Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And thats the problem.....I thought there was a pride in this team that form and hard work got you in the start 11 rather than being a name.

Shame for Son (and Spurs) that destroying Dortmund in AM sees you shunted into LB to accommodate one of the un droppables

Not really - Son was left back because Davies wasn't fit

Alli isn't not going to be dropped from the PL because he's undroppable - just that Poch will rotate and he isn't available for Europe

I dont care who's wrong.

My opinion is that Dele played shit yesterday and should have been subbed off, not Son.

Thats it, everything else has been created by you and salmon simply because you disagree and think he played well. Just accept my opinion, you dont have a duty to prove me wrong about it
I haven't tried to prove you wrong. I suspect you are wrapped up in an argument with someone whose posts I don't read and are getting confused.
My complaint has been your polarised form of criticism

Just as a side-note Alli is a quality player who in my humble opinion has earned the 'right' to a few off-colour performance on the fact he's been pure class for 90% of the time. There is no one better in the team to replace him and Poch will never drop him. Even the very best have gone through patches of 3-4 games of average form but always come back because ability doesn't simply disappear. You cannot expect someone to score and assist every game - not even Messi / Ronaldo did that in their peak

I believe
340x.gif

Jan is a better LB than Son and we could have played Son as AM. Dele is only undroppable because the manager is making it that way

He obviously wanted to play the 343 formation

I would have preferred 4231 with Vertonghen left back.....but I don't have either the full knowledge of the situation or the ability that Poch does

Why, whenever I dip into this forum looking for a bit of solace among my fellow yids after a disappointing result does it always descend into a one-upmanship, pissing contest among the same old suspects?

It gets bloody boring / tiring. No wonder I stay away!

I dont care who's wrong.

My opinion is that Dele played shit yesterday and should have been subbed off, not Son.

Thats it, everything else has been created by you and salmon simply because you disagree and think he played well. Just accept my opinion, you dont have a duty to prove me wrong about it

From where I was sitting Son was dead on his feet just before he was subbed, he looked like he had nothing else to give.

Probably the left wing back position taking its toll.

First half has been ruined for me by the rinsed out Paxton cunts around me complaining to the Wembley stewards till they chucked a guy out.
Bit more on this. It was a continuation of the arguments between the Paxton moaners further back than about row 10 and the Park Lane mob at the front standing in block 35. It's been going on for about 3 games and the Paxton are shouting "siddaan" for a few minutes then calling the stewards. They are Wembley stewards, no Spurs stewards about at all. Today after 4 attempts the stewards chucked a guy out from the stadium. For not sitting down ffs.

All the time they happily let the whole of Block 34 stand so if you follow stewards advice and sit down in block 35 you cant see about a thitd of the pitch.

This whole shit storm ruined the game for me even before the blandness on the pitch.

Later on there was another scuffle between one of the standers and I don't know who which ended with the guy being pushed down the stairs.

Wembley is really a shit hole and I wish I had never bought a ST there.

Dele had a bad game but dropping him for a few poor performances would be akin to dropping Harry because he doesn't score in August. He's really, really good and can change a game by himself. That and he's out of Europe until November so no sense in rotating him when he can't play in the Champions League anyhow.

Bit more on this. It was a continuation of the arguments between the Paxton moaners further back than about row 10 and the Park Lane mob at the front standing in block 35. It's been going on for about 3 games and the Paxton are shouting "siddaan" for a few minutes then calling the stewards. They are Wembley stewards, no Spurs stewards about at all. Today after 4 attempts the stewards chucked a guy out from the stadium. For not sitting down ffs.

All the time they happily let the whole of Block 34 stand so if you follow stewards advice and sit down in block 35 you cant see about a thitd of the pitch.

This whole shit storm ruined the game for me even before the blandness on the pitch.

Later on there was another scuffle between one of the standers and I don't know who which ended with the guy being pushed down the stairs.

It's likely to carry over to the NuLane so I thing this is just the way it's going to be. I wonder, is it possible to have your seat moved?

Thats horrible to hear. Got family and mates who are not enjoying it one little bit there....the whole thing with this in fighting just stinks of the OS. The attendances are nowhere near capacity anyway, so no idea why we needed 90,000.

On a side note about the people leaving early discussion, its up to them, but I find it weird that the fans wanted Wembley, then leave early because its a cunt to get out of

Simple fact is we had our chances to score yesterday and didn't
Son and a decent chance and Harry had 3.
We were clinical midweek, but weren't yesterday.
The one that hit the bar should have gone in.
Swansea were like that away last season, and at home it was only a dubious penalty that got us in front.

If we would have taken one of the chances first half they would have had to come out and play.
They also got result at Anfield last year, and draws against Man U away and Chelsea home.

On a side note about the people leaving early discussion, its up to them, but I find it weird that the fans wanted Wembley, then leave early because its a cunt to get out of
They would leave even earlier from Stadium:MK because it's even harder to get home from. As I said earlier in the thread, Wembley is the best option. It's the best option financially. It's the best option travel wise. And it's the best option for what atmpshere we might be able to muster.

Also, travel is bad around WHL as well, and the idea that nobody ever left earlier there, including ST holders, is revisionism.

They would leave even earlier from Stadium:MK because it's even harder to get home from. As I said earlier in the thread, Wembley is the best option. It's the best option financially. It's the best option travel wise. And it's the best option for what atmpshere we might be able to muster.

Also, travel is bad around WHL as well, and the idea that nobody ever left earlier there, including ST holders, is revisionism.

Maybe it's the best option for some, but not for others.

Maybe some people would sacrifice proximity and 30,000 empty seats for a real football ground.

But each to their own. Those that prefer Wembley must be having a nice experience there so for lots of Spurs fans it's the best venue and I'm glad they are happy.

For some others it's not a good experience at all though but tough shit I guess, nothing to do about it

Thats horrible to hear. Got family and mates who are not enjoying it one little bit there....the whole thing with this in fighting just stinks of the OS. The attendances are nowhere near capacity anyway, so no idea why we needed 90,000.

Fans left WHL early too.
It takes 10 minutes to get out of the stadium at Wembley!
Wembley is not a great stadium. I came to that conclusion a while back.
They had the chance to make it something special.
In my opinion the lower tier is too low a rake.its lower than the Emirates.
The old Wembley was a shit hole, but I think they missed a chance to make it a really intimidating ground with a great atmosphere.

Ten things I'd rather not see again...

1) Son at LWB
2) Trippier at LWB
3) Sissoko at RWB
4) In general, non-wing backs playing as wing backs
5) Bringing on Llorente and then not crossing the ball to him for 20 minutes
6) Mike Dean
7) Dele not playing to the whistle
8) Davinson doing that odd non-tackle half-hearted push thing he did
9) Hugo hitting clearances to opposition attackers
10) Mike Dean again

Sissoko in a spurs shirt full stop. Surely kwp can do a better job. It's not really that hard to beat a sissoko performance.

Back
Top Bottom