Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think you are even reading what I am writing, or if you are you just change it to be what you want to fit your argument.

I never mentioned success or not, that is a much trickier thing to determine because of a number of factors. If I had to say yes or no, I would lean yes because he has come in and been a key part to the team. That doesn't mean he gets a complete pass or that I don't think that he couldn't offer more, but overall there has been a lot more good than bad with him during his time with the club.

I would love to see the excuses that I have made. I doubt you will provide them because that would involve having an honest discussion about him and you have repeatedly shown you have no interest in that, you just want to ignore reality and run Ndombele down.

I agree that a lack of desire could see him not live up to his fee, still way too early to say if that has happened. I don't think it will mean he is a failure though as he has clearly not been anything close to a failure at all.
You don't think 18+months is enough time?

LOL

Is this for real? He is basically a one man MF constantly the only one capable of advancing the ball, breaking the press and making passes. With GLC out we have nobody else that is capable of doing any of that.

Take him out of our team and the ball has to go directly from Toby or Lloris to the front 3 because Lucas, PEH, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Alli are unable to move the ball through the midfield.
thats right. PEH and ndom could of done with gio in there today..hes the missing piece to the right balance in midfield.

the midfield are up against it tho when getting the ball off of sanchez, dier, aurier or doherty though as the quality of pass is poor majority of the time, putting them in an uphill task from the very off

I think he's better as a No10. It's like he does not have as much defensive responsibility so shines abit more playing there. Kinda a free role like we saw earlier on in the season.

?

How does this answer my question at all?
Had we paid £10-15 million for him I would have said we had took a gamble.
But paying £60 million and paying him £200k per week I fully expected to get something to excite me on a regular basis would you not agree.
Sometimes it looks like it is too much effort for him to put any urgency into his game.
If you are happy enough with his performances up to date I honestly think you knowledge of football is very limited.
He is average at best and we have had our pants pulled down by Lyon.

But paying £60 million and paying him £200k per week I fully expected to get something to excite me on a regular basis would you not agree.
Sometimes it looks like it is too much effort for him to put any urgency into his game.
If you are happy enough with his performances up to date I honestly think you knowledge of football is very limited.
do you not think he would be a lot better with some extra help in midfield, like lo celso in there too? theres certain games where we seem to be overrun in midfield, the ball just goes forward and comes back again. stick another player in midfield and we should be able to get a foothold on the game.

He isn't average at best though, that is a ridiculous statement.

I don't know if we got our pants pulled down yet because I think we could sell him for a very big fee. The top teams in the world will be very interested in adding him because he has world class talent and would fit in well to how they play the game.

I am overall happy with his performances. I think he could be better but he is lucky enough that he has enough talent that even at 75% he is a very good player.

do you not think he would be a lot better with some extra help in midfield, like lo celso in there too? theres certain games where we seem to be overrun in midfield, the ball just goes forward and comes back again. stick another player in midfield and we should be able to get a foothold on the game.
We get overrun in midfield because Ndombele often is not prepared to do the dirty work that is required to play in that position.
I find it impossible to believe any footballer can run faster with the ball at his feet than tracking back and winning the ball

We did not pay 60 million for him no matter how many ill informed people keep saying we did.

I think he's better as a No10. It's like he does not have as much defensive responsibility so shines abit more playing there. Kinda a free role like we saw earlier on in the season.

I don't get this thinking at all.

Yes he can play as a number 10 because he is talented, but he is clearly better suited to play deeper because of his skill set.

Plus we have nobody to take over for him in that deep role and plenty of guys who can play the 10 role, including GLC who is better at it than he is.

He isn't average at best though, that is a ridiculous statement.

I don't know if we got our pants pulled down yet because I think we could sell him for a very big fee. The top teams in the world will be very interested in adding him because he has world class talent and would fit in well to how they play the game.

I am overall happy with his performances. I think he could be better but he is lucky enough that he has enough talent that even at 75% he is a very good player.
Please look at facts not mine or your opinion.
If you are happy with his overall performance up to date you are very easily pleased.
No top teams in the world would pay a massive fee for him just read what you actually wrote.
WORLD CLASS TALENT ???

Back
Top Bottom