Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm hopeful we'll start to see the player we (most of us anyway) thought he could be next season.

Man, I really hope so. I'm such a sucker for his ability but it's been nothing but negative signs from him since the turn of the year.

I think a wild confluence of factors have resulted in the player chalking down his English experience as something to write off and he'd like to start again elsewhere.

I imagine the Poch pre-season was something his body was completely unprepared for and it's all just spiraled from there. I really hope Jose makes it his mission in the coming weeks to ensure the player of his importance and get him onside for a strong course of preparation for the coming season.

I know one thing for sure with this guy - either we need to get a tune out of him and he plays and forms an integral part of the midfield, or he needs to be moved on and sold.

The current situation isn't doing anyone any good. We aren't Man City where we can afford to have a player of his expense just sat on his arse.

I know one thing for sure with this guy - either we need to get a tune out of him and he plays and forms an integral part of the midfield, or he needs to be moved on and sold.

The current situation isn't doing anyone any good. We aren't Man City where we can afford to have a player of his expense just sat on his arse.
It’s a very precarious position really. We have on our hands a potential world class talent, whom the manager clearly doesn’t trust/want. So logic dictates if the manager doesn’t want him we should get rid. However, I think it’s very plausible that Mourinho won’t last all of next season, so selling Ndombele and seeing him go on to be another De Bruyne/Salah for a rival would be disastrous.

It’s a similar situation to when Mourinho clearly wanted Martial sold in the summer of 18/19 but United put the foot down and said he’s going nowhere. Personally I think we should do the same.

It’s a very precarious position really. We have on our hands a potential world class talent, whom the manager clearly doesn’t trust/want. So logic dictates if the manager doesn’t want him we should get rid. However, I think it’s very plausible that Mourinho won’t last all of next season, so selling Ndombele and seeing him go on to be another De Bruyne/Salah for a rival would be disastrous.

It’s a similar situation to when Mourinho clearly wanted Martial sold in the summer of 18/19 but United put the foot down and said he’s going nowhere. Personally I think we should do the same.
I don't believe we should use "trust/want" interchangeably here.

He may not trust or want him.

He may want him, but not trust him (yet).

I believe it's the latter, and that his trust can still be earned.

But few really know what the situation is.

It would be better for all if he could get a run of games at least to prove himself.

Don't think he's actually started 2 games in a row has he since Jose took over?

I'd like to get a proper look at him in a run of games but right now the odd few minutes he gets off the bench do fuck all for him or the team.

Now I understand why most on here think you never watch any football.
It was tongue in cheek, but you’ll find most people on here start agreeing with me two years down the line when it becomes a reality.

Maybe you didn’t see him destroying Mane in the center of the pitch? Not so far fetched for a CB to play CM.

Seems like it’s you who never watched a game, it happens all the time.
I’d rather he played CM than full back

Last edited:
I hope so.

I don't see how a player whose attitude is this bad can permanently turn things round.

If this goes through, it will be the second player we've sold to Inter who didn't give a shit.

On that metric Inter would be looking to sell him in 6 months for a 500% mark-up. :eriksenserious:

It’s Levy trying to keep the price high.
Don’t think you can be sure of that, if Ndombele goes after one season it is Levy’s failure aswell. He doesn’t want his record signing to be a dud, I’m sure he would sell any one of our players if the right offer came in but I also don’t think he actually wants Tanguy to go with out giving him a chance to settle. He’s seen how much better players of ours can be in their second season.

Jose might want shot if Tanguy but who knows how long jose will be around, Tanguy’s contract is longer than Jose’s and he is a way more valuable asset to levy if he comes good.

Don’t think you can be sure of that, if Ndombele goes after one season it is Levy’s failure aswell. He doesn’t want his record signing to be a dud, I’m sure he would sell any one of our players if the right offer came in but I also don’t think he actually wants Tanguy to go with out giving him a chance to settle. He’s seen how much better players of ours can be in their second season.

Jose might want shot if Tanguy but who knows how long jose will be around, Tanguy’s contract is longer than Jose’s and he is a way more valuable asset to levy if he comes good.

It's not in our interest to appear desperate to sell, the club is just maintaining a sensible posture when it comes to journalists. Playing a straight bat.

If Inter put £50m on the table then Ndombele will be gone in one second, I think Mourinho would rather roll the dice again on finding that Dembele replacement than have to pray for Ndombele to come good. I just don't see it, I don't see it on the pitch and I don't see it off the pitch. We never hear from him, he never speaks to the media about how he is determined to succeed here. All we hear is stories in the French media that he will never speak to Mourinho again and wants to leave.

Even Foyth did an interview the other day where he said he's happy to stay and fight for his place, etc, and he's played even less than Ndombele. The overall impression I get is of a player who is just not that bothered about succeeding at this club, about taking the trust we put in him seriously. We spent an incredible amount to bring him here and doesn't seem to really feel that expectation. People might criticise Pogba but I think he at least feels some obligation to perform due to the money the club invested in him. Ndombele just seems to be coasting. If someone signs a 200k a week contract and on the first day walks in with their slippers on, it's not a good sign. I don't get the feeling that this player is bothered about succeeding at Tottenham.

It's not in our interest to appear desperate to sell, the club is just maintaining a sensible posture when it comes to journalists. Playing a straight bat.

If Inter put £50m on the table then Ndombele will be gone in one second, I think Mourinho would rather roll the dice again on finding that Dembele replacement than have to pray for Ndombele to come good. I just don't see it, I don't see it on the pitch and I don't see it off the pitch. We never hear from him, he never speaks to the media about how he is determined to succeed here. All we hear is stories in the French media that he will never speak to Mourinho again and wants to leave.

Even Foyth did an interview the other day where he said he's happy to stay and fight for his place, etc, and he's played even less than Ndombele. The overall impression I get is of a player who is just not that bothered about succeeding at this club, about taking the trust we put in him seriously. We spent an incredible amount to bring him here and doesn't seem to really feel that expectation. People might criticise Pogba but I think he at least feels some obligation to perform due to the money the club invested in him. Ndombele just seems to be coasting. If someone signs a 200k a week contract and on the first day walks in with their slippers on, it's not a good sign. I don't get the feeling that this player is bothered about succeeding at Tottenham.

Tanguy doesn’t speak much English, yet you want him to forcefully come out to the ENGLISH press and articulately declare his commitment to fight for his place?

Even Foyth did an interview the other day where he said he's happy to stay and fight for his place, etc, and he's played even less than Ndombele.

TBF, on a couple of occasions he tweeted things like "nothing to see" and "no problems" when french media chat arose.

The overall impression I get is of a player who is just not that bothered about succeeding at this club, about taking the trust we put in him seriously. We spent an incredible amount to bring him here and doesn't seem to really feel that expectation. People might criticise Pogba but I think he at least feels some obligation to perform due to the money the club invested in him. Ndombele just seems to be coasting. If someone signs a 200k a week contract and on the first day walks in with their slippers on, it's not a good sign. I don't get the feeling that this player is bothered about succeeding at Tottenham.

I understand some of this but not everyone is a chest-beater.

Pogba: Plenty of Man U fans would have told you the opposite at different times.

Back
Top Bottom