Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah the revisionism is slightly silly. The facts actually make it worse. I saw him ruin great sides, boss games on Merseyside in the Camp Nou and the Etihad.

He 100% can be a truly elite creative central midfielder but he stopped trying altogether and picking that back up both mentally and physically is not at all easy. He has done himself as a top player by thinking it was a switch to be turned on and off.

Bloke came to Spurs for Poch who would have babied him for 18 months and got him both fit in mind and body but Poch left. No other elite coach works like Poch, you can see this (the confusion) at PSG. Lemons and Universal energy who else dose that? Well daddy's gone Tanguy and you will be a Trabzonspor player long before he comes back. :contepoint: :dembelefingers::pochserious2::tanguythumb:

TND is not a player who is tactically disciplined nor is he likely to work in a team well drilled in passing patterns etc.
He reminds me of those players who are really good at 5-a-side but totally lost at 11-a-side.

We should be sending out feelers to Rennes to see if they would be interested in his services.

Rennes have deep pockets (owned by the richest family in France I believe). And their current head coach is Genesio, who got the most out of Tanguy at Lyon.
Great research. Rennes finished 4th-does that get UCL?
Edit: Just the 1st 3 in France get UCL.

He is yet another example, that THFC just simply doesn't seem to be doing psych evals on million pound assets.
seemed to be a case of Poch stomping his feet like a petulant tween. "I want THAT one". Levy, having screwed up the previous season's transfers was forced into doing whatever Poch wanted. So he got Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon all at exorbitant prices.

seemed to be a case of Poch stomping his feet like a petulant tween. "I want THAT one". Levy, having screwed up the previous season's transfers was forced into doing whatever Poch wanted. So he got Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon all at exorbitant prices.

Levy vets all transfers, so that's too cheap, unfortunately.

Also, it's well known Poch wanted Bruno Fernandes but we ended up late on with GLC.

We should be sending out feelers to Rennes to see if they would be interested in his services.

Rennes have deep pockets (owned by the richest family in France I believe). And their current head coach is Genesio, who got the most out of Tanguy at Lyon.
and if not them then we ought to target the clubs with the right type of manager. Harry Redknapp if he was managing would be one of that ilk, who can take players with ability and get the best out of them where others can't. When they look ok on loan we sell for whatever we can get.

Polish-20220530-201412623.jpg

Was he any good at Lyon then? I'm guessing it's a big no.

Only saw him in a handful of games but in that handful he was good. Wasn’t a playground footballer at all, he was a very useful press resistant midfielder who looked like a dangerous ball carrier. Vs City especially he had a great game, at the centre of anything Lyon did well.

But a bit of research shows he would often turn up in these games then disappear vs the ‘lowly’ side the week after. So it’s not hard to see why he’s lacked the level of motivation required after getting a huge contract. That level of dedication & focus was probably never there.

Only saw him in a handful of games but in that handful he was good. Wasn’t a playground footballer at all, he was a very useful press resistant midfielder who looked like a dangerous ball carrier. Vs City especially he had a great game, at the centre of anything Lyon did well.

But a bit of research shows he would often turn up in these games then disappear vs the ‘lowly’ side the week after. So it’s not hard to see why he’s lacked the level of motivation required after getting a huge contract. That level of dedication & focus was probably never there.
Sounds like typical hot and cold Tanguy. What a massive shame.

Ok, If you says so who am I to disagree? Shame the club doesn't hire more people like you to take control of the transfers.

Literally there were direct quotes from previous managers / players / employees comments of Ndombell posted to this thread before the deal was officially announced or surely before he ever kicked the ball for us.

So get the fuck down from your high horse.
Club fucked up pretty basic shit and did not look into mental side of the player.
And when you fuck up, you get punished. Just usually the cost attached to such mistakes cost less than 100+ mil £

Literally there were direct quotes from previous managers / players / employees comments of Ndombell posted to this thread before the deal was officially announced or surely before he ever kicked the ball for us.

So get the fuck down from your high horse.
Club fucked up pretty basic shit and did not look into mental side of the player.
And when you fuck up, you get punished. Just usually the cost attached to such mistakes cost less than 100+ mil £

I don’t think it’s a case that the club weren’t aware of his attitude. They just thought Poch could deal with that. The whole world knew Aurier was a lunatic but Poch still signed him.

I don’t think any manager could make Ndombele a reliable player but it’s a shame Poch never had enough time to really try.

I don’t think it’s a case that the club weren’t aware of his attitude. They just thought Poch could deal with that. The whole world knew Aurier was a lunatic but Poch still signed him.

I don’t think any manager could make Ndombele a reliable player but it’s a shame Poch never had enough time to really try.

I am not sure it is fully true.

But if it is, then it is fair to say that everyone (including man himself) grossly overestimated Poch abilities. I never saw him as someone who would set people straight or change them. Whoever did not fit his bill and was not willing to follow his methods were just removed from the squad and he worked on with those who remained.

And obviously both signings were failures. Ndombelly's much more so, but Aurier still cost us 25 mil, never reached consistency and in the end was released for free...

Now that we have stability and a new mentality under Conte, and not reliant on players like Ndombele and Lo Celso, I think we should keep him one more season, throw him in now and again, see if he can hit some sort of form and if not, sell next year.

Now that we have stability and a new mentality under Conte, and not reliant on players like Ndombele and Lo Celso, I think we should keep him one more season, throw him in now and again, see if he can hit some sort of form and if not, sell next year.
No thanks.

Guy is a useless fat weasel and I don’t want him anyway near the first team.

We might have, but Ndombele won't.

You're also forgetting Conte had already binned him off after his disgraceful showing vs Morcombe in the FA Cup (LOL..... Our Dominant MFer! ....Also subbed off in a losing effort against fuckin' Mura!)....

Not in Conte squad despite being 'fit':
Chavs LC (H)
Chavs EPL (A)
Lester (A)

Also missing:
First 5 games of the season.

Waster.

Last edited:
We might have, but Ndombele won't.

You're also forgetting Conte had already binned him off after his disgraceful showing vs Morcombe in the FA Cup (LOL..... Our Dominant MFer! ....Also subbed off in a losing effort against fuckin' Mura!)....

Not in squad despite being 'fit':
Chavs LC (H)
Chavs EPL (A)
Lester (A)

Also:
First 5 games of the season.

Waster.
Those were hectic times. Now the waters have calmed lets see what conte does. Im not Ndombele fan. Im not bothered either way. I just think from a football sense and financial sense if Conte decides to bring him back into the fold with a full Conte pre-season, sits him down, and now that we have a new stability and dont need him either way I dont think it hurts to keep him another season and see what he does when hes given minutes. There is a player in there and could come in handy it all depends on his mentality and if Conte can break him down and rebuild him. A decent run of games could improve his resale. If not then bin him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom