Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This guy is really overrated. I'm sorry to say, but what he's doing isn't enough.

He runs the midfield for 20 to 30 mins and rapidly falls off a cliff. In the second half he was giving away balls constantly, trying to be fancy when his weak legs had run out of puff. I was surprised to see Winks go off before him.

I'd prefer if he played at 80% for 90 mins than 90% for 20. The quality of our midfield drops off rapidly when he's off, but we can't leave him on either.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is really overrated. I'm sorry to say, but what he's doing isn't enough.

He runs the midfield for 20 to 30 mins and rapidly falls off a cliff. In the second half he was giving away balls constantly, trying to be fancy when his weak legs had run out of puff. I was surprised to see Winks go off before him.

I'd prefer if he played at 80% for 90 mins than 90% for 20. The quality of our midfield drops off rapidly when he's off, but we can't leave him on either.
Card this clown.
Clearly a Kane fanboy that dogs on every other player.
Support Liverpool or City.

donald trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I think he could have stayed on. The wrong player came on for him though. He should have put on dele or vinny if JM was taking of Tanguy . Lucas should have been on for berg or son if anything. Like for like subs at 3-0 no need to out players on out of position. Lucas has been awful recently so didn’t deserve to come on.
Strongly disagree. Around the time Winks got taken off his performance completely cratered. He kept giving the ball away and acting like a little bitch when he had to make defensive like Bergwijn does all game.

I need to see him maintain some baseline level of solid performance through the second half.

I just don't understand how a pro-footballer in the top league is this unfit. Even Bergwijn looks a bit chunky but the fucker runs his lungs out every game.

Lamela comes out of every injury lay off with washboard abs, Kane had to have his hamstring surgically reattached, but Ndombele is still so unfit.

Edit: All you pricks disagreeing feel free to actually reply.

Dele gets banished for being influential for only a few minutes in a game and everyone's chill. Dele is actually is actually been a long and faithful servant of the club, Ndombele is just some guy who came a year and half ago, he hasn't earned this much blind loyalty.

Again, how anyone can watch games and not see Ndombele pressing like a mad man is beyond me.

Then again, same people probably thought Eriksen was lazy.

Again, how anyone can watch games and not see Ndombele pressing like a mad man is beyond me.

He presses like mad for one half, and then quickly falls off by the 60th minute. That's the issue. Mourinho doesn't take him off for shits and giggles.

By the time Winks was taken off, he was starting to cough up the ball to the Leeds press, making loose passes, and struggling badly to run back and tackle their winger.

It's a real issue, I don't understand why so many of you are insisting it's not.

Why is even mild criticism of our better players always such a fucking taboo?

He ain't gonna be here next season. He hates all the chasing back.
In his mind he is a thoroughbred being asked to pull the milk cart and he is probably right.

He presses like mad for one half, and then quickly falls off by the 60th minute. That's the issue. Mourinho doesn't take him off for shits and giggles.

By the time Winks was taken off, he was starting to cough up the ball to the Leeds press, making loose passes, and struggling badly to run back and tackle their winger.

It's a real issue, I don't understand why so many of you are insisting it's not.

Why is even mild criticism of our better players always such a fucking taboo?

He was pressing like a madman in the 70th minute...

He was pressing like a madman in the 70th minute...
No he bloody fucking wasn't. He was very sloppy in the 20 mins or so before he was taken off. He tracked back a couple of times and rescued a bad situation or two, but the grimace on his face, and that little whiny hop.

He was putting us under more pressure than he was alleviating by the 70th minute. Sissoko coming helped A LOT, despite his complete lack of footballing ability.

No he bloody fucking wasn't. He was very sloppy in the 20 mins or so before he was taken off. He tracked back a couple of times and rescued a bad situation or two, but the grimace on his face, and that little whiny hop.

He was putting us under more pressure than he was alleviating by the 70th minute. Sissoko coming helped A LOT, despite his complete lack of footballing ability.

Yes, he was.

I think youre going to have to watch the game again. He did an absolute monstrous number on Phillips for 75 minutes and pretty much stopped Leeds from dominating the middle.

Again, you like many other body language experts have already nailed it down when it comes to Ndombele.

Surprised you don't complain that Kane is hunched over with his mouth wider than a bookers pussy after 5 minutes and call him unfit because of it.

Eriksen pressed people off the pitch. People associate casual brilliance with laziness in football, even if it's unwarranted.

Ndombele's pressing numbers are some of the best in the league.

Eriksen pressed people off the pitch. People associate casual brilliance with laziness in football, even if it's unwarranted.

Ndombele's pressing numbers are some of the best in the league.

His pressing today was spot on. The best I've seen it all season.

Probably thought 3-0 at 75 minutes was a perfect oppertunity to take him off. Especially as Brentford is just as important and he should be starting that.

Card him.
Do the right thing.
This guy is the biggest idiot since krissper krissper

His pressing today was spot on. The best I've seen it all season.

Probably thought 3-0 at 75 minutes was a perfect oppertunity to take him off. Especially as Brentford is just as important and he should be starting that.
How do explain all the other times he was taking off before the 75th minute? Games where we didn't have a comfortable margin.

How do explain all the other times he was taking off before the 75th minute? Games where we didn't have a comfortable margin.

He wanted to give Lo Celso minutes without disrupting the defensive shape of Mourinhos formation?

And considering when Lo Celso and Ndombele started together in Mourinhos formation we've either looked poorer or have lost, Mourinho sort of has a point. (mainly because he's stubborn and won't just play 433)

The amount of work he gets through a game from pressing, making short bursts and having to take the ball and beat a press or numerous men round him would take an enermous amount of energy out of anyone. And with his gait, its a recipe for disaster for his knees

Its clear Ndombele can play longer. He has done. Unless you miracously believe he's gotten 15 minutes fitter in a week.

He wanted to give Lo Celso minutes without disrupting the defensive shape of Mourinhos formation?

And considering when Lo Celso and Ndombele started together in Mourinhos formation we've either looked poorer or have lost, Mourinho sort of has a point. (mainly because he's stubborn and won't just play 433)

The amount of work he gets through a game from pressing, making short bursts and having to take the ball and beat a press or numerous men round him would take an enermous amount of energy out of anyone. And with his gait, its a recipe for disaster for his knees

Its clear Ndombele can play longer. He has done. Unless you miracously believe he's gotten 15 minutes fitter in a week.
Lo Celso was also injured many of the times when Ndombele was taken off. I actually can't remember the last time Ndombele completed a full 90 mins. Can you?

How many 90 minutes has even completed for Spurs in total?

Does Mourinho strike you as the kind of manager that makes changes when he doesn't need to? Why does he almost never take off Kane, PEH or Son?

Are you really suggesting Ndombele is unique in the amount of work he gets through in a game? PEH has played every single PL minute this season, Kane has often been our box to box midfielder and never got a moment's rest, and it's not like we don't have a young backup striker in need of minutes.

You're honestly sounding like a conspiracy nut. There's no deep 4d chess going on here, the explanation is simple. Ndombele arrived here unfit, remained unfit his entire first season. He's finally living up to the hype, but for only about one half per game, and for 65m + 200k a week it's just not enough. We need him to not become a liability in the final 20/30 mins of games.

Lo Celso was also injured many of the times when Ndombele was taken off. I actually can't remember the last time Ndombele completed a full 90 mins. Can you?

How many 90 minutes has even completed for Spurs in total?

Does Mourinho strike you as the kind of manager that makes changes when he doesn't need to? Why does he almost never take off Kane, PEH or Son?

Are you really suggesting Ndombele is unique in the amount of work he gets through in a game? PEH has played every single PL minute this season, Kane has often been our box to box midfielder and never got a moment's rest, and it's not like we don't have a young backup striker in need of minutes.

You're honestly sounding like a conspiracy nut. There's no deep 4d chess going on here, the explanation is simple. Ndombele arrived here unfit, remained unfit his entire first season. He's finally living up to the hype, but for only about one half per game, and for 65m + 200k a week it's just not enough. We need him to not become a liability in the final 20/30 mins of games.

But then that's Mourinho shutting up shop for a win. Which as we know has back fired plenty of times when sacrificing Ndombele.

Against Chelsea in the League Cup was the last time I remember. Unless we are meant to believe he can play 90 minutes that day against a good Chelsea team in a cup game but not in the league.

Played 79 or so minutes against Burnley too. Or are we meant to believe he's gotten unfitter as the seasons gone on!?

I don't think he's unique in the amount of work. But not a single player in our team does what he does. So again, there's not a stick you can measure him up against.

He arrived fit. But not fit enough for Pochettino Tottenham. Got injured. Lost motivation due to him and Jose butting heads. Mourinho realised he had a gem and made him a key player.

In what way is he becoming a liability? That's the most nonsense I've ever heard.

Has he cost us a goal that I've not seen?

If anything we become a liability when we take him off.

Back
Top Bottom