Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heresy, I know - and I´m definitely not comparing the two players in general. But there are some qualities in Ndombele´s game that remind me of Zinedine Zidane - perhaps, in relation to those specific qualities, more than any other player I´ve seen before him. His low center of gravity and the way he´s able to find spaces between opposition players in every area of the pitch, including central ones, just by being one step ahead of everybody else.

Last edited:
Heresy, I know - and I´m definitely not comparing the two players in general. But there are some qualities in Ndombele´s game that are making me think about Zinedine Zidane - perhaps, in relation to those specific qualities, more than any other player I´ve seen before him. His low center of gravity and how he´s able to find spaces between opposition players in every area of the pitch, including the central ones, just by being one step ahead of everybody else.

I said on the match thread today, that finish was Zidane like.

Zidane was also a bit of a late developer in football terms he didn't really reach his top level until his mid to late 20's which i expect will be the same with Tanguy.

I remember watching Tanguy destroying Barca City and Liverpool and thinking. I'm going to be so gutted watching him play with KDB then he actually signed for us and I was stunned. I just want us to get a quality 10 from some where,lost a bit of belife in Locelso, its all this team needs and we can do big things. Especially if Rodon pushes on.

Heresy, I know - and I´m definitely not comparing the two players in general. But there are some qualities in Ndombele´s game that remind me of Zinedine Zidane - perhaps, in relation to those specific qualities, more than any other player I´ve seen before him. His low center of gravity and how he´s able to find spaces between opposition players in every area of the pitch, including central ones, just by being one step ahead of everybody else.

I actually suggested this much earlier on, I said there were aspects to his game that made me think his passing game could one day become as good as Zidane.

I got laughed at obviously, a bunch of horrible posters gave me the funny reaction.

:pochcry:

Mourinho deserves significant credit for Ndombele’s resurgence.

Last season he overweight and lazy on the pitch despite flashing incredible skills when he was bothered. Mourinho challenged him, made it clear that shit wouldn’t fly and when Tanguy proved himself and got fit he reincorporated him into the team no problems.

That’s how you build a culture. Massive credit to them both, it’s sure fun to watch now.

Last edited:

Every time I watch him play it’s not just his skill that I find dazzling.

I mean his dribbling and passing and ball control are very impressive enough but what separates him from the others who are skilled is his spatial awareness, not just where everyone is positioned which enables his crazy throughballs but also the area around him which allows him to wriggle out of opponents pressing him.

It’s the kind of skill which sometimes makes me think he’s almost viewing the game from above, how he manages to be aware of space to that extent is amazing, he very much plays with his head as well.

Back
Top Bottom