitate all the property purchase and development. It’s clever and it’s effective, but it has the impact of undermining the sporting competitiveness of the club.

The way things are, it could be right to assume, ENIC / Tavistock don’t really need the club itself to do anything further. And that’s why we have been reversing up the road for a while.

Anyway I don’t know why I get involved in threads like this. ENIC are what they are, they won’t be pushed out, they won’t change you’ll probably enjoy supporting Spurs much more if you just accept that. It’s not worth wasting the energy on fantasies. I had a billionaire uncle who was a tyrant, as soon as I just accepted he was what he was and wasn’t gonna buy me a Ferrari life was much more content.
i don’t support Spurs to be content. I do it for the angst , the ulcers and the sleepless nights after a defeat. Surely that is why we all support Spurs , if I wanted contentment I would get an allotment. No way baby, it’s stomach in a knot agony all the way for me

What’s the point in mentioning Atletico or Dortmund they aren’t in the PL. They have 1 or 2 clubs to compete with in their domestic league we have 5 or 6 and much more depth in PL. ok Atletico got to a CL final but so did we. It’s kind of a pointless comparison. There’s no club in the PL over say a 10 year span that consistently punches above their wage structure. Ok Leicester had a freak season and built well on that but let’s see over a decade how they look. In terms of the league we’ve probably been the most consistent reaching par or slightly going above it. This isn’t to say I’m happy with continuous groundhog season, I just think you’re being very unrealistic if you think you can have maintained success in PL without being a revenue juggernaut like United to an extent Liverpool or being petro backed.

Gonna ignore the PL fan ignorance which pretends other good clubs don't exist in other leagues when we've seen the likes of Leipzig, Sevilla, Villareal, Atalanta etc do fantastically well in European competitions of late. These other leagues have plenty of competition. And it would be absolutely possible for Spurs to utilize a similar model to Atletico or Dortmund.

And they got to a CL final twice, and won league and domestic titles, and go deep in Europe season after season. So yeah, pointless. And Leicester had a 'freak' season and then also won the FA cup recently, was that a freak too? Are any teams who win trophies who aren't the top 4 freak? Can we experience some of this luck please?

And we haven't even had success, let alone maintained. Stop avoiding the singular league cup trophy since ENIC took over. And Liverpool when the new owners took over were no revenue juggernaut at all, not even close. Their owners introduced moneyball and other smart ownership practises, and here we are. When they took over the club was in crisis, a mid-table team with the likes of Kyrgiakos starting. No huge amounts of money were pumped in.

ENIC apologists forever applauding mediocrity and telling us to be thankful we aren't in administration will never get old.

The club isn't interested in meeting The Trust.

Update on THST's request for meeting with THFC
7/10/2021

Last week, the Board of Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust asked the Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club for a meeting to discuss the Club’s medium to long-term strategy.
The Club has decided it does not want to address the questions many fans are asking. It has declined to speak to the Board of its official Supporters’ Trust.

Kinda like how Saddam Hussein wasn't really interested in counting votes at an election.

A huge part of this problem also is that we have a significant chunk of our fanbase that seem to love the "plucky little Tottenham" mentality, they are just happy with the mediocre and will defend this ownership and the lack of ambition it shows until the day they die.

It's sad watching so many of them just happy with paying for and watching these owners turn us into a corporate entertainment company and let the football side of the operation fall off of a cliff, they CELEBRATE our financial gains rather than our results, these people are not supporters of this club, they are supporters of the ownership.

I agree with every other thing you have said as well mate, it's really sad to see the club in its current state.

Bingo.

I blaime the transfer market over-focus and the football managment game.

It's as if they are more interested in bragging about the owners wheeling and dealing, rather than the football.

A huge part of this problem also is that we have a significant chunk of our fanbase that seem to love the "plucky little Tottenham" mentality, they are just happy with the mediocre and will defend this ownership and the lack of ambition it shows until the day they die.

It's sad watching so many of them just happy with paying for and watching these owners turn us into a corporate entertainment company and let the football side of the operation fall off of a cliff, they CELEBRATE our financial gains rather than our results, these people are not supporters of this club, they are supporters of the ownership.

I agree with every other thing you have said as well mate, it's really sad to see the club in its current state.

This is it. 55k plebs in over priced tickets makes no difference to ENIC. The 5k massively expensive corporate seats they now sell (I made up the numbers btw) at £20k a season, that's a different story. Most of those people probably aren't Spurs fans, they're just for bribing clients

I’m glad that the trust does these things and tries to joke the club accountable, but ultimately the answers are always the same.

Q) Why aren’t you spending more? A) Well actually we’ve just spent 80m in the summer window including 47m on a CB, that’s quite a significant sum, don’t you think? Transfers are very difficult, especially in this market
Q) Why are the ticket prices so high? A) Actually you’ll find that the rates are quite competitive considering the quality of the competition and the local market we operate in.
Q) Why is the team so shit? A) Well we’re all disappointed in the current results and working very hard to get it turned around.

It’s all dodges, obfuscations, and half truths. We conduct the same ritual every two-ish years and it’s always the same.

Ultimately, you see it up and down the country at numerous clubs Woolwich, Newcastle, Villa, etc. that fans have very little power to impact a club’s level of ambition or alter the treatment of fans. The only way to really get their attention is to hit their pocketbook, but ultimately one of the crucial parts of fandom is loyalty. Plus, it hardly seems a fair trade to give up something you love because a bunch of nameless and faceless suited cunts are running it into the ground.

If the whole fan base isn’t united behind what essentially would have to be a boycott, they’ll still make their money anyway. Even then that might not be enough, it’s not like you’re going to corporate box types and tourists on board with you.

We know they don’t give a toss who fill the seats, hell during the ESL debacle they practically went as far to say they’d be pleased if there were fewer gobby “legacy fans” attending. There‘s just not a lot to be realistically done. Though I respect the trust for trying.
Reading this has made me very sad now

:memeokay:

Last edited:
That’s how it feels. The club has been used to facilitate all the property purchase and development. It’s clever and it’s effective, but it has the impact of undermining the sporting competitiveness of the club.

The way things are, it could be right to assume, ENIC / Tavistock don’t really need the club itself to do anything further. And that’s why we have been reversing up the road for a while.

It's pretty blatant and have been for years.

True but the brand has to be appealing. If it is utter turd on the pitch it will lose that appeal. And especially so if it was championship football
Those box packages include access to Boxing, concerts etc ? If they do, then the home club becomes ever less relevant. You can go to the stadium to watch Guns and Roses and Manchester United. The owners don’t give a fuck who you are here to see as long as you walk through the door.

2o1Y7ts.png

Back
Top Bottom