Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps the most interesting part of Mourinho's post-match interview is that he states the decision not to start Tanguy was made together - ie by the player and him - because TN thought he wasn't quite fit enough to start.

I'm encouraged that they actually seem to be having grown-up conversations, and Mourinho is respecting TN's view that he's not ready for 90 minutes yet.

Last season, as we see in the Amazon series, Mourinho got angry with the medical staff when they inform him players have injuries which mean they can't play. But here he seems to accept that Ndombele is being genuine. And of course he also talks about the player's evolution.

Trust is a very fragile thing. Hard to build, and easy to destroy.

Perhaps the most interesting part of Mourinho's post-match interview is that he states the decision not to start Tanguy was made together - ie by the player and him - because TN thought he wasn't quite fit enough to start.

I'm encouraged that they actually seem to be having grown-up conversations, and Mourinho is respecting TN's view that he's not ready for 90 minutes yet.

Last season, as we see in the Amazon series, Mourinho got angry with the medical staff when they inform him players have injuries which mean they can't play. But here he seems to accept that Ndombele is being genuine. And of course he also talks about the player's evolution.

Had niggling injuries for basically the entire time Mourinho has been at Tottenham, picked up a muscle pull 7 weeks ago, got COVID...not surprised everyone is being cautious.

I don't think he was angry with the staff... Just the news.... i.e. "MORE injures....? Fuck!"

It's almost like they are two adults and can talk like they are.

But yeah, it's great that they can come to this understanding and hopefully it ensures that Tanguy and Gio can rotate until both are fit for 90 minute games.

I don't think he was angry with the staff... Just the news.... i.e. "MORE injures....? Fuck!"
I think Mourinho was clearly angry with the medical staff over Sonny's arm injury.

Essentially, he didn't want the scan doing in case it revealed a fracture which would prevent Sonny from playing at a time when Kane was injured too. And of course the scan did reveal a fracture.

Plus Mourinho told a story about how he had played with a serious cut to his arm, as if any professional player should be prepared to do so.

Mourinho's fury at Eva Carneiro was not faked. It was a genuine temper tantrum because she prioritised player welfare over winning a football match.

In Mourinho's world, winning a football match is clearly of greater importance. It's part of what makes him so driven. And, to use his own language, an intelligent cunt who wins and absolutely hates losing.

I think Mourinho was clearly angry with the medical staff over Sonny's arm injury.

Essentially, he didn't want the scan doing in case it revealed a fracture which would prevent Sonny from playing at a time when Kane was injured too. And of course the scan did reveal a fracture.

Plus Mourinho told a story about how he had played with a serious cut to his arm, as if any professional player should be prepared to do so.

Mourinho's fury at Eva Carneiro was not faked. It was a genuine temper tantrum because she prioritised player welfare over winning a football match.

In Mourinho's world, winning a football match is clearly of greater importance. It's part of what makes him so driven. And, to use his own language, an intelligent cunt who wins and absolutely hates losing.

I'll be honest, I don't recall the in-game circumstances around the EC-storm.... Wasn't it about stopping the clock when they were trying to wind it down or sumthin'......?

Maybe he has previous and you're right, but that's not how I took his reaction to the med bloke in the doc.

I'll be honest, I don't recall the in-game circumstances around the EC-storm.... Wasn't it about stopping the clock when they were trying to wind it down or sumthin'......?

Maybe he has previous and you're right, but that's not how I took his reaction to the med bloke in the doc.
Here ya go, in circa 2 minutes.

Chavski were down to 10 men but winning. Hazard gets fouled. The ref signals Carneiro onto the pitch after talking with Hazard. Mourinho loses his shit, because he thought Hazard was being a "professional" and running down the clock. But once the physio runs on, the player has to leave the pitch and the chavs are down to 9 players.

Check Mourinho's comments at the end of the clip.

Yeah...

Ndombele has proven himself to be an invaluable member of our squad.

:mourshock:

I mean, he literally got us through to the next round of the Europa League today.

Unless you seriously believe our midfield WITHOUT Ndombele in the squad is somewhat stronger than our midfield WITH Ndombele in the squad.

Back to lifting your milk cartons, buddy.

Not even sure how it's even a debate about if he should be starting now.

It's not even so much that he has completely proven himself, rather Winks and Sissoko have been given way too many chances and still can't show that they deserve it. Time for someone else to get the nod and prove themselves. It's very simple really.

I mean, he literally got us through to the next round of the Europa League today.

Unless you seriously believe our midfield WITHOUT Ndombele in the squad is somewhat stronger than our midfield WITH Ndombele in the squad.

Back to lifting your milk cartons, buddy.

If we sell Ndombele and replace him with a midfielder who actually gives a shit then yes, our midfield will be stronger without him.

Get back to rimming Ndombele, buddy.

He is the favourite footstool of some of our rather odd fan base as was Bale as was Modric as was Winks. Its amazing they cant get that different people take time to make a new environment work. Son wanted out after a season so I think did Tanguy. He has it in him to be a fantastic player and he has a little to build on as a Spurs fan I really hope he makes it work. We suck in midfield without any creativity

Back
Top Bottom