Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can anyone knock that or appreciate that talent compared to the crap our preferred CM pair offered? One bit of play there where he receives the ball from a throw in deep in our half and turn the player then plays the ball forward. Image if that was sissoko for one he would even offer himself, two he’d be pointing to throw the ball to someone else and three if he did get the ball do you think he’d turn and move forward like ndombele or much likely the ball bounce off him!

I so want Tanguy to come good. There is no doubt that he has that silky class that is Tottenham personified. I said in a previous post that I really do believe he can become a Spurs legend but it really depends on 1: if he really wants to and 2: if he’ll get the opportunity to show what he can do. If he can’t be arsed, then quite happy to cut our losses, get rid of him. Jose won’t cut his nose off to spite his face, so I’m sure, if he thinks he can get the best out of him, he’ll give him the chances. Over to you Tanguy, come on mate, don’t be a Bentley, please.

What injury ? Was it ever disclosed or was he faking ?

Early in the season he had a hamstring injury and then later on he had a groin injury. I recall his teeth causing him some level of discomfort.

I have a feeling the injury before the end of the season was made up because Jose was sick of being asked every five seconds about him.

I hope he comes out of the gates with a point to prove or is sold. Another season of him not bothering to warm up will be taking the piss. Hopefully PEH will help to unlock his potential but it is really up to him. With the fixture congestion it isn't as if we have room for passengers.

Yes again poor opposition but imagine if it somehow clicks defensively for him

I've clung to this since it happened.

This is literally the only good game he's had in a Spurs shirt, but he was exceptional.

It's this game alone that means I'm on the side of keeping him here for next season. Imagine that week in, week out. There's a very slim chance that ever happens, but it's a chance I feel we should take or we could end up looking very fucking stupid.

Yes again poor opposition but imagine if it somehow clicks defensively for him

Lovely flicks and turns I give you that.

But considering his fitness issues he would have to learn when to play the ball quicker and when to opt for easier solution as well.
He was fouled and tackled so many times already in this video, but heck in some games against physically strong opponents he will be torn to pieces !!! No freakin use of guile and trickery if after any full game he'll have to stay on sidelines for next 5 with knocks and stuff.

I've clung to this since it happened.

This is literally the only good game he's had in a Spurs shirt, but he was exceptional.

It's this game alone that means I'm on the side of keeping him here for next season. Imagine that week in, week out. There's a very slim chance that ever happens, but it's a chance I feel we should take or we could end up looking very fucking stupid.
I thought he was brilliant against Red Star Belgrade in the home game.

He played behind Kane that day.

Lovely flicks and turns I give you that.

But considering his fitness issues he would have to learn when to play the ball quicker and when to opt for easier solution as well.
He was fouled and tackled so many times already in this video, but heck in some games against physically strong opponents he will be torn to pieces !!! No freakin use of guile and trickery if after any full game he'll have to stay on sidelines for next 5 with knocks and stuff.

I think our scouts just watched YouTube videos of him.

According to Soccer Link (no idea how reliable they are) he's been acting unprofessional in pre season, refusing to work out properly or take his diet seriously. And it went so far that Bergwijn tore into him.

As I said, no idea how reliable Soccer Link are and this smells a bit of "Jan fucked Eriksen's wife". But if true then that is not good.

According to Soccer Link (no idea how reliable they are) he's been acting unprofessional in pre season, refusing to work out properly or take his diet seriously. And it went so far that Bergwijn tore into him.

As I said, no idea how reliable Soccer Link are and this smells a bit of "Jan fucked Eriksen's wife". But if true then that is not good.
Definitely sounds BS especially with reports Ndombele still in France and hasn’t been back to training yet

edit: the Bergwijn stuff the rest could be true

I have never heard of them (which doesn't mean much) but it does seem odd that they would have this info and no other Spurs media would.

I know things are untraditional in terms of media coverage with Covid, so the Spurs media wouldn't have the normal access to witness something like this, but it certainly seems like an easy story to make up based on the players history because it sounds like something that would be true.

I’m sure there’s exaggeration afoot, but to be honest, the lad sounds like a bit of a clown.

If he can’t be arsed, he can genuinely fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom