Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if he was carrying some real knocks from the kicking he took on Thursday. Did not look sharp or up for it

Very disappointed in him today
Good point. He got the shit kicked out him that whole game and almost no protection from the ref. It was embarrassing. Not sure Jose had any real chance but to start him tonight though.

Wonder if he was carrying some real knocks from the kicking he took on Thursday. Did not look sharp or up for it

Very disappointed in him today
for Ndombele, there's always an excuse

He, like Bale, just didn't even try.

Not the first time for either of them, and it won't be the last. Elite technique and physical ability, amateurish mentality at times.

Been poor for a while - not convinced he's suited as a box to box midfielder but doesn't have the goals to play no.10.

Agree that his desire and attitude at times is poor - not what you want in a centre midfielder but pretty much embodies this club over the years. Talented but hardly ever bosses a game like he should be.

Fully agree.
He has shown very little in the 18+ months he has been here.
Weal mentality and his desire leaves a lot to be desired

Excuse after excuse for this man open your eyes.
He is a passenger game after game and contributed very little.

What BS.

He is not a passenger game after game and he has contributed more than anyone outside of Kane and Son.

Yes there are questions about his fitness, desire and attitude but to try and pretend like he hasn't shown his world class talent multiple times this season is a joke. Anyone questioning his talent is a fool or has an agenda.

I am obviously getting ahead of myself, but if we did move him on I expect he would do great at a big club like Barca, Bayern or PSG where he could float in and out of games and still be effective because the players around him would pick him up and those teams play such weak teams in their domestic leagues.

It would suck to see him go on to excel but we can't afford to have someone like him in our MF especially with the current make-up of our squad and our current manager.

I doubt Levy sells him but we need to try and get more consistency from him and get him to buy into the team more than it appear that he does.

What BS.

He is not a passenger game after game and he has contributed more than anyone outside of Kane and Son.

Yes there are questions about his fitness, desire and attitude but to try and pretend like he hasn't shown his world class talent multiple times this season is a joke. Anyone questioning his talent is a fool or has an agenda.
He plays in the engine room of the team but doesn't have an engine.
Talent yes as I have said on many occasions.
Heart desire and effort you are fucking deluded.

He plays in the engine room of the team but doesn't have an engine.
Talent yes as I have said on many occasions.
Heart desire and effort you are fucking deluded.

What?

I mentioned desire is rightfully questionable.

You said he doesn't contribute that is complete BS. You said he hasn't shown anything, again BS which you seem to agree because you say he has talent so obviously that is showing something.

If your complaint is with his "engine", heart and desire why not say that and leave out the contributes nothing and shown nothing nonsense out of it?

What?

I mentioned desire is rightfully questionable.

You said he doesn't contribute that is complete BS. You said he hasn't shown anything, again BS which you seem to agree because you say he has talent so obviously that is showing something.

If your complaint is with his "engine", heart and desire why not say that and leave out the contributes nothing and shown nothing nonsense out of it?
Please tell me what our club record signing does on a regular basis.
Goals and assists? poor.
Defensive help? poor.
He is not some young kid out of the academy but our club record signing.

Please tell me what our club record signing does on a regular basis.
Goals and assists? poor.
Defensive help? poor.
He is not some young kid out of the academy but our club record signing.

LOL

Is this for real? He is basically a one man MF constantly the only one capable of advancing the ball, breaking the press and making passes. With GLC out we have nobody else that is capable of doing any of that.

Take him out of our team and the ball has to go directly from Toby or Lloris to the front 3 because Lucas, PEH, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Alli are unable to move the ball through the midfield.

LOL

Is this for real? He is basically a one man MF constantly the only one capable of advancing the ball, breaking the press and making passes. With GLC out we have nobody else that is capable of doing any of that.

Take him out of our team and the ball has to go directly from Toby or Lloris to the front 3 because Lucas, PEH, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Alli are unable to move the ball through the midfield.
I take it you didn't watch the Palace game only 7 days ago.
You agree that he lacks desire?
Very few goals very few assists and very little desire but you reckon he is our 3rd most important player?

I take it you didn't watch the Palace game only 7 days ago.
You agree that he lacks desire?
Very few goals very few assists and very little desire but you reckon he is our 3rd most important player?

I don't think he is really here to provide a ton of goals and in fact he has given us about what I would expect out of him given the role he has been forced to play. Same with assists, he is often making the pass that creates the chances, even if it isn't the last pass that gets the stat. I would rather see him doing that than tapping a ball over to Kane to make a worldie shot and getting a stat.

I think his desire is under question. I am not close enough to the team to know what is going on for sure. I have seen signs since he came here that make me question how much he wants to be here. I also think there are legit reasons that he would question why he should stay as well so it is far from just him that is the problem.

I think he is with out a doubt the 3rd most important player on this team, especially with GLC injured all the time. There is nobody even close to being able to do what he can with GLC injured.

I don't think he is really here to provide a ton of goals and in fact he has given us about what I would expect out of him given the role he has been forced to play. Same with assists, he is often making the pass that creates the chances, even if it isn't the last pass that gets the stat. I would rather see him doing that than tapping a ball over to Kane to make a worldie shot and getting a stat.

I think his desire is under question. I am not close enough to the team to know what is going on for sure. I have seen signs since he came here that make me question how much he wants to be here. I also think there are legit reasons that he would question why he should stay as well so it is far from just him that is the problem.

I think he is with out a doubt the 3rd most important player on this team, especially with GLC injured all the time. There is nobody even close to being able to do what he can with GLC injured.
You are very easily please if you think he has been any sort of success during his Spurs career.
I have been far from satisfied by what he produces on a regular basis.
Excuse after excuse has been made by people like you but 2 managers have now failed to get the best out of him.
Lack of desire will see him fail in England and will also mean he will never hit the heights that are expected of being a £60 million player.
There is no excuse for lack of heart and desire however talented you are

You are very easily please if you think he has been any sort of success during his Spurs career.
I have been far from satisfied by what he produces on a regular basis.
Excuse after excuse has been made by people like you but 2 managers have now failed to get the best out of him.
Lack of desire will see him fail in England and will also mean he will never hit the heights that are expected of being a £60 million player.
There is no excuse for lack of heart and desire however talented you are

I don't think you are even reading what I am writing, or if you are you just change it to be what you want to fit your argument.

I never mentioned success or not, that is a much trickier thing to determine because of a number of factors. If I had to say yes or no, I would lean yes because he has come in and been a key part to the team. That doesn't mean he gets a complete pass or that I don't think that he couldn't offer more, but overall there has been a lot more good than bad with him during his time with the club.

I would love to see the excuses that I have made. I doubt you will provide them because that would involve having an honest discussion about him and you have repeatedly shown you have no interest in that, you just want to ignore reality and run Ndombele down.

I agree that a lack of desire could see him not live up to his fee, still way too early to say if that has happened. I don't think it will mean he is a failure though as he has clearly not been anything close to a failure at all.

Back
Top Bottom