Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's after the money for himself, which he's chosen the best route. The club being in top 10 valuable football club is what he's after. The cost of winning trophies by investing more, playing the probability against oil clubs, and other big spenders may mean less profit for him. Prioritizing in infrastructure is more profitable long term, even when the club going no where in term of trophy.

He's a business man first. Being football club owner is an accessory title for him.

Bingo.

I wouldn't be suprised if the next step was buying up sports infrastructure elsewhere in the UK, e.g. bailing out lesser clubs by paying out, developing and leasing back their own infrastructure.

Really promising ? They look bang average hence our mid table status with a mediocre manager .
I disagree re: Romero, Emerson and Gill, they look decent to me.

Mediocre (manager) is generous. Mediocre and ill suited to our players and the requirements of the club is more like it

Romero was serie A defender of the year, Messi was begging for him at Barcelona.
Bryan is Spain U21 captain and now a full international at 20
Emerson a Brazilian full international

Certainly bit harsh to label them as mediocre.

Effectively we have the 5/6th highest revenue and wage bill. Bar last season when came 7th we’ve been top 6 for a decade. So again I’m struggling to see it as a mess. Do I wish ENIC would stump up some of their own money of course, do I wish they never bad a decision of course. But bar a trophy their on pitch performance in last decade is pretty much exactly what it should be if not better in terms of the league.

As said this is a completely different argument from hoping they’d inject Abramovich type money into the club.

Last edited:
Romero was serie A defender of the year, Messi was begging for him at Barcelona.

Effectively we have the 5/6th highest revenue and wage bill. Bar last season when came 7th we’ve been top 6 for a decade. So again I’m struggling to see it as a mess. Do I wish ENIC would stump up some of their own money of course, do I wish they never bad a decision of course. But bar a trophy their on pitch performance in last decade is pretty much exactly what it should be if not better in terms of the league.

As said this is a completely different argument from hoping they’d inject Abramovich type money into the club.

I love the angle this is taking.

It's ENIC. Or it's Abramovich.

As if it's completely unfathomable to question, why the FCs football operations should be financing the companys growth, not the other way round.

I disagree re: Romero, Emerson and Gill, they look decent to me.

Mediocre (manager) is generous. Mediocre and ill suited to our players and the requirements of the club is more like it

They look decent, but nothing more. No seeming impact around the corner, not too much of a raise of the first XI so far. That may change.

However the players themselves are not trial here. The succes of the ENIC governance and it's transfer "strategy" is.

I love the angle this is taking.

It's ENIC. Or it's Abramovich.

As if it's completely unfathomable to question, why the FCs football operations should be financing the companys growth, not the other way round.

The only way we get to where some people dream of is with Abramovich Mansour type money it really is that simple. Everything about Spurs apart from the stadium is a 5th/7th club in England and that’s where we finish most seasons. However I personally believe Lewis has the money to do it he just doesn’t want to take us to that Elite level. My whole response was people saying the club is a mess. It isn’t it’s just not at an ultimate elite level on the pitch. But then Spurs have never been that club anyway, if we had 20 league titles and were languishing in 5/6th I could understand you calling it a mess. Trust me clubs like Villa Leeds Everton Newcastle would love to have been in such as mess as us last decade.

The only way we get to where some people dream of is with Abramovich Mansour type money it really is that simple. Everything about Spurs apart from the stadium is a 5th/7th club in England and that’s where we finish most seasons. However I personally believe Lewis has the money to do it he just doesn’t want to take us to that Elite level. My whole response was people saying the club is a mess. It isn’t it’s just not at an ultimate elite level on the pitch. But then Spurs have never been that club anyway, if we had 20 league titles and were languishing in 5/6th I could understand you calling it a mess. Trust me clubs like Villa Leeds Everton Newcastle would love to have been in such as mess as us last decade.

