The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They have a young team, majority will be at their first ever WC. I think it's more of a learning curve for them really, building to 2026 when the US are co-host. I don't think it's trolling to say that.
Fun and harmless banter aside you’re 100% correct. The US has the youngest team at the World Cup this year. Loads of talent when healthy but completely out of their depth and knowledge on the words biggest stage.

Lads, its America.

Looking Sir Alex GIF by Manchester United

pointing-traitor.gif

Fun and harmless banter aside you’re 100% correct. The US has the youngest team at the World Cup this year. Loads of talent when healthy but completely out of their depth and knowledge on the words biggest stage.

If the US would start funneling their gene pool into football instead of the Big 3, the the US would become a heavyweight in the space of a generation. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that all the young guys in the small Colorado town I moved to all played soccer for their school teams, so maybe it's not too distant...

The War of 1812? Nah man. The US literally invaded Canada and got their asses whipped for it.

True, but we randomly kicked the crap out of the vaunted English Navy in that war somehow.

The good news is that no schools in America teach about that war in any way. We just ignore that it happened.

She's awful, she really is. The whole team are really.

The American lads by contrast are all alright, just a load of soccer nerds....like the ones on here. Pretty harmless at the end of the day.

:pochsmirk:

They have a young team, majority will be at their first ever WC. I think it's more of a learning curve for them really, building to 2026 when the US are co-host. I don't think it's trolling to say that.
I think you’re right. We are building for 2026 with this group.

True, but we randomly kicked the crap out of the vaunted English Navy in that war somehow.

The good news is that no schools in America teach about that war in any way. We just ignore that it happened.

You know, I only just recently learned that The Star Spangled Banner is actually written about this war. I always assumed that it was from the Revolution. Schooled in Britain I never even knew the war had ever even happened until I moved to the States.

If the US would start funneling their gene pool into football instead of the Big 3, the the US would become a heavyweight in the space of a generation. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that all the young guys in the small Colorado town I moved to all played soccer for their school teams, so maybe it's not too distant...
The talent will get better over time. We’re seeing more quality Mexican Americans and kids whose parents immigrated from Central American countries playing for the United States and naturally they are incredible talents.

The talent will get better over time. We’re seeing more quality Mexican Americans and kids whose parents immigrated from Central American countries playing for the United States and naturally they are incredible talents.

Definitely, not to mention all the players who are now moving to European leagues and playing high-level. It will pay off in time.

Most of the stadiums will be knocked down afterwards or converted to something else if memory serves.
I think one was made from shipping containers so it can be dismantled afterwards. Not sure about the others. In any case, it's a huge waste for such a small country. Only one stadium is outside of the city Doha

The group with Argentina, Mexico and Poland is probably the trickiest.

I also think Canada will make it out of their group and be the surprise of the tournament. Their manager will be linked to us in a few years.

I also think Canada will make it out of their group and be the surprise of the tournament. Their manager will be linked to us in a few years.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - Canada's biggest problem is that all their players are Canadians.

Joking aside, who do Canada have apart from Alphonso Davies?

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - Canada's biggest problem is that all their players are Canadians.

John Herdman has them playing as a team, I'm only suggesting they'll get some results in their group and surprise some people.

Jonathan David is also good

Strange how we all see things differently.

I think that France, Denmark, Tunisia and Peru(if they qualify) could be the trickiest group.

No one. They play super defensive and are good on the counter. I went to the US-Canada game in Nashville and it was boring a fuck. Canada just sat back and let us have the ball.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I would not be surprised if anyone in Group F, including Canada, topped that group. I think that is clearly the strongest group 1-4.

Belgium always under perform, Canada is a lot better than most will give them credit for, Moracco is in my estimation the best African squad, and Croatia is a WC finalist.

Back
Top Bottom