Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yea the great striker Dele Alli, who scores goals for fun. Sure lump it up to him.

At least we scored 2 goals vs wolves. Against Leipzig we actually needed to score being a goal down already and didnt try at all and the like of Dier lumped it like twats instead.
Dele Alli was involved in one aerial duel against RBL, and lost it.

Sorry but despite the woeful finishing and bad decision making in the final third which has cost us for five years, I see vast improvement in the way we are actually using the ball to get into the box in the first place.

Isn’t that what Ndombele is for? Yet his shit effort led to the team going long and bypassing him as your first half videos have shown.

I think you’ve inadvertently undone your point here personally

Regardless of who plays, we see the same issues; being overrun in midfield and more long balls than you could shake a stick at. What kind of coaching are they getting?
I never disagreed with this. We are obviously not doing well.

This does not excuse Ndombele making ZERO sprints.

He's not. But if we are garbage with him, and garbage without him, what does that say?
That we are garbage and 7th in the table?

Doesn't mean the players' individual performances are irrelevant or somehow nothing to do with themselves.

Lo Celso has managed to have several great performances. Ndombele hasn't. That is 100% down to himself.

Sorry but despite the woeful finishing and bad decision making in the final third which has cost us for five years, I see vast improvement in the way we are actually using the ball to get into the box in the first place.

Isn’t that what Ndombele is for? Yet his shit effort led to the team going long and bypassing him as your first half videos have shown.

I think you’ve inadvertently undone your point here personally

But Mourinho himself said the plan was to sit deep and shell for 60 minutes. Hence 5CB’s and the ball continuously being lumped, even when there were options to pass it.

Ndombele’s has three league starts in three months, does Mourinho expect him to just come in - away in that set up with 5 CB’s in a CM2 with a 19yo next to him who played 120 minutes a few days previously, saw much less ball than he did and virtually no options ahead of them - and play like a player who has been playing every week for 4 months?

What was he (and everyone else) expecting, seriously?

You were making excuses for Dier’s performances for the last 2 years, and he was never fucking dynamic either, and had a lot less talent.

He’s not fucking Edgar Davids and he never will be, but he does have bags of ability, even Carragher said that, but we need to judge him when he’s had a run of games to get match fit and playing in a CM3, which is how he was playing when we bought him.

But Mourinho himself said the plan was to sit deep and shell for 60 minutes. Hence 5CB’s and the ball continuously being lumped, even when there were options to pass it.

Ndombele’s has three league starts in three months, does Mourinho expect him to just come in - away in that set up with 5 CB’s in a CM2 with a 19yo next to him who played 120 minutes a few days previously, saw much less ball than he did and virtually no options ahead of them - and play like a player who has been playing every week for 4 months?

What was he (and everyone else) expecting, seriously?

You were making excuses for Dier’s performances for the last 2 years, and he was never fucking dynamic either, and had a lot less talent.

He’s not fucking Edgar Davids and he never will be, but he does have bags of ability, even Carragher said that, but we need to judge him when he’s had a run of games to get match fit and playing in a CM3, which is how he was playing when we bought him.
Ahh so when Jose says something you think think exempts Ndombele from being shit it’s all about Jose suddenly......

I expect Ndombele to not be shite.
In any system, in any formation and with any player alongside him.

That’s what I expect. Just to not be shit.

Ahh so when Jose says something you think think exempts Ndombele from being shit it’s all about Jose suddenly......

But you’ve been making excuses for Dier being shit for two years. How come he gets excuses?

That we are garbage and 7th in the table?

Doesn't mean the players' individual performances are irrelevant or somehow nothing to do with themselves.

Lo Celso has managed to have several great performances. Ndombele hasn't. That is 100% down to himself.
We used a 5-2-3 in the first half against Burnley. We used the same formation against RBL. In the first half against Burnley, we were told we had "no midfield." RBL tore us apart in the middle third. Different personnel to the first half against Burnley. Would you say we have any structural issues?

Where is the midfield, José?

Where is the fight, José?

Where is the organisation, José?

Do you seriously expect to see the best of Ndombele, have his first season in a new league, new country, a club in utter disarray, injury problems, ad hoc starts once a month, in a side that never plays the same team or tactics two games running, 2 managers, no DM, in a CM2 that doesn’t really suit his attributes?

I don’t know if Ndombele will ultimately work out, but I want to see him given a proper chance in the right set up, because if we can get the best out of him, he has fairly unique skills that we are desperately missing.

Last edited:
Do you seriously expect to see the best of Ndombele, have his first season in a new league, new country, a club in utter disarray, injury problems, ad hoc starts once a month, I’d m a side that never plays the same team or tactics two games running, 2 managers, no DM, in a CM2 that doesn’t really suit his attributes?

I don’t know if Ndombele will ultimately work out, but I want to see him given a proper chance in the right set up, because if we can get the best out of him, he has fairly unique skills that we are desperately missing.

But he didn’t say that he expected the best of Ndombele
He said he expected him not to be shit

Huge difference

Not like you to deliberately misinterpret posters.......

But you’ve been making excuses for Dier being shit for two years. How come he gets excuses?
Because we’ve needed to utilise a DM for two years but haven’t even looked to upgrade the position despite the “most progressive” manager on the planet watching teams waltz through our midfield.

If we won’t sign a new DM then I’ll champion using the one we have.

I have not once backed Jose’s decision to play him CB either, and find it absurd when we have four CBs and no DM.

As told you, if Dier is poor I’ll hold him accountable for he does on the pitch.

If “making excuses” is not blaming him because Eriksen was shit, or Ndombele is a lazy oaf, then so be it.

Do you seriously expect to see the best of Ndombele, have his first season in a new league, new country, a club in utter disarray, injury problems, ad hoc starts once a month, I’d m a side that never plays the same team or tactics two games running, 2 managers, no DM, in a CM2 that doesn’t really suit his attributes?

Have I said “the best” of him?

Nope, just “not shit”

Back
Top Bottom