Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A sad, sad waste of natural talent. I’ve defended him many times, wanted so badly for him to come good. Was so sure (or blindly hoping) that all of a sudden the switch would flick and he’d be running the show, week in week out. Just doesn’t seem to actually want to be professional footballer. Can’t defend him anymore. I was wrong :contefacepalm2:

This Season in the PL...

Ndombele: 486 mins / 2 non pen goal contributions
Kane: 1432 mins / 4 non pen goal contributions

Awkward …

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

This basically translates in to he did two things on a pitch in a short period of time, which we know from previous experience he wouldn't have kept up across a longer amount of time. We also know he's been shit/unproductive against rubbish teams in the cup, and the reason he's not getting minutes to add to the ones he has is because he never shows he deserves it.

Kane's been godawful most of the season but played nearly every game, so you'd be hard fucking pressed to find a player in the whole league with a worst g/a contribution than him. Pretty sure Davinson Sanchez will look like Ronaldo in comparison.

I have no problems that he is shit, that is down to our scouting system, who bought him. I do have an issue that he doesn't give a shit, he has shown no sign of getting his stamina to a place where we could even get a half of football out of him. What is the point in any player that cant do 90 minutes, this is football ffs, not a relay race.

Being in the Stadium today really showed him for what he is, he is stealing his wage and the way he just sauntered off the pitch just about sums up how many fucks he gives about Spurs or the Fans. I said to the fella next to me, he probably thinks the booing was cos the supporters didnt want him hooked,..

I hope we never see him in a Spurs shirt again. That walk off today has done it for me,, he can sod off.
He went straight down the tunnel aswell.

So what about the other jokers we've spunked our money on since 2017? If it was a one-off you might blame Poch but almost every player signed since Hitchen became chief scout in 2017 has been a fucking disaster.

We should be asking why Hitchen and the other half-wits have spent 300M in 4 years and failed to get even a single player better than what we had before.
You’d like to be a fly on the wall at Hitchens’ appraisal wouldn’t you? He must have the gift of the gab or something. He can’t really justify his position!

Being poor or out of form I can forgive. That behaviour when he was subbed I'm afraid I cannot. Taking as long as possible to come off when we're 1-0 down with time running out isn't just disrespecting his manager, teammates, or the fans or the club. It's actively trying to sabotage us.

Just for that alone I hope we never see him again.

You’d like to be a fly on the wall at Hitchens’ appraisal wouldn’t you? He must have the gift of the gab or something. He can’t really justify his position!
He got promoted off the back of Poch's success. As soon as that well dried up he was found out for the snidey, useless, little fucker he is. Levy's ass-licker in chief is all he is.

I’d send him on holiday for a month, with the best Counsellor/ phschoanalst money can buy and try that… it’s the way he views his job and us

Poch probably thought that his style of management could get the best out of him, and we’ll never really know whether he could have or not. Wouldn’t be the first mercurial player that Poch transformed. But I doubt it.
He weirdly enough had his best games under Jose. But normally you would expect that Jose's style of putting external and public pressure on him would not work.

So what about the other jokers we've spunked our money on since 2017? If it was a one-off you might blame Poch but almost every player signed since Hitchen became chief scout in 2017 has been a fucking disaster.

We should be asking why Hitchen and the other half-wits have spent 300M in 4 years and failed to get even a single player better than what we had before.
I said this the other day and some Wally tried to argue with me. Outside of an inconsistent Lucas, who have we signed since that epic Poch season that is better than those that played? Nobody. And Lucas only gets a note because he's better than Chadli.

Thus ends Tanguy Ndombele's time as a Tottenham Hotspur player.

I make this post in the perpetual hope that this, one day, will be looked back upon as a silly post by me. For I share the sympathies of Crackers71 Crackers71 , defending Ndombele myself endlessly for the past 24 months. However, the question has to be asked: was I defending Ndombele's actions? Or the endless hope that he created for us as fans? I now know, frustratingly, that for Tanguy it has and always was the later.

We were looking for the replacement for arguably one of the finest players to grace the team in the past 7 years: Mousa Dembele. We knew that without Mousa we were missing that heart, desire and strength that can help push the team forward from the middle of the park; the silky smooth skills, turns and distribution forward. On hearing the news of interest in Tanguy I think it's fair to say that we all got excited, we had the potential replacement for Mousa and someone who displayed the same flair whilst seemingly having much more to learn.

He comes and scores on his debut, he shows us his ability to take players on, find the occasional narrow through ball and almost Berbatov like 'coolness'. However, the later eventually got revealed to be laziness and the former proved to be too few and far between.

Tanguy will forever be looked back upon in the Spurs history books as a 'what could of been' but he has done many of us a favour now. What favour is that? His potential was his own downfall and not that of a coach, team or system. Never can a fan argue that 'he wasn't given enough time', 'he didn't have the right manager' or 'the players around him weren't good enough' and for that I am happy. Why? Because the hope that was instilled in him was just that; a hope. It was never a reality because the individual at hand was not capable enough to maintain that hope and drive him forward. As our mothers and fathers would say historically, I'm not angry at Ndombele, I am disappointed.

He needs a therapist or a dry slap. Seriously.

Don't see how he won't regret it when he's older.
I reckon the amount of money he makes offsets any inconvenience or regret.

I want to know how I hoodwink a premier league team to sign me up for £200,000 per week and perform like this.

Back
Top Bottom