The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't the only bid that has been put forward to FIFA for the 2026 WC (meant to be decided this year) a joint US/Mexico/Canada bid? Having two World Cup's in a row in the same country. IMO if it gets stripped from Qatar it should be an Asian country that takes it, Japan probably being the best option. Although once again, you know, Australia are here but yeah that ain't happening.

I like the idea of Oz having the WC but synergy kick off times would affect viewing figures
Hey it is about time you guys get a taste of your own medicine!

For reference, these would be the kick off times for a World Cup held in Australia.

4PM KO local - 6AM UK time

6PM KO local - 8AM UK time

8PM KO local - 10AM UK time

It is a lot better than the kick off times the Asian countries normally get, and I think the viewing figures wouldn't be effected too much as the massive population of Asia would make up for it being in their preffered time zone, especially if China qualified.

Hey it is about time you guys get a taste of your own medicine!

For reference, these would be the kick off times for a World Cup held in Australia.

4PM KO local - 6AM UK time

6PM KO local - 8AM UK time

8PM KO local - 10AM UK time

It is a lot better than the kick off times the Asian countries normally get, and I think the viewing figures wouldn't be effected too much as the massive population of Asia would make up for it being in their preffered time zone, especially if China qualified.

We sent you there for a reason. Why on earth would we punish the prosecutors & not the guilty?

Plus I believe Australia is very much like the film Mad Max

Last edited:
Cokes%20slogan%20is%20Share%20Happiness.%20So%20I%20made%20an%20ad%20to%20remind%20them%20of%20the%20kind%20of%20happiness%20theyre%20sharing%20in%20Qatar.png

Cutting.

Back
Top Bottom