No it isn't. We could compete with a competent model which resembles that of Dortmund, or even by spending in line with an Atletico Madrid, who are no wealthier than we are. And whilst we're a smaller club than a Liverpool, we actually had a big advantage over them in terms of squad ability not so long ago, they just made better decisions than we did. They didn't spend a huge amount in net terms. They hired a top manager, recruited brilliant data analysis staff, gathered together a competent transfer committee . i.e most of the things we're missing.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to win titles on a Cityesque basis. One trophy would be nice. Some indication the club has ambition to try and compete for a top 4 spot would be also be appreciated. Bit bored of people portraying our fans as spoiled/demanding too much, we've won one league cup under ENIC. We're about as successful honours wise as Swansea City, and less so than Wigan.

And mess is relative. You can think our strategy and recent slide resembles a mess without claiming it is the utter disaster of a Leeds or a Newcastle. Acting like we should all be thankful ENIC hasn't thrown us in to administration is reaaaaalllyy stretching to defend them.

But ... but that was literally my point? You setting up a false premise: It's ENIC or it's broke.

An openly false premise.

What is being repeatedly suggested, is that ENIC should finance their own infrastructure projects and leave the FC to operate it's own organic growth from it's income. And with the TV windfall and CL there has been plenty of it.

Yet we are reduced to delayed signings, swaps and loans.

It's bogus. That simple.

In average attendance numbers, for someone abroad, prob not.
But as I have heard how hard it is to get to THS, the capacity % seems a worry. No ?

I think average attendance is one of those statistics that can be used on both sides of the argument. Those looking for something negative will focus on the % and see that we’re 16th in that table, but those looking for the positives will focus on the actual attendance numbers and see that we have the 3rd highest average attendance for the season so far beaten only by Man Utd and Woolwich.

If we take Sunday out we average 58664 which is 94.5% so it shows how one game can affect numbers. It remains to be seen whether Sunday’s low figure is an outlier or start of a pattern, but I don’t think things are as bad as people are making out with regards to attendances. It’s still early in the season and a lot of the factors that affected early attendances no longer apply. We’re no longer in the summer holiday season, we’re mostly back to normal after COVID and most people are vaccinated so going out more, we hopefully won’t have the public transport shit show of this weekend again, etc. I’m confident attendance is not something to be concerned about and things will improve.

Considering how poor the last few games have been, where we finished in the league last season, and the disillusionment around the club/team I think having the third highest average attendance is a positive. Focus on the loyal fans that do go rather than those that didn’t.

Talk about embellished truths
Romero has all of 5 caps for Argentina and Messi isn't a scout. 1 season playing well isn't a sign of long term success.
Gil got a call up once because of an injury for the last qualifiers. He's not in the squad for this round.
When exactly was Emerson Royal a full international? Hes not in the Brazilian squad now, wasn't in the last one.
We probably have the only 2 Brazilian players in the Premier league who don't get called up.

What’s the point in mentioning Atletico or Dortmund they aren’t in the PL. They have 1 or 2 clubs to compete with in their domestic league we have 5 or 6 and much more depth in PL. ok Atletico got to a CL final but so did we. It’s kind of a pointless comparison. There’s no club in the PL over say a 10 year span that consistently punches above their wage structure. Ok Leicester had a freak season and built well on that but let’s see over a decade how they look. In terms of the league we’ve probably been the most consistent reaching par or slightly going above it. This isn’t to say I’m happy with continuous groundhog season, I just think you’re being very unrealistic if you think you can have maintained success in PL without being a revenue juggernaut like United to an extent Liverpool or being petro backed.

I don’t wanna say deluded, but I think some people have a slightly skewed view of what this club is. Since WW2 we’ve never had a more consistent league period the 60s was the closest. We’ve literally never been a consistent league team in our entire history. Yes we won some cups, and we’ve had those chances in the last decade but blown it at the last hurdle. So apart from a few 90 minute performances the club is in no worse place than we’ve been in our entire history. Have a scroll through our league finishes since WW2. The only way we become a consistent elite league team is with massive investment everything else is just pissing in the wind basically.

Back
Top Bottom