Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele is training with the team.
Edit: It´s not Ndombele wearing the hat, it´s Aurier. Ndombele still out.

Last edited:
Saw Aurier without a hat tho.....
409-CDE43-0-F99-42-BE-88-D5-03-BA7-D4380-CB.png

Based on results since Mourinho took over, we're 4th in the table.

We were 14th in the table when Pochettino was sacked, so whatever about the grumbling about the style, there has been some improvement.
In recent weeks there has been a marked improvement.
And I’m a firm Jose backer, so give lots of the credit to him.

For me though, the players have a lot to answer for and make up for next season.

In recent weeks there has been a marked improvement.
And I’m a firm Jose backer, so give lots of the credit to him.

For me though, the players have a lot to answer for and make up for next season.

We're distinctly average, but lets not lose sight of the fact either that Chelsea and Man U are no great shakes. Both are on 63 points in 3rd and 4th place going into the last round of games. I believe that will be the lowest points total in the Premier League era for 3rd and 4th place. We seemed to be finishing 5th every year back in the days of Harry and AVB posting 72 and 73 points. In seasons 2007/08 and 2008/09, Woolwich and Chavs both finished in 3rd with 83 points.

I was reading there today that the Chavs have conceded 54 goals in the league this seasons. 5th from bottom Brighton have conceded one less, 53.

Man U were hyped up as the reincarnation of the Busby Babes when they had a run of 4 straight wins (three against 5 teams, Bournemouth, Brighton and Villa). They've reverted to looking fairly shit again over last 4 games.

I supposes the point I'm essentially making is, if Jose gets a few of the players he wants into our problem positions, the climb back into the Top 4 next seasons might not be as steep as a lot of people seem to think. I keep harking back to it, but that dodgy late penalty Man U got first game back really bugs me. That finished our season off, killed off any possible momentum. A win there and we could have built up a head of steam.

I'll say it, I think Ndombele will still be a success with Spurs, and ultimately worth the transfer fee.

I think the Jose sees the talent, sees that the effort is lacking, and is challenging him to improve and become the player he can. I think Tanguy will eventually embrace that challenge and we'll be better off for it.

I'm hopeful we'll start to see the player we (most of us anyway) thought he could be next season.

If I'm wrong, and he's sold, so be it. But I choose to be hopeful right now.

I'll say it, I think Ndombele will still be a success with Spurs, and ultimately worth the transfer fee.

I think the Jose sees the talent, sees that the effort is lacking, and is challenging him to improve and become the player he can. I think Tanguy will eventually embrace that challenge and we'll be better off for it.

I'm hopeful we'll start to see the player we (most of us anyway) thought he could be next season.

If I'm wrong, and he's sold, so be it. But I choose to be hopeful right now.
To hope is to dare

Back
Top Bottom